Frenchman stabbed to death by Thai at Bangkok guest house after intervening in argument

webfact

11 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Considering the quality of water in many canals, pissing in it isn't going to fundamentally change anything. I used to live in Phra Kanong and one canal there smelled as if it was all piss and nothing else.

Ha ha ha. Similar to a stroll down Soi 9 Sukhmvit 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

The other French man had tried to stop the Thai from urinating where he shouldn't.

Why would anybody do that? What would happen to a Thai who tells an Englishman in London not to pee, no matter where that happens?

RIP Frenchman, you died for nothing. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. RIP Frenchman, you died for nothing!

This was not something to intervene about. A local guy peeing in a drain? If you're a tourist in their country and he's not hurting anyone, who cares? Just walk away, laugh to yourself and shake your head. 

20 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

The worst part is that Thai people get away with everything in the book of justice and naturally the police being biased allow another useless being get away with a murder.. Dangerous place this is.. I’m so scared how vulnerable we are here ?

Where did you read he gets away with this?

another 500 Baht fine its ok because it was a foreigner he murdered and we all know how nasty these foreigner's are trouble all the time so much to learn from  the nice polite kind Thai people

2 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

The worst part is that Thai people get away with everything in the book of justice and naturally the police being biased allow another useless being get away with a murder.. Dangerous place this is.. I’m so scared how vulnerable we are here ?

I think there is an undelying problem here, which is much more worrying. Negative attitude towards foreigners - be it expats or just tourists. We are - increasingly - the dirt they walk on, and agression is lurking lust below the surface. This is of course deeply unfair towards many Thais, and I have many dear Thai friends here, but overall the trend is definetely there. Personally I have had enough. I planned spend the rest of my life here, but that is no longer the plan. Other countries actually welcome retired expats. Give us decent visas and go out of their way to make it happen. I'll keep visiting Thailand, but I'll be damned, if I want to live my life where I am so obviously unwanted and all they want is my money. Visiting other countries in the region I have come to realize, that that famous Thai smile has emigrated too...!

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Stabbing some to death over intervening with an argument about peeing in a drain?  What is the world coming too!

This is just way too tragic. R.I.P

People have died for less throughout history. Nothing new here, human nature in display as it always has been and always will be. 

33 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

Relax. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not stupid enough to get on your high horse and start mouthing off at a drunken person taking a piss in a sewer drain. Any country can be dangerous for stupid arrogant people who look for trouble.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Es arrived and saw Pae urinating in a drain and told him not to do that.

An argument broke out and Leo intervened to stop it.

Pae then went and got a knife and returned to stab the French man to death.

maybe he got the wrong guy

Sober or whether they are a drunk soi rat you can't tell a Thai. They are the masters of finger pointing, yet have a an elementary maturity level that cannot tolerate being put right.

Another winning moment for TAT and Thai-ness.

observer90210 post 29, good morning,

He is in the genes of native French, of origin, to defend his neighbor, without thinking about the consequences.
Whether a man or a woman who wants to defend a person in great danger.
It's in our education. It is not a question of condescendence, or moral lessons, it is our instinct that dictates it.
Like the Lieutenant-Colonel who, during a kidnapping by a dirty Arab, who had murdered 2 French, took the place of the cashier so that she could live. He was also murdered.

You should be a little more observant and thoughtful.

15 minutes ago, Jim walker said:

another 500 Baht fine its ok because it was a foreigner he murdered and we all know how nasty these foreigner's are trouble all the time so much to learn from  the nice polite kind Thai people

Nonsense, there won't be just a 500 baht fine. Foreigners should mind their own business. What would you think/do if I'd tell you not to pee outside of a guesthouse? 

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Rule #1 - DON'T GET INVOLVED.

Rule #1 Don't get involved

Rule #2 up to Rule #10 - See rule #1

Thai man beating Thai woman, Thai man yelling at a Thai woman, abusive drunk Thai men are all to be avoided at all costs regardless of how much you want to help or intervene. The life you save may well be your own.

3 minutes ago, sirocco said:

observer90210 post 29, good morning,

He is in the genes of native French, of origin, to defend his neighbor, without thinking about the consequences.
Whether a man or a woman who wants to defend a person in great danger.
It's in our education. It is not a question of condescendence, or moral lessons, it is our instinct that dictates it.
Like the Lieutenant-Colonel who, during a kidnapping by a dirty Arab, who had murdered 2 French, took the place of the cashier so that she could live. He was also murdered.

You should be a little more observant and thoughtful.

Yes,  what is right is right but,  make sure you carry a big stick if you are going to  enforce that right.

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Nonsense, there won't be just a 500 baht fine. Foreigners should mind their own business. What would you think/do if I'd tell you not to pee outside of a guesthouse? 

Steady.  Rule 1:  Never believe anything you hear.  (includes newspapers and tv.)

Rule 2:  Only ever believe half of what you see with your own eyes.

Remember that everything here is second hand.

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Rule #1 - DON'T GET INVOLVED.

+1 to that. I gave up on them long ago, don't care what they are doing, it's got SFA to do with me.

It's their country and I'm just a guest....blah blah blah...so be it. 

30 minutes ago, ekkamai said:

I think there is an undelying problem here, which is much more worrying. Negative attitude towards foreigners - be it expats or just tourists. We are - increasingly - the dirt they walk on, and agression is lurking lust below the surface. This is of course deeply unfair towards many Thais, and I have many dear Thai friends here, but overall the trend is definetely there. Personally I have had enough. I planned spend the rest of my life here, but that is no longer the plan. Other countries actually welcome retired expats. Give us decent visas and go out of their way to make it happen. I'll keep visiting Thailand, but I'll be damned, if I want to live my life where I am so obviously unwanted and all they want is my money. Visiting other countries in the region I have come to realize, that that famous Thai smile has emigrated too...!

I think you just might be right! I have been thinking the same.

Familiarity breeds contempt!

You are wrong dead wrong...he is pointing out the situation where trivial events lead to loss of life esp of foreigners...

thailand has one of the highest rates of injury/death in the world of tourists....

this is not just another stabbing....majority of stabbings know each other or economic incentive like robbery  or gang related....

this is random incident in a mainstream venue that seem to happen all the time....

for a country that is the 5th highest consumption of alcohol   In the world not per capita but overall volume...

Not it only does thailand has an alcohol problem from teenagers to older males, it has an alcohol- violence problem from murder to vehicular death to suicide....

thailand numbers in comparative country rankings are far closer to unfavorable rankings than to the average...

and benign situations involving alcohol and ending in violence catch tourists and ex pats culturally by surprise...

you can say South Africa Mexico and Thailand all in one sentence regarding disproportionately  bad outcomes for tourists...

7 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

'We are all just visitors'... eeer No. Some of us live here permanent.

Even after 15 years of constantly living here, I'm not more than a guest. Otherwise I'd already have a Thai passport and perhaps the right to buy land. 

Okay, let's rename it to long time visitors then. 

Archived