Gerrard to Rangers?

Jockstar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will certainly be a challenge. Maybe a little early in his managerial career for such a big task.....and I don't altogether trust them as to keep any promises regarding funding for new players. Are they even solvent yet?

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Will certainly be a challenge. Maybe a little early in his managerial career for such a big task.....and I don't altogether trust them as to keep any promises regarding funding for new players. Are they even solvent yet?

I have it from a reliable source. There are investors just waiting for the right time. This could be it.

On 29/04/2018 at 1:41 PM, mrbojangles said:

Rangers shouldn't be used as a nursery to teach up and coming managers. The position they are now in requires an experienced manager IMO

You’re probably right mate. However this could be a master stroke. Only time will tell. But let’s say we went for an experienced manager. Who? We really need to get rid of some of the dead wood. 

To be honest when I saw SG name mentioned I wasn’t keen on it as I like you was expecting a manager who had been around for a while. But it’s growing on me. I think whoever comes in has their work cut for them.

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Murty sacked.

Just in case you thought there was an actual vacancy -  there is now.

Jimmy Nicholl (ex Man Utd) and Jonatan Johansson (ex Charlton) will be caretakers till the end of the season.

Rhian Brewster, 17 yr old Liverpool wonderkid, is being lined up for a loan move to Rangers; subject to SGs appointment presumably. Will Rangers become Liverpool's feeder club / proving ground?

Brendan Rodgers says Murty has been disrespected and "thrown to the garbage". Not wrong.

Apropos of nothing, is it just a coincidence that Stevie G is linked with the Rangers job and Buvac departs the scene?

1 hour ago, champers said:

Just in case you thought there was an actual vacancy -  there is now.

Jimmy Nicholl (ex Man Utd) and Jonatan Johansson (ex Charlton) will be caretakers till the end of the season.

Rhian Brewster, 17 yr old Liverpool wonderkid, is being lined up for a loan move to Rangers; subject to SGs appointment presumably. Will Rangers become Liverpool's feeder club / proving ground?

Brendan Rodgers says Murty has been disrespected and "thrown to the garbage". Not wrong.

Apropos of nothing, is it just a coincidence that Stevie G is linked with the Rangers job and Buvac departs the scene?

I read Brewster to Celtic

Buvac to Arsenal ?

Will the convict owner Dave King provide Stevie G with funds to invest, or talk <deleted> again?

I've always liked Stevie G, but reviving the semi-bankrupt Sevco FC seems beyond any novice manager's capabilities. Only complacency and boredom can stop Celtic from sleepwalking to more trophies.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Celtic have plenty of cash to spare and only buy just enough to keep far enough ahead to win everything.

Don't see that changing any time soon.

Maye not next season. But it is going to happen. :smile::whistling:

42 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They're never going understand that orrible nasally scouse accent.

Who Ranger's going to employ to be his translator then?

I doubt any Gers fan actually gives a fukc.....You really are a strange little man.:cheesy:

Steven Gerrard:

“These players will know very quickly what myself and my staff are about – and what we demand.

“A lot of them will already know the demands of the club. But it’s very important, from the off, that they buy into what I’m trying to do here. And there are lots of areas where we need to improve.

“Can I change a player’s mentality? I’ll try. But I need players who are willing to adapt, players who are going to believe in what we’re doing.

“I’ve been around footballers for a long time. I’ll work out very quickly who fancies this challenge and who wants to come with me.

“If there’s people who don’t fancy it and want to be somewhere else, good luck to them.

“If you’re not a hungry footballer, you shouldn’t be at Rangers Football Club. It’s as simple as that.

“I want a team that’s full of fight and passion.

“I want players that are prepared to empty the tank, ones who are confident and can handle pressure.

“I’ll assess them. Whether it’s a session, a day, a week or a month, I’ll work it out as quickly as I can. I want a squad of players who are focused on the future, not the past.

“I want players who want to be with me on this journey.

“Players who want to go and take the challenge to everyone in this league – and are willing to give it everything they’ve got.

“That’s the simple message to them. And I’ll work out those people very quickly.”

Next season can't come quick enough. 

On 5/5/2018 at 3:15 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

They're never going understand that orrible nasally scouse accent.

Who Ranger's going to employ to be his translator then?

This is one of the most thoughtless and brainless posts I've ever read on here.

Apologise and meet me in Glasgow for a proper session and to be honest from a supposed northeter you really should know better.

Shandy son?

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This is one of the most thoughtless and brainless posts I've ever read on here.

Apologise and meet me in Glasgow for a proper session and to be honest from a supposed northeter you really should know better.

Shandy son?

Well I did work on it for a long time you know :sleep:

can't help thinking this is a very bad decision by gerrard. should probably have started his management career somewhere a bit smaller with lower expectation levels among the fans. 

18 minutes ago, StevieH said:

can't help thinking this is a very bad decision by gerrard. should probably have started his management career somewhere a bit smaller with lower expectation levels among the fans. 

Oh the expectation amongst Rangers fans has never been lower.

The trouble is they need money to be able to compete with Celtic and no sign of that as yet...but the gap has become less it must be said.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The trouble is they need money to be able to compete with Celtic and no sign of that as yet...but the gap has become less it must be said.

not sure that expectation will last for long though man. heard on the second captains podcast that the average wage at rangers is currently 320k quid a year, which doesn't seem likely to attract many decent players really, while rangers fans will be hoping that gerrard can etc.

Interesting to hear Rangers Chairman talking during the week, Celtic this-Celtic that. He really needs to get his own house in order and stop focusing on Celtic.

SG is a bold appointment, but he has a big task on his hands. Firstly, he has a lot of high earning deadbeats on the books that nobody will take. They will have to be moved on. He should be able to attract some promising talent from England, youngsters who cannot get a game with a big club down south. 

But he will need money to sign some seasoned pros. And where is that money going to come from? Maybe there are some investors waiting to invest and SG is the green light for that investment. He has a mighty task in front of him. And a string of poor results could see him being run out of town and that would have long lasting impact on his managerial career.

On 5/12/2018 at 1:09 AM, hackjam said:

Interesting to hear Rangers Chairman talking during the week, Celtic this-Celtic that. He really needs to get his own house in order and stop focusing on Celtic.

SG is a bold appointment, but he has a big task on his hands. Firstly, he has a lot of high earning deadbeats on the books that nobody will take. They will have to be moved on. He should be able to attract some promising talent from England, youngsters who cannot get a game with a big club down south. 

But he will need money to sign some seasoned pros. And where is that money going to come from? Maybe there are some investors waiting to invest and SG is the green light for that investment. He has a mighty task in front of him. And a string of poor results could see him being run out of town and that would have long lasting impact on his managerial career.

All fair points HJ. Only time will tell though.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

5-0.

The gap is growing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived