Prachuap Khiri Khan: Man Tries To Derail Trains To Avenge Fish Pond

webfact

Man Tries To Derail Trains To Avenge Fish Pond

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

302711-696x392.jpg

Padungsak Kunnasak on Thursday participates in a police ‘re-enactment’ of his alleged attempt to derail a train in Prachuap Khiri Khan. Photo: Matichon

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN — A man who sought revenge on the state railway for destroying his fish pond was arrested Thursday with a suspected accomplice after their third attempt to derail a train caused damages.

Police arrested Preecha Kamthai and Padungsak Kunnasak in connection with the April 17 accident, in which a northbound train to Bangkok was damaged after striking a metal plate and rod left lying on the tracks in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/04/27/man-tries-to-derail-trains-to-avenge-fish-pond/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-27

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Was he compensated for the loss of his fish pond , if not i can understand his anger . but he obviously didn't consider what would happen to staff and passengers .

No. Almost certainly his pond encroached illegally onto land owned by the SRT. About three years ago as a  prelude to the introduction of dual track, the SRT fenced off its land along selected stretches the existing single track line and have recently rough graded the trace of the new parallel line. I think he was a 'squatter'

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Was he compensated for the loss of his fish pond , if not i can understand his anger . but he obviously didn't consider what would happen to staff and passengers .

Whoo now you are asking about logic in a land of little of no logic.

I had the same problem as a youngster and my mum flushed my gold fish down the pan.the next couple of weeks I planned to slaughter my classmates,lol.what ever goes through these minds. it might be the chemicals they use on farms,some sort of syndrome that can't be detected.anyway standard 500baht and a wai and off you go and don't try it again because your a hopeless failure.

Let's see, land squatter and thief (because that's what a land squatter is since he is using something without paying for it) is angry he can no longer squat and steal.

Time for someone to explain to him that what he did was wrong. Put him away for a long time for  the  failed terror attack. Domestic terror, 3 attempts to  do damage and to kill. He knew a train derailment could kill passengers and workers. Charge him with attempted murder.

On 27/04/2018 at 5:47 PM, happy chappie said:

I had the same problem as a youngster and my mum flushed my gold fish down the pan.the next couple of weeks I planned to slaughter my classmates,lol.what ever goes through these minds. it might be the chemicals they use on farms,some sort of syndrome that can't be detected.anyway standard 500baht and a wai and off you go and don't try it again because your a hopeless failure.

Your american i take it :sorry:   just joking

I hope they punish this guy harshly. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Your american i take it :sorry:   just joking

I hope they punish this guy harshly. 

No I'm British actually,but don't be fooled we have our fair share of head cases.if it was as easy to get a gun like it is in the USA the uk would be like the ok coral.

Archived