3 Burmese Arrested For Alleged Rape of US Tourist

Jonathan Fairfield

3 Burmese Arrested For Alleged Rape of US Tourist

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

A19D1912-EB4E-49A4-B37D-EC36623191D2-696x464.jpeg

Three Burmeses – Dam, Daeng and Noi (sit on chairs) – during a re-enactment on Friday afternoon.

CHIANG MAI — Three Burmese men were arrested Friday for the alleged rape of an American tourist in Chiang Mai’s Doi Saket district.

Police arrested the construction workers, identified only as Dam, Daeng and Noi, for allegedly gang-raping an American tourist Thursday night.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/04/27/3-burmese-arrested-for-alleged-rape-of-us-tourist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-27

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She went to the restroom where the 3 Burmese allegedly followed and "gang raped" her......so what was the boyfriend doing during this time and was he not alarmed when the men all left at a similar time to her.....strange :whistling:

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

She went to the restroom where the 3 Burmese allegedly followed and "gang raped" her......so what was the boyfriend doing during this time and was he not alarmed when the men all left at a similar time to her.....strange :whistling:

That's an interesting question

Must of been a whole 20 mtrs away behind the shop (maybe also an external rear door for the shop as well )

Wouldn't one think it was strange that the whole 3 of them followed her to the toilet

Where were the sounds of screaming or a struggle before the time they had to (maybe ) gag her 

So during the struggle how long would it of taken 3 men to rape her ( maybe longer then 5 minutes )

At that stage it seems like her boyfriend wasn't worried 

All I can say is, I had many tourist visits to Thailand as an American before moving here. And of all those, I can't ever remember one time where I ended up sitting at a mini-mart/grocery store drinking and socializing (?) with three Burmese construction workers, or any Burmese construction workers for that matter. I must have missed that part of the tourist routine.

Not sure on this issue, but if a girl starts getting drunk, socializing (not flirting of course) with strangers by a roadside shop, in an unfamiliar country, that to when her boyfriend is present....what is the outcome to expect ? 

No judgement on this particular issue, just a comment on a behavioural pattern,  that can lead to misunderstandings and a dirty end !

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I dont know if they did it, or, if as they claim, it was consensual. I do know if I was a Burmese accused of a crime involving a farang, even if totally innocent, I would be very worried about the outcome.

I would be surprised if she agreed to accommodate all 3 of them in a toilet. Just doesn't sound likely.

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

What is the logic or rule here, to decide when some culprits (sometimes confirmed, sometimes just accused) are shown with heavily pixelated or completely clear pictures.

This is Thailand... THAT... is the logic and rule... LOL

13 hours ago, Darcula said:

It's possible police just wrote down the first words those suspects exclaimed when they heard they were going to be charged.

In that case, I'd have thought "Dam, Daeng and Noi' might have been 'Damn, Dang and Durn!'.

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not sure on this issue, but if a girl starts getting drunk, socializing (not flirting of course) with strangers by a roadside shop, in an unfamiliar country, that to when her boyfriend is present....what is the outcome to expect ? 

No judgement on this particular issue, just a comment on a behavioural pattern,  that can lead to misunderstandings and a dirty end !

Not to be raped one would assume. 

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

All I can say is, I had many tourist visits to Thailand as an American before moving here. And of all those, I can't ever remember one time where I ended up sitting at a mini-mart/grocery store drinking and socializing (?) with three Burmese construction workers, or any Burmese construction workers for that matter. I must have missed that part of the tourist routine.

What are you saying ?

Because you never did something , no one else could not  have done it ?

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I dont know if they did it, or, if as they claim, it was consensual. I do know if I was a Burmese accused of a crime involving a farang, even if totally innocent, I would be very worried about the outcome.

Consensual with 3 guys?

Would you be so skeptical if female member of your family was at receiving end?

Commenting just for the sake of posting sometimes leaves you with serious case of foot in the mouth disease.

16 hours ago, petermik said:

I am thinking that she might have (with her friend not objecting) decided to try a bit of strange sex activity and  # 1 ,it got of hand and she was forced to do things that she didn' want or ,# 2 She sobered up later and falsely claimed the rape story. I am going with # 1 as her "friend" stood by for all this time. So guys if you see her out later .Stay the fxck away.

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:

What is the logic or rule here, to decide when some culprits (sometimes confirmed, sometimes just accused) are shown with heavily pixelated or completely clear pictures.

Good to see they hid the cuffs. Wouldn't want them prejudged :post-4641-1156693976:

17 hours ago, petermik said:

One possibility is that the BF was paying too much attention to one of the local Ladies and the GF decided to go one step further ?

I have seen it quite often, young felangs with felang (just) GF (not felang wifes) taking a lot of interest in the local ladies and neglecting their GF , she may have been drinking and thought that it was a good idea (at the time) ?

Just now, colinneil said:

Lamkyong, how are on can you post a confused emoji on my post?

You need to get a life mate, if my post is confusing.

Then again it makes a change , you normally post a sad emoji.

You're right, on such a post he should have added a sad emoji

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would be surprised if she agreed to accommodate all 3 of them in a toilet. Just doesn't sound likely.

You're so right. The notion is absolutely absurd. Victim-blaming in a gang rape doesn't impress me at all.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

One possibility is that the BF was paying too much attention to one of the local Ladies and the GF decided to go one step further ?

I have seen it quite often, young felangs with felang (just) GF (not felang wifes) taking a lot of interest in the local ladies and neglecting their GF , she may have been drinking and thought that it was a good idea (at the time) ?

Talk about hypothetical! Maybe he was fascinated by a UFO he saw. 

Archived