Another shark attack in Hua Hin: Korean man was swimming despite warning signs

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Read a comment somewhere recently about skiing vs. water sports.

If people were told there were unseen monsters with big teeth lurking underneath the snow, and one might, at any time, bite them or possibly drag them down under the snow, possibly never to be seen again, how many would go skiing? 

I think This is what you thinking of

And people diving with sharks even feeds them 

And swim with Crocs. 

Full story here: https://www.unilad.co.uk/video/incredible-footage-shows-bikini-model-swimming-up-close-with-crocodiles/

BTW an amazing woman

Just now, Hummin said:

I think This is what you thinking of

And people diving with sharks even feeds them 

And swim with Crocs. 

Full story here: https://www.unilad.co.uk/video/incredible-footage-shows-bikini-model-swimming-up-close-with-crocodiles/

BTW an amazing woman

No,  I was thinking of something I read or saw elsewhere on the internet because it amused me.   Bit like asking kids (and some adults even) if they like to eat "dead" chickens.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Still doesn't stop people swimming, surfing, spear fishing, diving etc etc...  Apart from the deceased !!

theres a belief among native hawaiians that sharks are their ancestors reincarnated.  some of them will stay in the water surfing even with shark(s) present or exit if it is a tiger or a white.

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

No,  I was thinking of something I read or saw elsewhere on the internet because it amused me.   Bit like asking kids (and some adults even) if they like to eat "dead" chickens.

Somehow people like the risk, and thats why I posted the avalance video. They know it is on the limit, but they still do it. Many people die every year, even they know it can happen, and alot more than sharks kill people. Around 150 people on average to have a specific number, and 5 people die from sharks every year. 

Anyway, two shark attacks in one bay in two weeks, is alot, and should be investigated. It is not normal, and the reason I think, is feeding. Some people is feeding the sharks there, and the Bull sharks see every human as a treath to their habity if so is true. 

Still I found it unlikely with only 19 stitches and the other one not even go go hospital. 

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Signs don't include Korean or Russian warnings. I suggest taking some of the inactive cops and plop their  backsides down along the beach to keep an eye on things. Give incentive by allowing cops to pop off a few rounds if they see a shark.

Pop off a few rounds at the sharks or the tourists heading for the water?  :smile:

Just now, Hummin said:

Somehow people like the risk, and thats why I posted the avalance video. They know it is on the limit, but they still do it. Many people die every year, even they know it can happen, and alot more than sharks kill people. Around 150 people on average to have a specific number, and 5 people die from sharks every year. 

Anyway, two shark attacks in one bay in two weeks, is alot, and should be investigated. It is not normal, and the reason I think, is feeding. Some people is feeding the sharks there, and the Bull sharks see every human as a treath to their habity if so is true. 

Still I found it unlikely with only 19 stitches and the other one not even go go hospital. 

Yes, I knew what you meant.  I think you missed or misinterpreted mine. 

6 hours ago, atyclb said:

this is example of  normal appropriate sign 

shark sign.gif

Exactly. Nothing in the sign posted to indicate why, someone might think it was just a standard "no lifeguard present" sort of  warning.

Though I think I'd opt for more obvious shark images with teeth barred for the benefit of non-English speaks who might not recognize the word "shark". The fish in this sign look too harmless.

2 hours ago, leither69 said:

Problem is A shark might bite you

Seems a good enough reason to avoid swimming in my book!!

Very true... 

Also, a car might hit you, a bird might poke your eye out with its beak, you might get an electric shock off a kettle, that shower is slippery, meteorite incoming !!

You see where I'm going there ?

Because of all the different nationalities and languages I think pictures would be the only way they would understand so maybe a sign with a swimmer inside a red circle with a red bar diagonally through the circle plus a shark with a person in its mouth might just get through to people

Well I doubted that it was another shark bite and it transpires that a Korean woman hurt her ankle while swimming on the beach in front of her hotel.  It wasn't even Had Sai Noi. It was Bo Keaw beach and she received one stitch.

Fake News!

the latest no swimming sign writes and warns of shark but in thai language, not english. again, people may simply think there are no lifeguards at the beach and swim anyway.

at beaches known for sharks they typically reopen once it is confirmed the shark has left.

shark sign hua hin.jpg

On 5/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, Get Real said:

Or is it only you that are in the big need of specially designed signs to understand that there is a reason for the varning?

It just like the movie. Ya gotta keep the beaches open. Think of all the business!

Archived