Russian Tourist Reported Missing On Koh Samui

snoop1130

Russian Tourist Reported Missing On Koh Samui

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

QlPIc98w8Gc-cropped-696x505.jpg

Image: Ekaterina Belkovskaya / vk.com

SURAT THANI — A Russian tourist with memory loss is reportedly missing from her family on the island of Samui.

Inna Obukhova, 39, was last seen at Centra Coconut Resort Samui on April 21, a receptionist at the hotel said Tuesday. She’s said to be suffering from amnesia and could not speak any English.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/05/01/russian-tourist-reported-missing-on-koh-samui/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-1-1

April 21 st ,she went missing,hope they have found her by now,

if not it does not bode well for her.on reading the full article the

Police don't seem very worried about her.

regards worgeordie

The reporting of news from the Gulf of Thailand is often seriously delayed or completely overlooked.

Inna Obukhova disappeared on 21 April  and it took nearly ten days for the story to appear in Khaosod English. The family has been trying to generate awareness on Facebook and by distributing pamphlets but the Samui Police do not appear to have sought help from the media or public.

Do the police prefer to keep another disappearance from the public eye?

It took over 2 weeks for news to break over the disappearance of Valentina Novozhenova on Koh Tao. It took 2 months for the news of Elise Dallemagne’s death on Koh Tao to break.

Is there a pattern here? 

what bothers me about this missing girl is that the authorities are trying to say she was mentally vulnerable in some way and even if she was what (deleted) difference does it make, I wonder if her parents know exactly what is being said about her in the press, people do not just disappear ….. except in Thailand it seems.

We are still waiting for another Russian girl to turn up that went missing on Koh Tao - oh she had a diving accident ……………………………… I would put money on it she is buried in a deep hole somewhere on Koh Tao and the hole was dug with a hoe...……………..people don't just vanish like that without a trace

and I will add this, not all missing or abused are reported IMO, there is stuff goes on in that region of Thailand that goes unreported  

Some guys playing a guitar on the beach did not beat Hannah Witheridge to a pulp - that was all on a level of evil revenge and hate, yes I'll put my guitar down and cave this young girls head in, sorry but any criminal profiler or homicide investigator knows exactly what an attack like that means, it was personal...…………………...and yes not specifically the subject of this topic but similar

I hope she turns up 

3 hours ago, PS2 said:

Oh my god, koh tao conspiracy comes in at post #3 and #4. 

She's 39, family is probably husband. 

Maybe need some time off. 

conspiracy ? the fact is people are dead raped or missing on Koh Tao.....that is a fact

3 hours ago, PS2 said:

Oh my god, koh tao conspiracy comes in at post #3 and #4. 

She's 39, family is probably husband. 

Maybe need some time off. 

Why didn´t I think about that? Well then, not to worry. According to a trusted poster onTVF, she just tired of her husband.

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Why didn´t I think about that? Well then, not to worry. According to a trusted poster onTVF, she just tired of her husband.

well that is great news, can you elaborate

33 minutes ago, smedly said:

No need! Referring to post 6, that was as strange as it could have been. Does he mean that a person with amnesia runs away from her husband and need some time off?
According to me, it is more accurat to say that she might not remember her husband or, if existing, any complications that would make her want to run away.

23 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No need! Referring to post 6, that was as strange as it could have been. Does he mean that a person with amnesia runs away from her husband and need some time off?
According to me, it is more accurat to say that she might not remember her husband or, if existing, any complications that would make her want to run away.

oh well thanks - I see now

not

not your fault, media reports what they are told, you need to be very good at reading between the lines here...……...something I am very good at

I believe absolutely nothing in this country, in the west we believe what we are told by professionals, doctors - Coroners - police - lawyers - forensics, we trust them because they have a duty and willingness to solve a crime - investigate and prosecute to the best of their ability, not so in Thailand, here they will manipulate - bribe - threaten - intimidate anyone or anything that stands in the way of achieving the desired outcome, yes that includes doctors - coroners or whoever, they all do as they are told...…………...something that is worth mentioning

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Family members mentioned so far are the father and a sister. 

Other posters are correct to say that other tourists on nearby Koh Tao have been raped, murdered or have vanished. These are facts not “conspiracies.”

From the full article..

“Usually the embassy would let me know if anything comes up,” Chanaworasin said. “I only listen to the embassy.”

So if family alert police to missing people, they do jack <deleted> until the embassy confirm it !!! 

A full clean sweep reform is needed of the RTP and stop calling them the RTP, gives them allusions of grandeur...

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

From the full article..

“Usually the embassy would let me know if anything comes up,” Chanaworasin said. “I only listen to the embassy.”

So if family alert police to missing people, they do jack <deleted> until the embassy confirm it !!! 

A full clean sweep reform is needed of the RTP and stop calling them the RTP, gives them allusions of grandeur...

Spot on! 

...is it 24 or 48 hours....normally...

...for a family to declare one of their members....with an impairment...missing...

...and for the police to deny.....refute...or ignore that....???

...what would you call it...???

..if something has happened to her...all the evidence will have been removed by now....and stories and alibis in place...

...not comforting...

2 hours ago, smedly said:

conspiracy ? the fact is people are dead raped or missing on Koh Tao.....that is a fact

Amazing how a post about a female tourists disappearance on Samui has managed to evolve into a Thai Bashing Festival and has also managed to rope in Kao Tao yet we're still only on the first page - Thai bashers are on form this AM.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

not

not your fault, media reports what they are told, you need to be very good at reading between the lines here...……...something I am very good at

I believe absolutely nothing in this country, in the west we believe what we are told by professionals, doctors - Coroners - police - lawyers - forensics, we trust them because they have a duty and willingness to solve a crime - investigate and prosecute to the best of their ability, not so in Thailand, here they will manipulate - bribe - threaten - intimidate anyone or anything that stands in the way of achieving the desired outcome, yes that includes doctors - coroners or whoever, they all do as they are told...…………...something that is worth mentioning

What in the whole wide world are you going on about???? You just can´t be referring to one of my comments. Read between the lines??? Lokks to me that you don´t understand what you read at all.
Or maybe you are commenting somebody else???

3 hours ago, Alexey Roslyakov said:

She is not married. No BF.
No alco/drugs (just in case, if someone would like to speculate).
Shy and quiet person (but happy to talk to people).

Thank you for the clarification Alexey.  

It happens too frequently in Thailand that people start speculating that tourists who encounter misfortune have brought the problems upon themselves.

May I ask whether you are a family member or a friend of the family?

Thanks 

(I hope that Inna is found safe and well.)

Khaosod wrote "It’s normal for tourists to get lost from each other when they travel, because there are many islands here,” Col. Chanaworasin Supanarak of Bophut Police Station said".

Yeh happens to me whenever I have visited the mainland and go to the Ferry Booking Office for my return and they ask me where I want to go I just say ...Er...Koh Something....:cheesy:

3 hours ago, Alexey Roslyakov said:

She is not married. No BF.
No alco/drugs (just in case, if someone would like to speculate).
Shy and quiet person (but happy to talk to people).

But not in English, so quite difficult for her. 

>May I ask whether you are a family member or a friend of the family?
Nope. I'm just trying to help with putting posters and getting some attention from media.

>But not in English, so quite difficult for her. 
That's right. She used Google Translate for conversations with people. She left her phone in the hotel room, so she is pretty limited with a possibility to talk to someone.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

not

Ahaha you believe everything in the West, ahahaha I believe nothing from the west, drs a full of lies as a politicians ! US government lied about all it invasions !! I have read many as story of coroners police stitching up inocent people.. ahahaha west tell the truth ahaga

30 minutes ago, Alexey Roslyakov said:

>May I ask whether you are a family member or a friend of the family?
Nope. I'm just trying to help with putting posters and getting some attention from media.

>But not in English, so quite difficult for her. 
That's right. She used Google Translate for conversations with people. She left her phone in the hotel room, so she is pretty limited with a possibility to talk to someone.

Thanks for the extra information.

These Images came from Facebook posts of Alexander Vargin and shared by Banana Bar Samui with a few extra details. My guess is that Inna’s images in the smaller pictures show what she looks like now. Is that correct Alexy?  Was her hair cut short or does she just wear it in a bun sometimes?

Thanks and good luck. 

0120613C-050F-4EFF-92AA-F65D35A9A853.png

3D1A67DA-B71D-46F1-89E2-5BC46B6BB600.png

6 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Family members mentioned so far are the father and a sister. 

Other posters are correct to say that other tourists on nearby Koh Tao have been raped, murdered or have vanished. These are facts not “conspiracies.”

The facts may not be in (much) dispute... but.... the facts aren’t a part of the conspiracy theory.

the conspiracy theories are about the cover up... The “who did it” (plus their connections) and “why” and “where are the remains” (in some cases) are what leads to the conspiracy.

ie... not nessesarily a conspiracy to kill, but more likely a conspiracy to cover it up after the fact.

1 hour ago, mihalis said:

Ahaha you believe everything in the West, ahahaha I believe nothing from the west, drs a full of lies as a politicians ! US government lied about all it invasions !! I have read many as story of coroners police stitching up inocent people.. ahahaha west tell the truth ahaga

This therapy method works really well.... lots of time to peacefully reflect on things, whilst in a very safe space.... good luck with it.... hope you get better real soon

90EA3021-02AE-4C4D-951E-6AA5D5F76CE7.png

1 hour ago, Spectator2020 said:

Thanks for the extra information.

These Images came from Facebook posts of Alexander Vargin and shared by Banana Bar Samui with a few extra details. My guess is that Inna’s images in the smaller pictures show what she looks like now. Is that correct Alexy?  Was her hair cut short or does she just wear it in a bun sometimes?

Thanks and good luck. 

0120613C-050F-4EFF-92AA-F65D35A9A853.png

3D1A67DA-B71D-46F1-89E2-5BC46B6BB600.png

Correct. First is from her camera or phone and the second image is from a security camera in the hotel.
Regarding her hair, I guess she wore it into the bun.

15 minutes ago, farcanell said:

The facts may not be in (much) dispute... but.... the facts aren’t a part of the conspiracy theory.

the conspiracy theories are about the cover up... The “who did it” (plus their connections) and “why” and “where are the remains” (in some cases) are what leads to the conspiracy.

ie... not nessesarily a conspiracy to kill, but more likely a conspiracy to cover it up after the fact.

it is against forum rules to talk about conspiracies

how about just posting your thoughts and stop posting about other members

54 minutes ago, smedly said:

how about just posting your thoughts and stop posting about other members

Oh... is it?.... looks like I need to re read the forum rules... thanks.

it also looks like a bunch of other members need to hear your words, and avoid the same mistake, as they have made herein

now... you may not have realized, but I didn’t start any discussion on conspiracies, it was others... but you go girl ?.... that all started at post 3,4 and 5

your second paragraph is..... well... I’m not sure, so whilst ignoring it, I suggest that you follow your own advise, as we both know your just as likely to play the man, and not the ball, as anyone else... lol... as almost everyone else (your post 11... demeaning to another poster, whilst your posts 9 and 28 indicate your confused... ?)

tsk tsk.... your better than this.... so I’m now quite surprised.... anywho.... please do me a favor, and block my content.... there’s a good chap... much appreciated.... and better... your problem solved

57 minutes ago, smedly said:

After a quick check.... what?.... which rule?

im sure I may have missed the appropriate wording... perhaps you can be more helpful and provide me with the rule number that I broke, for my edification.... as I’m sure your not wrong..

lol.... I will forgive any lack of response.... after all, I did just ask you to block me ????

Archived