Straight men have a lot of gay sex, study shows

Scott

This is now a discussion about the definition of gay, straight, bi. Is it important to define it?

I know gay guys who are mistaken for being straight, and straight guys who are thought to be gay, and guess what: They don't mind. It doesn't matter. As long as anybody is happy with what he is doing, and is not trying to tell the other guys that he is doing something wrong or bad, or even trying to change him, it is irrelevant.

Academics introduced the term MSM because it is difficult if not impossible to agree on what constitutes gay, bi, straight. I kind of like that because it's factual and does not require putting people into categories.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

Academics introduced the term MSM because it is difficult if not impossible to agree on what constitutes gay, bi, straight. I kind of like that because it's factual and does not require putting people into categories.

Gay, person who exclusively want sex with the same gender.

Hetero, person who exclusively wants sex with the opposite gender.

Bi, person who takes it where they can get it.

Absolutely easy to define ......... unless you have an agenda (or fantasy) to push.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Gay, person who exclusively want sex with the same gender.

Hetero, person who exclusively wants sex with the opposite gender.

Bi, person who takes it where they can get it.

Absolutely easy to define ......... unless you have an agenda (or fantasy) to push.

That's your definition. The world isn't that simple, I'm afraid; as other people have other definitions. Which you have already seen in this thread.

6 minutes ago, onthemoon said:

That's your definition. The world isn't that simple, I'm afraid; as other people have other definitions. Which you have already seen in this thread.

While you could, theoretically, define an alligator as a sofa, I would challenge you to recline on it. 

10 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

While you could, theoretically, define an alligator as a sofa, I would challenge you to recline on it. 

No, this metaphor doesn't work. However, what you say makes sense but what others say also makes sense. 

A man who has had sex with a man once (and maybe didn't like it so much that he would do it again, or maybe he was drunk, or maybe he was in jail) is not gay. Very much like a man who has had sex with a woman once but notes that he does prefer men and does not want to repeat his experience is not straight.

The world is not black & white, I'm afraid.

39 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

Is the alligator stuffed?

Given the nature of this thread I couldn't resist. 

Not sure how the "straighter than straight" guys can come to terms with the fact that they have , at some time in Thailand, found a lady-boy sexually attractive, and not even been aware of it.

At some point, gay or not, we have all looked at, desired sexually, been attracted to a beautiful sexy woman who is in fact a man.

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure how the "straighter than straight" guys can come to terms with the fact that they have , at some time in Thailand, found a lady-boy sexually attractive, and not even been aware of it.

At some point, gay or not, we have all looked at, desired sexually, been attracted to a beautiful sexy woman who is in fact a man.

I would say that if you thought a ladyboy was actually a woman, then finding her attractive would be exactly the same as finding any woman attractive.

Therefore, it's a pointless comment...

If you knew a ladyboy was actually a ladyboy but still found them sexually attractive, that is a completely different scenario..

If you were gay, then I wouldn't think you would be attracted to ladyboys ??

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

It's the definition in the dictionary.

You may want it to be different, and you may want there to be more that 2 sexes, but there aren't, it's just a fantasy.

I'm OK with gay people, I can have a laugh and a joke with a ladyboy in a bar, but I don't want to have sex with them, cos I'm hetero.

I also understand the ladyboy fantasy of having sex with a hetero guy, but it's only their fantasy, not mine.

But this insistence that everyone wants to do everything to everyone just pisses us straight guys off and makes us less tolerant of gays.

I ain't insisting you are all hetero, you do what you want, but don't try to tell me what I am.

As for ladyboys, most of them are obviously guys, but if I were fooled and fancied one, that wouldn't make me gay unless I still wanted sex with them after noticing they had a penis.

1 hour ago, onthemoon said:

No, this metaphor doesn't work. However, what you say makes sense but what others say also makes sense. 

A man who has had sex with a man once (and maybe didn't like it so much that he would do it again, or maybe he was drunk, or maybe he was in jail) is not gay. Very much like a man who has had sex with a woman once but notes that he does prefer men and does not want to repeat his experience is not straight.

It’s not a metaphor. A point is being made about arbitrary definitions. 

4 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

And there is the answer.... Gone are the days of straight/gay, black/white etc etc

These days there are a myriad of colours and genders...

It's a pretty world :partytime2:

19 hours ago, Songlaw said:

I have been as open to new and interesting experiences as is humanly possible throughout my life, but as far as I can determine, this is a physiological barrier that cannot be overridden by a neurotypically-wired, heterosexual male. 

Don’t want to have sex with guys? Great. Don’t. You might choose pistachio ice cream over strawberry. Absolutely up to you. And about as interesting a choice to well-adjusted others.

But your aversion to male-male sexuality is not a hard-wired feature of your brain.

It’s cultural and social conditioning. “Normal” men in cultures outside the Judeo/Christian/Muslim sphere generally  do not share your distaste. They may not be interested in gay sex, but there’s no revulsion or disgust. We might look at pre-Christian Greece, Persia and Japan, for example, or some modern Polynesian cultures to see a completely different set of social norms that do not include anti-homophilic sentiments. 

1 hour ago, midzo said:

Don’t want to have sex with guys? Great. Don’t. You might choose pistachio ice cream over strawberry. Absolutely up to you. And about as interesting a choice to well-adjusted others.

But your aversion to male-male sexuality is not a hard-wired feature of your brain.

It’s cultural and social conditioning. “Normal” men in cultures outside the Judeo/Christian/Muslim sphere generally  do not share your distaste. They may not be interested in gay sex, but there’s no revulsion or disgust. We might look at pre-Christian Greece, Persia and Japan, for example, or some modern Polynesian cultures to see a completely different set of social norms that do not include anti-homophilic sentiments. 

Who said anything about revulsion or disgust?

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

It's the definition in the dictionary.

You may want it to be different, and you may want there to be more that 2 sexes, but there aren't, it's just a fantasy.

<snipped>

You may wish to be defined by a dictionary; others may not.  

And just to throw a spanner in the works:

image.png

12 hours ago, Captor said:

Are there any muslims in the survey? The muslims all had sexual relations with other guys before they marry a woman their parents or family have chose. They all have had a sexual relation before marry due to religion.I would say 95-100%. I have been in the middle east for some time during my military service so I know it is true.

Was it painful?:sorry:

5 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Um...you're new here, aren't you? Learn who's who and what's what before you open your big <deleted> mouth.

are you saying light hearted remarks on an entertaining topic is forbidden?

15 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I fail to understand what you`re ranting on about.

It`s not a theory, this is fact. If a person, male or female like to dabble with both sexes, than that makes him/her bi. 

Men that go with pre-op ladyboys and still claim to be heterosexual are living a miscomprehension. They try to convince themselves and others that if going with a guy that dresses like a woman and tries to act like a woman, is a woman. Sorry, but this is not the case, in-fact what they`re trying to do is cover up their gayness with pretence. There is no logic in your argument.

once you try small to medium sized farm animals you will never go back

On 5/1/2018 at 3:05 PM, Krataiboy said:

Nothing particularly revelationary about this Pink piece. Numerous surveys have shown that many, if not most, men who identify as heterosexual have a sexual experience with another man at some time in their lives. The same goes for women, only more so.

Such activity is hardly surprising. How else can an individual discover where they stand on the spectrum of human sexual activity, with all that implies in terms of having lasting, committed relationships?

The author of one of the studies cited the Pink article, Ritch C. Savin-Williams, has written extensively in support of his conviction that nobody is one hundred percent heterosexual, including this fascinating Time magazine article:

http://time.com/5026092/mostly-straight-sexual-identity-bisexual-gay/

Thats total, Bolox, speaking for yourself here, me thinks.  

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're obsessed with labeling other people. What's most important is how people identify themselves. There are people that are truly bisexual, they usually know that themselves, but not everyone that has had sex sometime in their lives with both sexes is bisexual. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

There are times where it's important to know about genders of sex partners regardless of labeling. Such as the category MSM (Men that have sex with men). This is something medical professionals are concerned about because there are specific health risks with that. But just being a MSM in a recent time frame doesn't mean the person either is gay or bi or identifies as gay or bi for life. For examples, prison environments, gay for pay, short term fluidity, etc.

Pass me the Sick Bucket !   :sick:

6 hours ago, steven2018 said:

We have emerged into multi-sexual beings. As our races becomes more globally homogeneous, our sexual encounters become more diverse. Sort of like the 1960s drug movement, it is now an expressive movement of sex.

Thank you , Julian Clary.  :giggle:

Archived