Driving from Pattaya to Satun via Cha Am, Hua Hin & using routes 4,404 etc

I wasn't quite sure where to post this particular question as it includes quite a few different forums such as Cha Am, Hua Hin, Krabi, Phuket and Southern Thailand.

Later this year myself and the Mrs will embark on our final Thai road trip, we will have then driven all points North, South, East & West, I know the distance from point A to point B is about 1200 kms, I have a couple of questions which hopefully members familiar with the various areas along the entire route will be able to answer for me.

Firstly, I would be grateful for all & any places of interest along the entire route.

Secondly, recommendations for clean comfortable accommodation along the entire route, preferably that you have personal experience of.

Thirdly, I am very hesitant on going anywhere near places such as Pattani, Yala etc for obvious security reasons, I want to enjoy myself, not keep looking over my shoulder, been there done that when I was a lot younger in another life. However, feedback from guys n gals living in those areas advising any different would be more than welcome.

The plan will be to drive down the West coast to Satun which is close to the border with Malaysia then on the return leg come up the East coast from Songkhla and follow the coastal road.

After all I have read and heard about some of the islands we will be giving them a big miss, all we really want to do is enjoy the Andaman Sea coast and everything that the region can surprise us with.

I hope that this is not too big an ask of you all, and thank you in advance for any advice and assistance you can provide :jap:  :thumbsup:

stop in Chumphon, After Krabi, take a small detour for the night and visit Koh Lanta, Than back to the main road and on to Satun.

Is it ur car? if so take ur blue book and after Satun, head to Wang Prachun border, cross over to Malaysia and drive across and reenter at Betong,  -Yalla, (one of the most scenic drives in Thailand) and than head over to the east coast, you dont need look over your shoulder... Pattani-Songkhla.Khanom..You will love it, friendly people,great food, lots to see.

3 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Is it ur car? if so take ur blue book and after Satun, head to Wang Prachun border, cross over to Malaysia and drive across and reenter at Betong,  -Yalla,

With a Re-entry Permit.

Win :smile:

Archived