Die hard Man Utd fan makes odyssey to Samui to find his idol - meets Eric Cantona

snoop1130

Die hard Man Utd fan makes odyssey to Samui to find his idol - meets Eric Cantona

561000004250501.JPEG

Manager reported that a die hard Manchester United football fan found out that one of the club's all time legends was in Thailand.

Rather than let the opportunity to meet his idol pass him by Thai fan Prinya Insomchur bought an air-ticket for Koh Samui.

He wanted to meet Eric Canton. The French man, now 51, was credited with being the catalyst that led Man Utd to two decades of domination in the English Premier League after Alex Ferguson brought him to the club from Leeds United.

Though knowing the French international's sometimes fiery temper he knew he ought to be polite if he found him! (After all Eric once famously aimed a kung fu kick at a person in the crown at Crystal Palace who upset him).

It took Prinya all day to get the scent of his quarry but eventually he traced him to where he was having dinner.

He approached Eric for a photo and when he said "yes" Prinya replied politely that he should finish his dinner first and he waited at a nearby table until he was done.

True to his word Eric stopped off before retiring for the night and signed two shirts that Prinya had brought with him - one Red United shirt and one of "King Eric" himself.

Prinya gave in kind by presenting some Muay Thai shorts to the United legend.  

The story was shared by many fans from Prinya's Facebook page. 

Source: https://mgronline.com/onlinesection/detail/9610000040755

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-25

The seagulls follow the legend that is Eric.

Thank you for being polite, and you got the reward.

Not only Man United fans should appreciate what he contributed to Football, a majestic few years with only the very best in his class of great players.

And a nice guy too (if not excessively provoked).

Well done Prinya , respect for those with true talent has paid off.

:thumbsup:

Clicked on this story and refreshing to read, something nice for a change. Great for the Thai fan and nice of Mr. Canton to  oblige. Nice, a nice story on TV for a change.

However, those witty Thai visa guavas try to find the negative in all that is Thailand and troll their angle to dish the story or any story for that matter .... Sad innit ! Mann im getting so bored of this troll site, sry admin you do yer best with the garbage here but the garbage is in overdrive volume. 

I often wonder why many of these posters stay here (or maybe  they dont and are just international trollers). Agreed not all is great in LOS but come on eh, if you troll this story then there is no hope for you.

My rant over, and no im not a footy fan but its a nice story all the same.

Bored yet? Might just ban myself from TV

On 4/27/2018 at 10:45 PM, YouYouYou said:

Clicked on this story and refreshing to read, something nice for a change. Great for the Thai fan and nice of Mr. Canton to  oblige. Nice, a nice story on TV for a change.

However, those witty Thai visa guavas try to find the negative in all that is Thailand and troll their angle to dish the story or any story for that matter .... Sad innit ! Mann im getting so bored of this troll site, sry admin you do yer best with the garbage here but the garbage is in overdrive volume. 

I often wonder why many of these posters stay here (or maybe  they dont and are just international trollers). Agreed not all is great in LOS but come on eh, if you troll this story then there is no hope for you.

My rant over, and no im not a footy fan but its a nice story all the same.

Bored yet? Might just ban myself from TV

Many do not live here

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2018 at 9:16 PM, observer90210 said:

Oh dear !!....the once football legend looks like a Pattaya bar stool monger !!....should shape up and dress up a bit better please, Mr CANTONA.

I'm sure he will bear your feelings in mind when he makes his next appearance 

Archived