Hua Hin Pool Villa - rented for 12,000 baht a night but they get a slum!

Hua Hin Pool Villa - rented for 12,000 baht a night but they get a slum!

21.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai tourist went on Facebook to complain that they rented what they thought was a luxury pool villa in Hua Hin.

But what they got was as bad as any slum.

What appeared to be a beautiful pool with a huge floating duck toy was just stinking water.

And the duck was in a crumpled heap.

The toilet was unusable. Dirty plates and cups were strewn everywhere.

The bedding looked like it had never been washed.

"Kiaw Pa Rasee" said he had paid 12,000 baht for this mess. He called the owner to say it was completely unlike the nice advertising photos.

He had his old folks and kids with him so finding another place for the night was not an option - so they agreed on a price of 4,500 baht.

But they couldn't wait to get out at 7am next day.

Sanook reported that in such a case the owner could be prosecuted for false advertising and face 6 months jail or a 50,000 baht fine or both.

While Thai Rath made a video of the mess saying that it was a story being shared across social media.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-02

We're in an Airbnb condo right now in BKK. We arrived the day before Songkran; the tiny fridge was broke. We have a baby & need a fridge. Owner said they can't fix it for 5 days cuz of Songkran.  I said,  "Broken fridge does not meet Airbnb standards, so we will move out & get refund through the company".  Why not just buy a new (and bigger) fridge; it can be here tonite, and then no problem.  And that's what they did!  The manager went to Tesco across the street, bought a new, larger fridge, it was in by dinner time, and all are happy.  NB - We have a 5 week reservation, so my "threat" would amount to a LOT of lost revenue if I had followed through.  

Bottom line... when you rent via Airbnb, you have some leverage. Plus you correspond with the owner prior to rental, you can judge their character.  My (Thai) wife had cancelled an earlier reservation because the owner was non-responsive to her inquiries; she said "This guy will be trouble."  The place we rented from, she said the owner sounds like a decent lady.  So kudos to my wife, who keeps me out of trouble more times than I deserve. :)  

4 minutes ago, USNret said:

We're in an Airbnb condo right now in BKK. We arrived the day before Songkran; the tiny fridge was broke. We have a baby & need a fridge. Owner said they can't fix it for 5 days cuz of Songkran.  I said,  "Broken fridge does not meet Airbnb standards, so we will move out & get refund through the company".  Why not just buy a new (and bigger) fridge; it can be here tonite, and then no problem.  And that's what they did!  The manager went to Tesco across the street, bought a new, larger fridge, it was in by dinner time, and all are happy.  NB - We have a 5 week reservation, so my "threat" would amount to a LOT of lost revenue if I had followed through.  

Bottom line... when you rent via Airbnb, you have some leverage. Plus you correspond with the owner prior to rental, you can judge their character.  My (Thai) wife had cancelled an earlier reservation because the owner was non-responsive to her inquiries; she said "This guy will be trouble."  The place we rented from, she said the owner sounds like a decent lady.  So kudos to my wife, who keeps me out of trouble more times than I deserve. :)  

my daughter had a similar experience in Amsterdam and secured a refund, but to me personally its hassle that you don't need and all too frequent it seems

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

and then the hotel will counter sue claiming his online posts and complaints ruined his reputation and hurt future business

And just WHERE will that law suit be filed?    IN Thailand?       :smile:

Hello?..

Not worth the hassle and worry . will it be alright etc. some folk do not know what a holiday actually means as they are so used to stressing themselves over everything from the flights to the rooms . I read every day on Trip advisor the questions and queries and you can feel the stress in the questions ! You are supposed to relax, leave the stress behind but it becomes a major worrying exercise for some. Like Golf... did you ever see the state of some people after a round of golf... fuming with self criticism or the shot that got away has them demented . 

2 hours ago, USNret said:

A Falang Thai success story, congrats, a rarity indeed.

In many south east asian countries you need to use high handed way to deal with problem like this. No good going to office to complain or even go to tourism authority. Just get some gang members to agree to get your money back and on top of that compensation this compensation will be pay to the gang members. They only answer to gang who will threaten to beat them up. Pay on the spot cash. Of course local gang are friends of the police they know each other well. Report to police? what a joke.

Archived