British man found dead in Pattaya was ‘stressed about divorce from Thai wife’

webfact

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

There are are no illegal marriages in Thailand.

Ok there is you know in the eyes of the law. If u marry in a immigration centre in Thailand  and provide all the documents that marriage i s recognized   in both countries Thailand and Australia where i come from. If you marry in Thailand and  just say its a traditional Thai wedding and you are Australian and wife is Thai than that marriage will not be recognized in Australia It only be recognized  in Thailand and in the eyes of the law of Australia you are not legally married. I guess it dont matter if bride and groom are both Thai  because in Thai law they are legally married. Who cares as long as both  are happy.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok there is you know in the eyes of the law. If u marry in a immigration centre in Thailand  and provide all the documents that marriage i s recognized   in both countries Thailand and Australia where i come from. If you marry in Thailand and  just say its a traditional Thai wedding and you are Australian and wife is Thai than that marriage will not be recognized in Australia It only be recognized  in Thailand and in the eyes of the law of Australia you are not legally married. I guess it dont matter if bride and groom are both Thai  because in Thai law they are legally married. Who cares as long as both  are happy.

The law cares.

Read above - a “village wedding” is not a marriage, it has no legal standing in any Farang country.

Either party can walk away without further formality.

A marriage has to be registered at a local amphoe.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He already had a new girlfriend and should have been viewing the future with some optimism,

Sad.

New GF returns to find man at 1am? Sounds as if he had several problems

1 hour ago, johnson36 said:

I wonder if she (wife) pushed him physically or just emotionally.

Either way she is to blame.

Having been married to a thai I know just how the guy was feeling.

At times they can drive you crazy with their ways. Sometimes it seems like they are unwilling to listen to anything. Everything has to be their way no matter how stupid that way is. 

Hope the guy can RIP now.

Why Buy when you can Rent and move on anytime you like, when will this ever sink in to Gullible Falangs. 

3 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

A young (probably) trophy (probably) wife for a 68 y. o. man, both of whom don't share the same culture or language (and a whole lot more). This is a recipe for disaster. How many more of these do we need to get it?

EDIT: One is hard enough, but 2.

That could drive someone off the rails (or railings to be more exact), and in many more ways than 1.

Considering he was due to sign the final papers of the divorce to the Thai lady whom will now be entitled to his estate (if any) one has to ask the disturbing question - did his “new” girlfriend know or ever had any contact whatsoever with his wife?
Not everything is black n white

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Rest in Peace- All these folks are seeking peace from something, loss of loved ones, financial, health problems. It is the ultimate personal liberty to decide how and when one dies, how much suffering they must endure. IMHO governments and society have far to much sway deciding who lives and dies. The world would be better off allowing each individual to determine the time, place and method of their own demise rather than war and murder. Millions being wiped out over wars for money is what we should be talking about not folks using their liberty seeking peace from pain they can do longer endure.

A lot of expats are here in Thailand because they already have problems - I'd even say a majority (I know, you're just here for the sun, beach & pad thai). 

I won't ask anyone here to raise their hand and I won't mention any of your names ;) Just running away from wherever you were before and setting up an existence in Thailand can get your mind off your problems temporarily. But the problems still exist. And you might even be more alone here than from where you came from. The truth is, no one gives a crap here. To a Thai, you are just another old guy Farang, and 99.9% have no real interest in you or in your problems. To other non-Thais you are of zero interest to them either, unless of course, you're buying them pints at the local pub. I think a lot of people come here to just simplify, waste away and die. Too many before their time. This story and others like it just make me feel like shit. So to all you that may read this, if you see someone that is despondent, down, depressed etc. TRY to do something to help! Please. You don't have to make a profession of this or try to help everyone, but maybe help whoever you can. While it may sound corny, it may be you that needs a little help of one kind or another down the road. You don't have to be a superman or superwoman. Just don't ignore only to read about someone's demise like this one. Thanks. My two cents, quid, lira, shekels, baht... 

4 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Very sad. Let me just pre-empt the don't understand why brigade: people do this when the balance of their mind is disturbed, thus rendering them unable to think or rationalise well.

Not necessarily so, mostly because we do not know his mental situation. Whether or not suicide can be a rational decision or is the result of a troubled mind has been debated at all levels for many years. Certainly, someone facing a terminal illness garners more support that suicide can be a rational decision than someone cuckolded in love or impoverished by poor investments. The man in question may have been victim to all the above or other situations; we do not know. 

Another good reason never to have any assets in the wife's name.

If you own a home, better to have it in the name of a family member back home and purchase on leasehold.

Once again for the xxth time, be worth more alive then dead.

RIP to the bloke, and hope there was CCTV in the building to see any suspicious visits.

I live in the block where this happened and heard the girl distraught; it was heart wrenching. The emergency services did a professional and respectful job; I suppose they are well used to it.

The man must have been troubled beyond despair and we will never know the reasons why. Let him RIP.

From the link in the OP, it seems his current girlfriend was not a bargirl, but a 49 year old district nurse with her own home. They had been together for a year. My thoughts are with her. She was clearly very deeply upset and shocked. It seems her adult son was with her for some comfort.

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

so does his ex - wife she gets the lot

And this is another reason my assets are protected behind a veil of trust funds and limited companies. Good luck to any wench unravelling thst when I pass (unless they prove themselves of course)

25 minutes ago, Cactus99 said:

A lot of expats are here in Thailand because they already have problems - I'd even say a majority (I know, you're just here for the sun, beach & pad thai). 

I won't ask anyone here to raise their hand and I won't mention any of your names ;) Just running away from wherever you were before and setting up an existence in Thailand can get your mind off your problems temporarily. But the problems still exist. And you might even be more alone here than from where you came from. The truth is, no one gives a crap here. To a Thai, you are just another old guy Farang, and 99.9% have no real interest in you or in your problems. To other non-Thais you are of zero interest to them either, unless of course, you're buying them pints at the local pub. I think a lot of people come here to just simplify, waste away and die. Too many before their time. This story and others like it just make me feel like shit. So to all you that may read this, if you see someone that is despondent, down, depressed etc. TRY to do something to help! Please. You don't have to make a profession of this or try to help everyone, but maybe help whoever you can. While it may sound corny, it may be you that needs a little help of one kind or another down the road. You don't have to be a superman or superwoman. Just don't ignore only to read about someone's demise like this one. Thanks. My two cents, quid, lira, shekels, baht... 

Too true,probably best post here,but nobody to agree with you as it shows up their desperate state too

The name is Mr. Mr.. Toms Jhone Edward Charles, 68 years old, nationality Ireland, body condition, face-to-face, broken limbs, broken skull, bleeding floor, with a Thai wife. Know the name is miss na dao si, 49 years old. Sta

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He already had a new girlfriend and should have been viewing the future with some optimism,

Sad.

Strange that he would jump then .......... But this happens so much in Thailand. Maybe it is something in the water, or a reaction to the spicy food.  :thumbsup:

I won't ask anyone here to raise their hand and I won't mention any of your names [emoji6] Just running away from wherever you were before and setting up an existence in Thailand can get your mind off your problems temporarily. But the problems still exist. And you might even be more alone here than from where you came from. The truth is, no one gives a crap here. To a Thai, you are just another old guy Farang, and 99.9% have no real interest in you or in your problems. To other non-Thais you are of zero interest to them either, unless of course, you're buying them pints at the local pub. I think a lot of people come here to just simplify, waste away and die. Too many before their time. This story and others like it just make me feel like shit. So to all you that may read this, if you see someone that is despondent, down, depressed etc. TRY to do something to help! Please. You don't have to make a profession of this or try to help everyone, but maybe help whoever you can. While it may sound corny, it may be you that needs a little help of one kind or another down the road. You don't have to be a superman or superwoman. Just don't ignore only to read about someone's demise like this one. Thanks. My two cents, quid, lira, shekels, baht... 

Excellent post. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The " bermuda triangle " of love seems to include all north east of los

The Bermuda triangle seems to have roots in Khon Kaen, a lovely Thai bar girls community in Thailand. 

How many times did you read of foreign deaths in Sisaket and the ones in KK?

55 minutes ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

Are you married/have gf up in Chang Rai? Or are you a loner?

Chiang Rai is a nice place; it would be good to have. GF from there.

Had a Shan girl from there once.

9 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

RIP, no dysfunctional marriage  in this world is worth to commit suicide.

What a sad story. And he doesn't seem to be the only one. 

Never underestimate the cunning.  This may not be the home of misogyny but it is the birthplace.  Another poor bugger gone.  So sad.

Archived