VIDEO: Beg-packers descend on Hua Hin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 5:44 PM, metisdead said:

Inflammatory bickering posts and the replies have been removed.

Hey metisdead , I have never seen a topic that has caused so much malice , just as well they are not 2 ladyboys , half of those on this forum would have heart attacks !

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Hey metisdead , I have never seen a topic that has caused so much malice , just as well they are not 2 ladyboys , half of those on this forum would have heart attacks !

Actually, that's something I would like to see, katoeys playing bongos instead of fighting or ripping off johns.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, lemonjelly said:

And stop calling buskers “beg packers”, it’s derogatory and unnecessary 

That´s what they are here! There is also a big possibility to call them much worse things, so in general they should be happy about that name.

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

That´s what they are here! There is also a big possibility to call them much worse things, so in general they should be happy about that name.

How about BedBug packers

to me it's just busking not begging but no doubt they'll get kicked out as some guy busking with his guitar was not so long ago. people have different views on it and this couple, i thought the music was rubbish so i wouldn't have given them anything.  i think in london busking can be so lucrative in some spots on the underground they now have auditions and they need licenses and i think there's been some people signed up with record labels after being discovered busking there. don't like what they are playing just don't give them anything. big deal

On 2018-05-02 at 3:53 PM, webfact said:

Are you sure you Allow to do this in Thailand?where they are come from?I thoght [sic] that only poor thai peoples who is begger with a kids on the street...now we have a tourist do this job too.and also with a kids…”

Probably they don't have a proper work permit!!  :sleepy:

A post has been removed, please see the following forum rule that you agreed to when you signed up. 

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 5/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, simoh1490 said:

Young hippies in 2018, really, I don't think so, more like freeloaders!

This old fart sees loads of similar types hitchhiking on the roads from Chiang Mai north, begging rides off locals who earn fifty times less than them and who have assets worth hundreds of times less - can't even afford the 87 baht bus fare, truly truly pathetic.

There's nothing new about this really. Back in the 70s there was a book called  Europe on 5 dollars a day....essentially tourism by begging.. even back then it wasn't a great way to see Europe..

Having said that, at least they haven't become "English Teachers"  :)

10 minutes ago, BugJackBaron said:

There's nothing new about this really. Back in the 70s there was a book called  Europe on 5 dollars a day....essentially tourism by begging.. even back then it wasn't a great way to see Europe..

I remember the book well.

3 hours ago, BugJackBaron said:
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:31 AM, simoh1490 said:

Young hippies in 2018, really, I don't think so, more like freeloaders!

This old fart sees loads of similar types hitchhiking on the roads from Chiang Mai north, begging rides off locals who earn fifty times less than them and who have assets worth hundreds of times less - can't even afford the 87 baht bus fare, truly truly pathetic.

The g-friend and her sister drove from Chiang Mai to Sankhampeng to Chiang Rai  yesterday so I asked them about any euro beg backpackers out their hitchhiking ...... and yep I did ask .... they were puzzled and of course were like  'huh, what'    Right. Now I did run into a spanish girl hitchiking in P-loke trying to get to Sukkothai, but that was a year or two ago. Nothing I have seen on the CM to CR route on the last 5 trips. Will keep monitoring.

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

The g-friend and her sister drove from Chiang Mai to Sankhampeng to Chiang Rai  yesterday so I asked them about any euro beg backpackers out their hitchhiking ...... and yep I did ask .... they were puzzled and of course were like  'huh, what'    Right. Now I did run into a spanish girl hitchiking in P-loke trying to get to Sukkothai, but that was a year or two ago. Nothing I have seen on the CM to CR route on the last 5 trips. Will keep monitoring.

Two things:

As said, the ones I have seen have been in the stretch of road between Chiang Mai and Mae Rim, a route I travel almost daily.

What is wrong with you!

Archived