Frenchman stabbed to death by Thai at Bangkok guest house after intervening in argument

webfact

Frenchman stabbed to death by Thai at Bangkok guest house after intervening in argument

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a French man had been stabbed to death at a Bangkok guest house after he intervened in an argument between a Thai and another French person.

The other French man had tried to stop the Thai from urinating where he shouldn't.

Chana Songkhram police have made an arrest of a man named as "Pae" and are investigating.

Police called to the guest house behind the Phra Su Meru shrine on Phra Arthit Road in Phra Nakorn district found Leo Alexander face up on a wooden platform by a bar area.

He had a stab wound to the left side of the chest and was dead.

Police were told that Pae and his girlfriend had been drinking from evening until midnight last night. A French man called Es arrived and saw Pae urinating in a drain and told him not to do that.

An argument broke out and Leo intervened to stop it.

Pae then went and got a knife and returned to stab the French man to death.

He was soon arrested in Phra Arthit Road.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-03

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know its in a western guys make-up to intervene, but this is the outcome, rip french guy, i wonder what the outcome of this will be, dont even ask. got to be premeditated murder in my book, but it will be *sorry, i was drunk* stock answer.

So surely the murder has a degree of premeditation as the killer left the scene with the purpose of getting a knife to at least injure the victim.

Should be strung up by his balls, or at the very least get the maximum possible sentence under the law.

RIP to the victim

Swiss tourist fatally stabbed outside Bangkok guesthouse

By The Nation

ac2a77a221506e5b367f3562d4af80c0.jpeg

A Swiss tourist was fatally stabbed early Thursday while trying to prevent a fight between a Thai man and a French tourist in front of a guesthouse in Bangkok’s Phra Nakhon district.

Police said the quarrel broke out after the French tourist reprimanded the Thai, identified by police as Peh, for urinating into a canal. Peh then returned with a knife and attacked the Frenchman. The victim, named as Leo Alexander Achille, 24, tried to stop the fight but was stabbed.

The police were alerted at 2.30am and Peh was arrested soon after.

Achille was staying at the Flapping Duck guesthouse behind the Phra Sumain Fort on Bang Lamphu road in Samsen Nai sub-distirct.

His Thai friend, Malieen Promnat, said the Swiss tourist heard Peh and the French tourist shouting loudly on the bridge across a canal in front of the guesthouse at 2am and went out to stop them. Peh later came back with a knife and threatened the French tourist. Achille once again tried to stop the fight but was stabbed.

Police arrested Peh as he was fleeing towards Phra Arthit Road.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344521

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-03

24 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Rule #1 - DON'T GET INVOLVED.

Right and dont even be around lowlife Thais that are drinking: anywhere or anytime. Those two Brits killed on Ko Tao were in a bar with Thais that fateful night. I  suspect that some altercation happened in that bar between the locals and the Brits before they were attacked,.

Young Frenchman Stabbed To Death At Bangkok Guesthouse

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

13510833_637385523077447_545221235225723

Photo: Flapping Duck Guesthouse / Facebook

BANGKOK — A Frenchman was wounded fatally early Thursday morning after attempting to stop a fight at a guesthouse in Phra Nakhon area.

Police were alerted at about 2:30am to the death of a 24-year-old man who had been stabbed by a man identified only as Pae at the two-story Flapping Duck guesthouse near Pom Phra Sumen.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/05/03/young-frenchman-stabbed-to-death-at-bangkok-guesthouse/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-03

???

Total confusion.

Some headlines say it was a French being stabbed to death others say it was a Swiss national (who intervened in the argument).

So easy to loose your life at 2 AM by a drunk lowlife.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

???

Total confusion.

Some headlines say it was a French being stabbed to death others say it was a Swiss national (who intervened in the argument).

French/Swiss and German /Swiss  both can be residents of Switzerland

Just now, kannot said:

French/Swiss and German /Swiss  both can be residents of Switzerland

Thanks for the lesson. I am "German" Swiss and my fellow French speaking citizens are Swiss nationals.

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

???

Total confusion.

I guess both foreigners spoke French and this led to the apparently mistaken assumption that both were French.

Thais go to prison for up to 2 years if they dont pay around 8 -10,000 b for killing a soi dog.

The Thai probably has access to money otherwise he woudnt be drinking in a farang  area.

If he has  some money he should be able to post bail for killing a 'drunk farang'.  (it'll be his excuse)

Up to him if he wants to flee back to Nakorn Nowhere province.

A soi dog is far more important  than a farang in Thailand because it was born here and could be the re encarntion of a Thai's uncle or mother. 

No money...then  maybe some prison time...post bail ?   sawadi  !

The first frenchie should have kept his mouth shut...this must serve as a lesson to all the patronising-moralising-lesson giving-ranting farangs who think they can behave as they please in Thailand...

And if really need to reprimand, someone should have just taken a hevy club and hit the pissing p*ig from behind !!

Feel sorry for the victim who was murdered for no fault of his.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Rule #1 - DON'T GET INVOLVED.

Rule#2 is if someone wants to piss in a canal at 2am... let them.

Damn good advice. Applies to anywhere in the world.

BUT....  If no one ever intervened or got involved...  There would no doubt be many more serious endings.

It's a fine line.

I guess the first French guy should have kept his nose out of "drunken man pissing in public". That would no doubt have prevented a murder. 

The worst part is that Thai people get away with everything in the book of justice and naturally the police being biased allow another useless being get away with a murder.. Dangerous place this is.. I’m so scared how vulnerable we are here ?

People saying the victim made a mistake to get involved. But in this instance, it was his friend involved in the argument with the Thai. What kind of friend would you be just to stand idly by and not try to do something. I know I wouldn't be able to just stand there and do nothing...

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

???

Total confusion.

He might have been a Swiss from the French speaking part of Switzerland. Hence the confusion.

Considering the quality of water in many canals, pissing in it isn't going to fundamentally change anything. I used to live in Phra Kanong and one canal there smelled as if it was all piss and nothing else.

The other French man had tried to stop the Thai from urinating where he shouldn't.

Why would anybody do that? What would happen to a Thai who tells an Englishman in London not to pee, no matter where that happens?

RIP Frenchman, you died for nothing. 

Archived