Thai Wagyu Beef in Kap Choeng/Surin.

khwaibah

10 minutes ago, CLW said:

Doesn't it get quite hot these days under the low tin roof ceiling or are the cows outside during daytime?

It's cooler under the covers. The wife heard of 18 and soon to be 19 go out every morning about 6 am and stay until about 4 pm in the paddy. BUT do the construction of her LAKE and being one hot %$ ^%$# they are brought in early and given fresh feed and water.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Black Angus bull early this morning. Mom and the kid and the kid is one of the first BA of the project. Interesting is that the mom is from the wife private heard so the bull is 100% hers.

image.png.6ae2f21ea9bbc9c6ab7d85f934c0e9a9.png

His buddy guard in the background.

image.png.6e49c281d9629cf9a177ef8140974863.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2018 at 12:23 PM, khwaibah said:

Update Tomorrow October 4 all  heifers will get another vaccination and ALL will be inseminated with Back Angus by the
Artificial insemination and biological technology research centre Nakorn Rachasima. (Som yua gahn som tiam le technology sapon Nakorn Rachasima). These photos are from Monday.

image.png.0e8b02b5cbe8e54931bc18ad99771529.png

image.png.b663541ef4cecc0aae261255e31346af.png
image.png.f57fa2c0ad18032e340561fcebec578c.png
Ultrasound camera for the heifers.image.png.c635cce30870bb2c6e831df07c5cebff.png

image.png

Hi Khwaibar

With the above service date you should start to have a shed full of calves.

Brahmans tend to hold on to they calves longer than dairy cattle ,but they should be showing signs of calving.  

5 hours ago, kickstart said:

Hi Khwaibar

With the above service date you should start to have a shed full of calves.

Brahmans tend to hold on to they calves longer than dairy cattle ,but they should be showing signs of calving.  

Keeping an eye on that but I have a suspicion that the numbers will be low. The wife personal had a black angus born about 6 weeks back. The photo is 5 days old. She has two more of her heard about 5 months on with red brahman. She says when the next two get horny they will get black angus.???? This is being done by the DLD in Kap Choeng at 500 baht for short time.????

image.png.be79c7916146bcdd553f1a16bf85a7be.png

• Like 1

I can remember at the time saying conception rate will be low ,the heifers being thin ,diet being short of enagey/protein/minerals,  for your program to work with the synchronised breeding program, cattle must be in good condition.

As for your local  DLD serving a cow at 500 baht  a time that is expensive ,our local DLD inseminates charge 80 baht/ farm ,petrol cost for the bike ,semen is free ,same for the dairy semen .

A vet friend of mine can buy Angus and Charolais  semen from a DLD vet for 50 baht/straw(Not really  allowed ,but this is LOS). 

• 2 weeks later...

This project is up to 4 chaff cutters. Napier grass and sweet israel grass. Very little rice straw is used. Wife had about 500 bales last December and she still has over 400. All grasses are chopped up and she adds a supplement. Her project heifers and her personal heifers look serious healthy and Horney.???? Her personal lot has grown with the addition of her Black Angus bull???? This bull is NOT going to market. His work is cut out.????.

image.png.797cfb3bcdbf6a295b5d9fe9642142be.png

image.png.2975cac0b7e9c549b138295bb344586f.png

image.png.ddbb278e2adf53630a58f5a08d0ead3c.png

image.png.39d5401d919a45a4f5a9f94495412e45.png

image.png.4131672d03ca0b69008be458146d9e5a.pngimage.png.935a6e8eb33e50849e470f894114badd.png

image.png.ebef7d75281b72686e233df5fff1ba86.pngimage.png.2506ce4970a1f79d3c3f45fa9943f85b.png

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

How are the cows going KB.

Question,what's the going rate for a bag(kg?) of dry cow manure these days.

The cows are doing great. Heard is up to 3 Black Angus, As for the premium cow pie not a clue on its cost. My wife takes all that the project has and uses it on her projects. As for Wagyu Beef check out SJ Doungjai Farm. They are about 30km north of us just off the 214 highway. This is a local Thia operation and they sure as heck know what they are doing.  

????????????เปิดจำหน่ายทุกวันจ้า ???? สเต็ก/ชาบู/ปิ้งย่าง/ก๋วยเตี๋ยว/ต้มเปื่อย/ผัดๆ/ยำๆ/เนื้อโคขุนไทยวากิว
#ร้านสบายใจไทยวากิวบีฟ
#จากเอสเจดวงใจฟาร์ม
#เนื้อไทยวากิวจากฟาร์มสู่ผู้บริโภคค่ะ
#เนื้อเราเรามีฟาร์มค่ะ

Image may contain: food
Image may contain: indoor
Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor
+26

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

How are the cows going KB.

Question,what's the going rate for a bag(kg?) of dry cow manure these days.

It is not how the cows are doing it should be how are the calve born to the heifers of the project are doing,of the 50 heifers? put to the synchronized breeding program how many calves did you get ,if any.

The members where told they will get a minimum  of 25000 baht ,for cattle by the Wagu beef industry ,as they is no Wagu blood in them ,and your breeding program has used Angus bulls ,how is that going to work out .

Your wife's own cattle are doing well ,what about the rest.

And by now some of the calved cows,if any, should be coming on heat and   being served again ,are you using Angus bulls again this year.

FJ

Price of a bag of manure ,around here farmers are starting to bag up they cow manure,the front of farms along the road side are bags of manure,waiting for a buyer  it is sold to the buyer for about 17-20 baht /bag ,it gets loaded on to a Sip- Law and it goes all over the place ,one TV member in Isaan  said he had some Lopburi cow manure,by the time it gets to you it must be 30-40 baht/bag ?.

One bag must weigh a max of 20kg ,bags being old 30kg pig/poultry/fish food sacks ,smaller than your fertilizer bag 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

FJ

Price of a bag of manure ,around here farmers are starting to bag up they cow manure,the front of farms along the road side are bags of manure,waiting for a buyer  it is sold to the buyer for about 17-20 baht /bag ,it gets loaded on to a Sip- Law and it goes all over the place ,one TV member in Isaan  said he had some Lopburi cow manure,by the time it gets to you it must be 30-40 baht/bag ?.

One bag must weigh a max of 20kg ,bags being old 30kg pig/poultry/fish food sacks ,smaller than your fertilizer bag

Thanks KS,

Trying to do some current day figures on cow manure v chemical fertilizer applications to see how it would work out in a input budget for a corn crop next year.

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Thanks KS,

Trying to do some current day figures on cow manure v chemical fertilizer applications to see how it would work out in a input budget for a corn crop next year.

They would be very interesting numbers. I made up pelletised fertiliser using our pig manure compost and rock phosphate, dolomite etc.. and used it one year on our rice crop. Reasonable yield but lacked science on content. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

We visited Colin's farm in Yasothon province yesterday. We were very impressed. A lovely herd of Wagyu cross Brahman cattle. Very quiet. No need for ropes through their noses. They just follow one around in the fields. Colin grazes the cattle during the day on Mulato II Ubon stylo mixed pastures. A good grass legume balance. He also has pure Mulato II fields which he cuts at every 35 days for green forage or for hay (dry season). Cuts when the grass is no higher than knee height.

Yasothon July 2020 Wagyu X Brahman cows and calves grazing Mulato II Ubon stylo mix pasture2 (1).jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Wagyu X Brahman Heifers grazing Mulato II Ubon stylo mix pasture.jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Mulato II Ubon stylo mixed sward.jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Mulato II field 14 days after cutting.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

We visited Colin's farm in Yasothon province yesterday. We were very impressed. A lovely herd of Wagyu cross Brahman cattle. Very quiet. No need for ropes through their noses. They just follow one around in the fields. Colin grazes the cattle during the day on Mulato II Ubon stylo mixed pastures. A good grass legume balance. He also has pure Mulato II fields which he cuts at every 35 days for green forage or for hay (dry season). Cuts when the grass is no higher than knee height.

Yasothon July 2020 Wagyu X Brahman cows and calves grazing Mulato II Ubon stylo mix pasture2 (1).jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Wagyu X Brahman Heifers grazing Mulato II Ubon stylo mix pasture.jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Mulato II Ubon stylo mixed sward.jpg

Yasothon July 2020 Mulato II field 14 days after cutting.jpg

Very nice looking and wish them the best. We just go up the highway a short distance to SJ Doungai Farm. 100% Thai owned and operated.

????????????ทำได้แค่นี้ก็พอใจแล้วค่ะ????????????

No photo description available.
Image may contain: outdoor
+6

12 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Very nice looking and wish them the best. We just go up the highway a short distance to SJ Doungai Farm. 100% Thai owned and operated.

????????????ทำได้แค่นี้ก็พอใจแล้วค่ะ????????????

No photo description available.
+6

Nice to see. But the cows have ropes through their noses and are inside. If the cows are treated well and talked gently to every day, there is no need for nose ropes. Do the cows ever get outside and graze on pastures?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, khwaibah said:

This guy puts your guy to shame. Yours need feeding.????

image.png.3027d87e7382afbf3fb5559205afd668.png

Sure, but your guy is a bull! Why show me a bull when my photos show cows and their calves in one herd and heifers in the other herd. No males at all. I didn't take any photos of the bulls as they were in the yards eating dry feed. I came to inspect the pastures. I did see the bulls and they were all just as good as the one in your photo but no nose rope. Not needed as they are very quiet and gentle. 

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:16 PM, Michael Hare said:

The DLD in Thailand just seems to go on promoting these two very low quality grasses,  Napier grass and sweet israel grass. Before the cows will it they have to be chopped through the chaff cutters. DLD refuses to promote the guinea grasses and Mulato II hybrid brachiaria. Today at my company, we just finishing cleaning a wonderful new succulent guinea grass which I have named Mun River guinea grass after the Mun river that flows through Ubon. We also this week, moved into our new seed store

Do you know what is the proper name for "sweet Israel grass"? What species is it and does it have a variety name that is used internationally? To me, it looks like a variety of napier grass with a different growth habit.  

Is seed of Mun River guinea grass available these days?

Hello Jungle biker. Mun River seed will be available in January 2021. Sweet Israel grass does indeed have a scientific name. Pennisetun purpureum cv. Mahasarakham. A dwarf napier cultivar. What a con. Pack of crooks are the guys that promote this rubbish. They should go to jail.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

Hello Jungle biker. Mun River seed will be available in January 2021. Sweet Israel grass does indeed have a scientific name. Pennisetun purpureum cv. Mahasarakham. A dwarf napier cultivar. What a con. Pack of crooks are the guys that promote this rubbish. They should go to jail.

You should be careful making comments like that, are you not aware of the less majest laws here?

Think about the first person who was promoting Sweet Israel here.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 6:47 PM, khwaibah said:

Thanks for your insight. My wife bought hers out of Kalasin. My research is showing me that the Israeli Agriculture Ministry was invited by the Thai Embassy from Tel Aviv for a visit to Thailand in 2012 and that visit was to the isaan area and this is pretty much where the sweet israeli grass was brought in. 

For Colinneil how  Dwarf Nappier came to  in Thailand.

• Like 1

I am a huge and devoted fan of # 9. Anyone who has lived here for a while will know how hard it is to convince "poor" farmers to change anything they do. To succeed takes time, finance to make it happen, then successful demonstration within the limited budget of those who may benefit longer term. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

I am a huge and devoted fan of # 9. Anyone who has lived here for a while will know how hard it is to convince "poor" farmers to change anything they do. To succeed takes time, finance to make it happen, then successful demonstration within the limited budget of those who may benefit longer term. 

Makro finest ground beef mince. Snack today about 12 noon Wife dropped me off as she went to TOPS Market to resupply her veggie stall. I only had two with chips and drink.

image.png.ad67cff07dc07e6d86dd312fd70d5501.png

image.png.695f14dac98c22525fbfcf97eed68ee5.png

• Haha 1