It's the mother of all whip-rounds! Private sector asked to donate to Norwegian shark attack victim

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Time to learn what you are speaking about. You just made a very silly comment without any ground in facts"

And I know why you are a "Very Irritating Member" - you seem to make a habit of demeaning and insulting people.

I wouldn't have thought that it was unreasonable to NOT expect to be bitten by a Bull Shark in the waters off Hua Hin, considering the number of shark attacks there over the years? Hmmm?

What I was meaning is that unknown waters is off beach and outside net. That menas that a number of different dangers are eminent. Not only shark bites.

It was not demeaning or insulting. It was just my point of view on your comment.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

What I was meaning is that unknown waters is off beach and outside net. That menas that a number of different dangers are eminent. Not only shark bites.

I will reply in the same manner as you replied to my original post!

Waters are bound to be off the beach - the beach is sand! And what net? There is no net!  And what is an "eminent danger"  (Eminent definition, high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished) And what are "menas"?

"Time to learn what you are speaking about. You just made a very silly comment without any ground in facts"

39 minutes ago, sambum said:

I will reply in the same manner as you replied to my original post!

Waters are bound to be off the beach - the beach is sand! And what net? There is no net!  And what is an "eminent danger"  (Eminent definition, high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished) And what are "menas"?

Go with that, and stay happy. If it doesn´t help buy a teddy bear.

@ any moderator. If you consider that to bad and not following the forum rules, I am fully prepared to take the punishment. It´s definately worth it. :smile:

5 hours ago, smedly said:

no they cannot,

Yes , they can; he checked into the hospital, received treatment and the bill has to be paid.  He is the only one responsible for his bill so until he pays the hospital can refuse to let him leave. 

If push came to shove a hospital can call the police in for an unpaid bill complaint if a patient tries to do a runner, which is what he would be doing if he left without paying against the hospital's will.  In this case it seems that it's academic as the first hospital must have let him leave in order for his treatment to be ongoing in Khon Kaen.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

They cannot, why do you think they could ? under what grounds, unless it was a mental health issue he can sign himself out when he wants, like I said it is not a prison

What grounds?  Because he had a bill for treatment that needed paying and it doesn't need to be a prison to refuse to let someone leave with an unpaid bill! 

4 hours ago, smedly said:

did you read what you just said, he can leave the hospital when he wants, his passport may be held until he pays the bill, he can from that time inform the hospital that he is going to make arrangements to pay, he will not be forced to remain in the hospital - he may be forced to remain in the country

"...he will not be forced to remain in the hospital..."

He can be!

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

I thought I could post a link or a short qoute using my own wording, but it was deleted. If hou google you should find it in b k k p o s t news in the end of the article from 29 april

Using the words Bangkok Post is not banned!

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

The whole story stinks if you ask me! 

There is other needy people in this country, and this is not one! Im ashamed on his behalf. Still do not believe for a second he is bitten by a shark. My best guess, is, he knew his insurance was out, hurt himselves on the rocks, and the rest is history. I continue to repeat only 19 stitces 3 shark bites as he testifyed.. Not possible by a 10 kg shark even, the damages would have been alot more. 

A lad from Norway doesn't have funds to cover his hospital costs?

30 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Go with that, and stay happy. If it doesn´t help buy a teddy bear.

@ any moderator. If you consider that to bad and not following the forum rules, I am fully prepared to take the punishment. It´s definately worth it. :smile:

Sounds like your confrontational attitude has had previous results! :smile:

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

I thought I could post a link or a short qoute using my own wording, but it was deleted. If hou google you should find it in b k k p o s t news in the end of the article from 29 april

Thanks, I found the article and statement of overstaying a 30-day visa-exempt entry...:wai:

I don't remember it was mentioned in the articles quoted in this forum.

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What grounds?  Because he had a bill for treatment that needed paying and it doesn't need to be a prison to refuse to let someone leave with an unpaid bill! 

honestly you are talking nonsense, he may be prevented from leaving Thailand but not the hospital

On 5/3/2018 at 8:03 AM, Get Real said:

Looks like he didn´t have any insurance then, so it´s time to stop talk about it like it existed but experied. That is same like no have.

Not saying that he shouldn´t have compensation and help paying the hospital bills though. If a country have a beach they offer to the public, it´s their job to provide safety for the public.

Put some guys on the beach saying 'Shoo' to all the naughty sharks.

The Hospital is ripping and falsifying the inflated and exaggerated bills..  AS they do..!!!  I have personally been through this...... here in Thailand.... There is no major surgery..... few stitches.. .  If the Hospital had any sense..... they can turn this into a PR campaign for Hospital Services.    

9 hours ago, smedly said:

did they handcuff you to the bed and keep billing you :cheesy:

No, but the billing continued until the bill was paid. 

You know that when you post something that isn't in the least bit amusing ending with a laughing emoticon doesn't make it funny?

Archived