TrueMove, DTAC or AIS? Thailand’s best mobile network revealed

webfact

TrueMove, DTAC or AIS? Thailand’s best mobile network revealed

BY STAFF WRITER 

download-635x336.png

A new report has revealed which of Thailand’s mobile operators offer the fastest 3G and 4G data speeds.

London based analytics company Open Signal has released its latest State of Mobile Networks report for Thailand.

The company says the report is based on data gathered from 1,104,675,335 datapoints collected from 117,309 users between Jan 1 – Mar 31, 2018.

The report ranks Thailand’s three main carriers AIS, Dtac and TrueMove, ranking them on which has the best 3G and 4G speeds, availability and latency.

According to the report, TrueMove can out on top, with the firm either winning out right or tieing all the national awards.

Full story: https://tech.thaivisa.com/turemove-dtac-ais-thailands-best-mobile-network-revealed/28436/

thaitech1.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Tech 2018-04-26

Related to the topic -broadband speeds ,i used to have Tot,but moved and got 3BB ,good service they came the same day when i had a problem,but excellent download speed,i was downloading some movies the other day,it got up too 12,000 kbs at some stages and the rest was around 10- 11,000 it rarely drops below 9.

What about these providers when you do email and use their outgoing mail server? Until today either 3BB nor AIS came up with a mailserver with a clean IP. That means, your mail is being rejected by American or European servers. The only way around is to copy your email to your web based account and send them from there. Those IP addresses from AIS and 3BB are blacklisted, because they have been used to send out spam. This truly is a pain in the butt. You surely can complain, but they do nothing, nothing to solve that problem. I have not tried True though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just posted this in a thread about pre-paid internet SIM's, and I thought I would repeat it here so I can vent a bit about Dtac.

I bought the dTAC "Go plearn" net SIM, which was a terrible purchase.  It was supposed to be an internet SIM for one year and a month after I bought it dTAC seemed to completely stop supporting the SIM; it seems to be only useful for voice calls.

I am so annoyed at Dtac now that I can't wait to throw that SIM card in the trash.  The problem is I opened two online bank accounts using my Dtac number, so I have to physically go to a branch of K-Bank and Bangkok Bank first to fill out a form to change my number.  And I should probably go to Thai Immigration and update my phone number there, what a drag. How else is Dtac annoying?  After they stopped supporting the SIM card they sold me they started to send me spam phone messages regularly to try to sell me internet service at ridiculous high prices.  My message to all.......avoid Dtac!

I then bought the AIS Net Marathon 4 Mbps SIM for 2,500 baht for one year.  They say calls to AIS are 1 baht/hour, for one year, which sounds a bit too good to be true, and I haven't confirmed or found this not to be accurate yet, as I just topped it up and haven't counted down what calls are costing me yet.  The AIS net marathon SIM card is not available at many stores.  I bought it directly from AIS online, they mailed it to me, and then I had to go to a Telewiz shop to get the number registered before I could use it.  I could select my phone number from a long list of possible phone numbers.....fun for the superstitious seeking a lucky number.  The AIS net marathon SIM is also available in a 1 Mbps version for 1,200 baht/year, which I don't recommend because that speed is not the best and voice calls are more expensive on that version.

3 hours ago, daocat555 said:

I just posted this in a thread about pre-paid internet SIM's, and I thought I would repeat it here so I can vent a bit about Dtac.

I bought the dTAC "Go plearn" net SIM, which was a terrible purchase.  It was supposed to be an internet SIM for one year and a month after I bought it dTAC seemed to completely stop supporting the SIM; it seems to be only useful for voice calls.

Did you call DTAC to discuss the problems? I've been with them for over a decade and have found their customer service to be excellent.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:24 AM, edwardandtubs said:

It's true that true move has the best short-term speeds but it has periods of extremely slow speeds too so is a lot less consistent than either AIS or DTAC.

Do you actually have the metrics to prove your statement?

I find AIS to be very consistent also, as per Edward and Tubbs (are you local?) post above.

I've also been using a LINE Mobile SIM card solely for use in a 4G router - its average at best but cheap and reliable.  They are a re-seller for the DTAC network.

• 7 months later...

AIS must be really pumping up their network. I have been using them for 6 months. Previously, I had tried dtac and True as well. I don’t remember the test results, but since Thailand got eSIM for the iPhone, I decided to run tests again. It was easy enough to convert my physical SIM to eSIM in Central Festival Pattaya. Data speeds were excellent.. around 30-55Mbps at various parts of town. Next I went to dtac at Central Festival. They refused to sell me a normal SIM, I had to buy their ripoff tourist SIM. I don’t remember needing to do that in the past. Anyways, I was getting a paltry 4-8Mbps download speed. I will go to True next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use both ais and true in the same phone and  they both have close to 100% coverage around bkk

Neither have failed to work in the areas i go but upcountry might be different 

Both are 6mb unlimited usage package so it's fair comparison 

If i had to pick just one id take ais  because the speed stays consistent when you make a 4g hotspot to use your laptop and true gets slower in my experience when you start "using too much" of your "unlimited" package ????

I have DTAC Turbo 4G on their 2300 Mhz spectrum in BKK, and last night ran a Netflix Fast speedtest using that, and got 27 Mbps -- which is a whole lot faster than the year old 4G speed averages listed for DTAC in the OP report.

I've also have and use True Move H and AIS on other SIMs for other purposes, though don't really use mobile data so much. The one big difference I've noticed with DTAC is even in BKK, their own wifi network seems to be far more limited than AIS or True.

When I'm out and around and want to connect to a wifi hotspot, I'd almost always find an available AIS or True hotspot somewhere. But with DTAC, it's very spotty, and not nearly as pervasive as I would have hoped for and expected.

I think I am going to use dtac more. Prices are slightly better than AIS and speeds were comparable. I was looking at True but I did not like all their auto renewal plans. Little mentioned about dtac is all their little perks like dtac rewards and bonus iflix with some of their plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived