Hua Hin Pool Villa - rented for 12,000 baht a night but they get a slum!

12 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

But you can talk about it there

Name and shame

You have a good point there Ks ..... . Yes, we can absolutely name, shame and publicize here without fears of running amuck of the computer crimes act. Defamation laws .... exactly opposite of Thailand!

I'm sure that fear of being exposed makes many businesses live up to their advertising.

On 02/05/2018 at 2:52 PM, Xonax said:

Welcome to Thailand!  Most hotel rooms I have booked here over the years, have also not been up to the standard described and shown in photos.

If in doubt castigate the whole industry....an industry where year on year revenue has increased but on behalf of all tourists/expats you know better.

The industry must be doing something right. 

I have NEVER yet been ripped off for any room I have booked nor have any acquaintances.

But hey you know better.

I'm sure you dont have any agenda

I was sort of interested in the concept of Airbnb years ago but decided against it after reading so many horror stories.  Okay, you might get your money back but that's not much consolation when you've got to book up emergency accommodation at top rates.  I'll stick to our usual international hotels that know how to do hospitality.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:09 AM, Colabamumbai said:

And would that have been thru airbnb?

So you are obviously an expert. Pray tell what extensive experience you have dealing with airbnb. I would like you to name and shame also seeing as you have had very bad experiences in the past. Give examples or shut up.

Oh and by the way if you are from Mumbai you certainly would not be allowed to rent my place. Once bitten twice shy as they say.

Den

On 5/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, jacko45k said:

Fast on the draw there, I was about to post welcome to the world of......

Same goes for you as goes for ColabaMumbai please tell your extremely bad experiences we would all like to know.

Den

2 minutes ago, denby45 said:

I like the folks on here slagging off airbnb and in turn the hosts without giving real examples of their bad experiences.

Den

No previous experience myself.  Relied on reviews and glad I did.

8 hours ago, denby45 said:

I like the folks on here slagging off airbnb and in turn the hosts without giving real examples of their bad experiences.

Den

Was discussing them only yesterday and a few friends wiere giving posistive statements for accommodation booked in the UK. Personally I had a negative opinion from one of those invetigative consumer programs one gets on UK TV relating to double bookings on the continent with airbnb. For Thailand I was concerned that they seem to offer short term bookings in condo buildings when strictly speaking that is against the terms of the building.

Never any need to book more than a night or two in an unknown hotel.

Many of the places don't even require payment until after you arrive.

12,000bht/night ........ you gotta be kidding, I paid 400bht/night for a double room with aircon in HH last month. 

I usually use Traveloka or Booking.com, don't like Agoda as they don't include taxes and service charges.

Never used Airbnb.

13 hours ago, denby45 said:

So you are obviously an expert. Pray tell what extensive experience you have dealing with airbnb. I would like you to name and shame also seeing as you have had very bad experiences in the past. Give examples or shut up.

Oh and by the way if you are from Mumbai you certainly would not be allowed to rent my place. Once bitten twice shy as they say.

Den

Troll post

On 5/3/2018 at 12:35 AM, neeray said:

This problem is not exclusive to Thailand. It happens in developed countries too. 

Do you also read the 'developed countries forum' or something? perhaps in that forum you can mention is also happens in Thailand ....  or even... 'If you don't like it don't go on holiday'... :coffee1:

12 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Never any need to book more than a night or two in an unknown hotel.

Many of the places don't even require payment until after you arrive.

12,000bht/night ........ you gotta be kidding, I paid 400bht/night for a double room with aircon in HH last month. 

I usually use Traveloka or Booking.com, don't like Agoda as they don't include taxes and service charges.

Never used Airbnb.

I suspect the room they actually got was closer to the standards you are used to.... :whistling: :giggle:

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect the room they actually got was closer to the standards you are used to.... :whistling: :giggle:

Probably, but I always think why pay more?

It's just a place to sleep for a few hours, as long as the air-con works, anything else doesn't matter when I'm asleep.

Looks like the typical "party house" groups rent for a night or two and then completely wreck in a two-day-bender. Lived fairly close to one of those a while ago, and it was pure hell. Banging music almost constantly and drunks screaming and being a nuisance. The police would show up once in a while to quiet them down, but claimed they couldn't force the owned to stop renting it out in this way.

Wasn't until the neighbors finally had had enough and started to vandalize the house any way they could that the owner stopped renting it out as a party house where anything goes. This was about 100-120 meter from where I was staying, and I can't even imagine what the closer neighbors had to go through during the months this was allowed to continue.

that is a terrible state for the price they were asking. looks like my place on a monday morning after a heavy weekend. i would recommend anyone going through or staying in hua hin to stay at let's sea. great staff and not expensive

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

that is a terrible state for the price they were asking. looks like my place on a monday morning after a heavy weekend. i would recommend anyone going through or staying in hua hin to stay at let's sea. great staff and not expensive

And they don't allow children [at Let's Sea].... which is great if you are are couple etc... but useless if you want to rent a nice pool villa with your family and some friends....

12,000 baht for lovely 4 bedroomed Pool Villa is not too expensive if everything is spot on.

Clearly this place was way below the standard anyone could reasonably expect. At 4500 baht it was way below the standard anyone could reasonably expect. Would anyone even want to stay there for free?... its disgusting. 

On 5/5/2018 at 10:14 AM, Colabamumbai said:

Troll post

Typical reaction when you have nothing productive to say. Now I was not going to qualify my statement however due to your typical rudeness I will. There is a very good reason I don't allow Indians in my condo after they trashed the place. Even the security deposit did not cover the damage they did. However that was not the worst. I had guests coming which I had to cancel because I could not get the repairs done in time. This is a short list of what was damaged:

1. Huge cigarette burns on my coffee table even my place is non-smoking. Smoking only on the terrace. Cost to replace 8,000 baht.

2. Patio chairs with cigarette burns. They obviously did not like the idea of stubbing their cigarettes out in the ashtray. Preferred to stub out on right on the chairs. Should really have replaced but rubbed down and sanded myself. However you can still see there is damage.

3. Wash hand basin in the bathroom pulled out of it's seating. Cost for refitting and new drain (4,000) baht.

4. Full cotton bed sheets and pillow cases completely stained and to throw away. approx 2,000 baht.

5.) Place was completely filthy had to pay cleaners 1000 baht instead of the usual 500baht.

6.) Shower door broken. Had to search high an low to get the new parts. 600 baht. Fixed myself to save money. 

7.) Top of wardrobe damaged where they had stored their suitcase. Veneer pulled off and missing. Again managed to fix reasonably well myself.

8.) Bedside cabinet drawer was damaged. Again I managed to patch it up. Not pretty but at least it works.

That was the damage they did. There are a few other items which are minor and don't need mention.

OK On top of all that damage I had complaints from next door about the noise they were making every night.

Also management of the complex told me there were many complaints from residents about them swimming in their underpants in the pool. Can you believe it?

This is the reason Indians are not welcome.

Just to prove a point you can find a couple of pics of my place attached and see how nice it is. It's 76 sqm. Try to get something like that for around 1000 baht a night anywhere else but airbnb.

Den

Image00003.jpg

Image00005.jpg

HP2 professional12.jpg

Image00013.jpg

On 5/5/2018 at 5:44 AM, jacko45k said:

Was discussing them only yesterday and a few friends wiere giving posistive statements for accommodation booked in the UK. Personally I had a negative opinion from one of those invetigative consumer programs one gets on UK TV relating to double bookings on the continent with airbnb. For Thailand I was concerned that they seem to offer short term bookings in condo buildings when strictly speaking that is against the terms of the building.

You are quite correct about the short term bookings in some of the buildings. However if the complex is a condotel then there is no problem are there is an hotel license in place. For the others there is a rule that you cannot rent for less than one month at a time. I do know there are some places where the management of the block turn a blind eye to that rule. 

Den

Archived