Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 March 2019 18:31
Barley

Prepaid SIM card validity

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

 

 

Gosh you don't catch on quick....

 

For the third time;

 

 

This would include the free Tourist SIMs that used to be handed out as you left the airbridge of certain Middle Eastern airlines.

 

These differed from the 'paid for' Tourist SIM in that they charged 1.5 baht for International calls(to UK landlines for example), as opposed to 1 baht.

 

The 90 day restriction is a more recent policy, which is why we haven't seen posts complaining about such a restriction in the past.

 

So don't assume that just because your SIM can be extended, that all others  can do the same.

 

As to you only being able to utilise *934*30# to extend, I'll hold off explaining why to save you from embarrassment.

 

 

 

 

 

lol you really are stupid. So my lads tourist Sim from True collected at Survanabhumbi in 2016 for his iphone was advanced to 2017 to allow him to use it 11 months later and in summer of 2017 advanced again to summer 2018. Now what is it you cant grasp here ??

You CAN ADVANCE A TRUE SIM FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR.....go and read any of the proper forums dedicated to true. Right just for you and for the last time use the 1 month 2 baht option to advance it 1 month at a time rather than 6 months at a time at 12 baht which you claim doesnt work (not that I have seen anyone else claim the same)

Out......

 

Edited to add if you are so bent out of shape over true go and use dtac or ais which have similar 1 year advancements. The long winter nights must just fly by

Edited by Chivas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chivas said:

So my lads tourist Sim from True collected at Survanabhumbi in 2016 for his iphone was advanced to 2017 to allow him to use it 11 months later and in summer of 2017 advanced again to summer 2018. Now what is it you cant grasp here ??

You CAN ADVANCE A TRUE SIM FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR.....go and read any of the proper forums dedicated to true. Right just for you and for the last time use the 1 month 2 baht option to advance it 1 month at a time rather than 6 months at a time at 12 baht which you claim doesnt work (not that I have seen anyone else claim the same)

Out......

 

Edited to add if you are so bent out of shape over true go and use dtac or ais which have similar 1 year advancements. The long winter nights must just fly by

 

I just showed you and proved that my Tourist Inter SIM from 2016 doesn't advance beyond 90 days.

I used exactly the method that you prescribed, which is why you can see 2.14 Baht missing from my balance.

At no point have I suggested that the 6 month 12.84 baht addition doesn't work for anyone. 

Yet in your post you have suggested that I have. Show me where.

 

Now you've just come up with some story about "your lad's SIM".

Show the SIM and the evidence, instead of coming up with your usual 'anecdotes'.

Like your insistence that a certain Middle Eastern airline only allowed hold luggage of a maximum of 15kgs per piece.

You argued until you were blue in the face and then proceeded to blame others until your were proved wrong.

I've seen other examples from you over the years.

 

Now here we have your totally stupid advice to add a month at a time.

No! If the SIM can advance for a year, there is no need to add a month at at time using *934*30#

You can equally utilise *934*90# & *934*180# for 90 and 180 days respectively.

If it's a 90 day SIM, then 90 days is as far as it will go. Yours is no smart hack. 

You seem too thick to realise that some SIMs just have that 90 day advance validity period.

 

You seem to be just one of those people who will make up stories to save face on a forum.

Your nonsense statement of my SIM not advancing beyond 90 days "because it doesn't like you" seems volumes about your level of maturity.

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

So in 2017 you were telling us that your SIM doesn't advance beyond 90 days and here you are telling us that you've had the same SIM since 2013 and you have always been able to extend it to twelve months.

In this very thread you are claiming that you've been using the 30 day advancement method for "several years".

How can that be if you were telling us last year that your SIM went no further than 90 days?

 

Get your story straight before you put it in writing.

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 6:17 PM, phetphet said:

Of course, if you have a Thai bank account, and internet banking, you can always top-up online if you are out of the country for any length of time. So if you topped up say one month before it is due to expire, it should extend it another year.

 

 

Western owned and operated MobileTopup.com has been one of the quickest and easiest ways if you have a Credit / Debit card.   Also you can now get validity amounts of 90, 180 and 360 days for any True Move, DTAC or AIS sim online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

Also you can now get validity amounts of 90, 180 and 360 days for any True Move, DTAC or AIS sim online. 

 

It's a good service if you want to extend without hassle.

 

Otherwise for the 6 months validity they have a 49Tbh surcharge which one can save by doing six 10 or 20 Tbh top ups oneself.

 

They also can only extend up to the natural 360 day from purchase life limit of a prepaid Sim card.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 2:51 PM, mihalis said:

I have had my sim for 4 years, last time used was December 2017, never had an issue with it not working 

Who is your service provider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Barley said:

Otherwise for the 6 months validity they have a 49Tbh surcharge which one can save by doing six 10 or 20 Tbh top ups oneself.

 

True - for 6 months you're paying 16.9 Baht for 10 Baht of topup.  If you go to the Boonterm machines seems you're paying 12 or 13 Baht for the same. Total 72  Baht or more.  So seems the additional 27 Baht is for the convenience.  Might be worth it for some, especially if you're not in Thailand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Jdietz said:

AIS seems to be the odd one out, but there you go:

 

Source: http://help.mobiletopup.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-extend-the-expiry-date-validity-of-my-sim/

 

How do I extend the expiry date validity of my SIM?

  • Check your Validity

To check your date of expiry you can use these USSD codes:

  • AIS –  *121#
  • DTAC – *101*9#
  • True – #123#

Extend your SIM’s validity

To extend your validity:

  • AIS
    • Add 10 Baht credit for 30 Days Validity
    • Alternative method: Dial *500*9#  Add 30 days validity for 30 THB via Mao Mao package
  • DTAC  –  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.
    • Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
    • Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension.  Cost 4 Baht
    • Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
    • Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht
    • Conditions: Must activate SIM for at least 90 days or have usage of 200 THB.
  • TrueMove H –  “Quick Add” Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month
    • Press : * 934 * 30 # for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
    • Press : * 934 * 90 # for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
    • Press : * 934 * 180 # for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht
    •  

 

True cannot be extended for more than 3 months.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 3:57 PM, cookai said:

 

Western owned and operated MobileTopup.com has been one of the quickest and easiest ways if you have a Credit / Debit card.   Also you can now get validity amounts of 90, 180 and 360 days for any True Move, DTAC or AIS sim online. 

 

I tried all possible ways, from orange Boonterm machines to online, and it is NOT possible to extend true sim cards for more than 3 months.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 12:36 AM, gaff said:

 

I tried all possible ways, from orange Boonterm machines to online, and it is NOT possible to extend true sim cards for more than 3 months.

 

 

Are you trying to extend the True tourist card?  If so, this might be why.  Otherwise any local SIM from True, DTAC or AIS can have 1 year maximum validity.   If you have a tourist card, suggest you call the call center and see if they can convert your package to a local package. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 6:36 PM, gaff said:

 

I tried all possible ways, from orange Boonterm machines to online, and it is NOT possible to extend true sim cards for more than 3 months.

 

 

you are doing something wrong then.....i have one of these tourist sims from 2013 and it extends up to 12 months like all the rest. In march i extended it to till october

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I can also confirm that no true sim card can be extended for more than 3 months at 7/11 Boonterm machine, this is a fact.

If anybody has been able to extend validity for more than 3 months, it could only be because you topup a lot of money, and still, I am not sure that you will be able to extend for more than 3 months, at least not at 711 machines, for any amount you will topup.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, goegoe said:

Hi, I can also confirm that no true sim card can be extended for more than 3 months at 7/11 Boonterm machine, this is a fact.

If anybody has been able to extend validity for more than 3 months, it could only be because you topup a lot of money, and still, I am not sure that you will be able to extend for more than 3 months, at least not at 711 machines, for any amount you will topup.

 

 

The NBTC passed this rule a fews years back, with a goal of simplifying the confusing validity plans, that ALL Thai SIMs ( at least for the domestic market) should at minimum give 30 days of validity for a topup of any value.  

There one case, where User A sends from their balance to User B, where no validity is extended.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, goegoe said:

Hi, I can also confirm that no true sim card can be extended for more than 3 months at 7/11 Boonterm machine, this is a fact.

If anybody has been able to extend validity for more than 3 months, it could only be because you topup a lot of money, and still, I am not sure that you will be able to extend for more than 3 months, at least not at 711 machines, for any amount you will topup.

 

 

 

Ok, so after speaking with the True Move Call center - True Move Tourist SIMs can NOT be extended more than 90 days. 

 

However - you can request to change from your "Tourist SIM" package to one of the local monthly package by dialing *9305 .  Once you you have switched your package to a local one, your SIM should follow the rules of a local True Move SIM. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, Chivas said:

you are doing something wrong t

On 7/24/2018 at 8:15 AM, Chivas said:

you are doing something wrong then.....i have one of these tourist sims from 2013 and it extends up to 12 months like all the rest. In march i extended it to till october

hen.....i have one of these tourist sims from 2013 and it extends up to 12 months like all the rest. In march i extended it to till october

 

Don't you remember that you got busted for lying on this very thread, on this very page?

Why do you feel the need?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...