Frenchman stabbed to death by Thai at Bangkok guest house after intervening in argument

webfact

the french fella took issue with a local having a piss in the canal at 2am. not like he was pissing up his house was it. the thai, most likely drunk and also angry at the audacity of the frenchman went way over the top, to say the least and the innocent bloke gets killed trying to break it up. that's my take on it. RIP 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add that I just found out that the Thai guy that did this is a close friend that I have known for nearly 10 years I am shocked as he is a really nice guy there has to be more to this.

A lot of assumptions being made here about the guy are wrong.

I'm not defending what he did but I really know this guy well and he is not what you would think in the slightest.

I'm in shock  any questions go ahead? I know this guy very well indeed.

11 hours ago, JamieM said:

Just to add that I just found out that the Thai guy that did this is a close friend that I have known for nearly 10 years I am shocked as he is a really nice guy there has to be more to this.

I'm not defending what he did but I really know this guy well and he is not what you would think in the slightest.

I guess you did not know him very well.He did what he did nice guy or not.What could be his exuse?Lost face?

11 hours ago, JamieM said:

I guess you did not know him very well.He did what he did nice guy or not.What could be his exuse?Lost face?He is a murderer.

16 hours ago, jvs said:

I guess you did not know him very well.He did what he did nice guy or not.What could be his exuse?Lost face?

I did not say that I know him well half heatedly. This man is truly my friend  and as I said he is not what a lot of people on here think.

I have nothing to gain by lying here and quite frankly I don't care if you believe me but I have to let it be known this guy is not a bad guy.

I have to admit when I first read this story I had preconceived idea about the kind of man that would do something like this 5 days later I have now learned that it was someone I know well and when I say he is a nice guy I mean that this guy spends his spare time taking pictures of kittens and carving faces of his girlfriend into pieces of wood he is a genuinely lovely calm guy. One of the most chilled guys I have ever met.

I can only speculate as to what really happened that night as I was not there however I have spent many hours on many an evening at flapping duck with this man and his friends they are all very good people.

I can only suspect that something very unusual must of happened that night I suspect that the first french man must have been an absolute idiot to provoke this kind of response also he must have been very aggressive to the point where my friend feared for his life.

After much pondering I can only speculate that poor Leo must have fallen into the blade during some kind of fracas provoked by the first french guy as this is the only situation I can imagine.

RIP Leo. 

12 hours ago, Terek said:

foreigners should learn to respect other people pissing peacefully, why the heck Frenchman started to abuse Thai man? doing piss is human rights and physiology 

Exactly this is where culture comes into it also I know the arrangement at flapping duck there is a high chance the toilet was busy and knowing the guy involved I imagine he just popped out for a pee because the main toilet was busy he is a very quiet humble guy he speaks perfect English and he is an absolute gentleman the first french guy must have been an absolute <deleted>.

All the Thai's at flapping duck is mourning Leo they are even doing a ceremony today they are very upset I know a lot of them personally.

This is a tragic accident I think poor Leo must of got in front of a lunatic french guy and got pushed into the blade of an ultimately scared Thai.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, mercman24 said:

i know its in a western guys make-up to intervene, but this is the outcome, rip french guy, i wonder what the outcome of this will be, dont even ask. got to be premeditated murder in my book, but it will be *sorry, i was drunk* stock answer.

Do you understand what "premediated" means, I don't think the peeing in a drain is tantamount to a premediated murder.

1 hour ago, Farrows3399 said:

What a load of hogwash above. 3 observations: 1. Yes the Frenchman should have said nothing. 2. There are too many Thai apologist saps around here. 3. There are too many whacked out Thai males in this country. 

Because you know it all right ? Without knowing anything at all.

1 observation you are making sweeping assumptions about people you have no idea about. 

I have said i dont condone what happened but in my opinion there has to be more to it this is based on knowledge of the people involved the location and a lot of other factors.

Don't bother replying me i cant stand ignorance.

1 hour ago, rossd said:

Do you understand what "premediated" means, I don't think the peeing in a drain is tantamount to a premediated murder.

I think what he means is the fact that a knife was picked up. 

For the record the guy has been charged with 1st degree murder and is in klong prem prison now. So there goes all the theories about all thais get away with a 500bht fine etc

As ive said above i dont condone what's happened but i think Leo may have got caught by accident this is based on my knowledge of the scene and the people involved the scene is hugely important because if you know how its laid out you would know a lot more about how it likely went down and also why he was taking a pee there the guesthouse only has one toilet for the bar users to use.

Also you would have to have been here for a while to understand why telling a thai to stop pissing is a lot more embarrassing for the thai than it would be for us especially in front of an open plan bar with your girlfriend and all your friends listening.

2 hours ago, Farrows3399 said:

What a load of hogwash above. 3 observations: 1. Yes the Frenchman should have said nothing. 2. There are too many Thai apologist saps around here. 3. There are too many whacked out Thai males in this country. 

Couldnt you move away from the "Thai" "Thai apologist" angle and just see this as a murder , without having to mention peoples nationalities .

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Couldnt you move away from the "Thai" "Thai apologist" angle and just see this as a murder , without having to mention peoples nationalities .

Exactly if this guy were influenced by culture it would be ours as he spends most of his time in Europe and his gf is farrang so there goes a lot of other theories and presumptions in this thread about the guy from people that have no idea.

It is very simple - this is a perfect example of two extremes of idiocy (on either side of the spectrum) careening towards each other for a head-on collision.

On one end you have idiotic farang exhibit A, at a touristy spot, who insists on not minding his business and decides to mouth off to a drunk local about what he should and shouldn't do

On the other end you have your typical monkey-brained Somchai, with a severe case of small-willy syndrome who can fly off the handle at any pretext. A farang mouthing off to him presents the perfect opportunity to prove his masculinity, especially since the mianoi is around. A homicide is usually the best way.

Unfortunately, in situations like this there is always a risk of collateral damage.

Enter idiotic farang exhibit B - a wannabe good samaritan who should know better than getting involved in an argument, especially between a farang and a local and ultimately pays the price.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎03 at 6:48 PM, jvs said:

So i am talking to a dead man now.I would have grabbed my stupid friend and pull him away and tell him to mind his own business.Would i offer my life because of the stupid action of a friend?People like that would not be my friend in the first place.Yes i have knocked a friend of a barstool one time in Pattaya,probably saved his life and mine!!Not a friend anymore!

That's intervening! I never suggested that the friend should jump in 'guns blazing'. There's no indication in the story that the friend did so. I have only (and clearly) said that I would not stand by and do nothing. I would do exactly what you suggested. Others might try to come in between and try to calm the situation. That all counts as intervening! The victim in this situation may have done no more than you suggested, with the agitated and drunk Thai guy over-reacting to it or misinterpreting the victim's intentions. It happens. But that doesn't mean you just stand by....  

On 09/05/2018 at 9:59 AM, sanemax said:

Yes your probably right: It's most likely just a coincidence that  the terms Thai and Thai apologist would appear in of all places, Thailand. 

1 minute ago, Farrows3399 said:

Yes your probably right: It's most likely just a coincidence that  the terms Thai and Thai apologist would appear in of all places, Thailand. 

You seem to have missed my point .

What happened is the issue , where people come from is irrelevant 

• 6 months later...
On 5/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, morrobay said:

Right and dont even be around lowlife Thais that are drinking: anywhere or anytime. Those two Brits killed on Ko Tao were in a bar with Thais that fateful night. I  suspect that some altercation happened in that bar between the locals and the Brits before they were attacked,.

Yes I agree with you. I had some problem with a thai and he did something  bad to me but it wasn't a fight. Anyway it's their way of getting revenge. If someone puncture all 4 tyres of your car it's better than puncture your lungs, isn't it right? Never even talk to low life thais just wasting your time. Oh, better still don't talk at all.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, morrobay said:

Right and dont even be around lowlife Thais that are drinking: anywhere or anytime. Those two Brits killed on Ko Tao were in a bar with Thais that fateful night. I  suspect that some altercation happened in that bar between the locals and the Brits before they were attacked,.

Well said , drunk isaan men especially when the whiskey comes out. Nothing good comes of that, and any foreigner deciding to tell a man in his own country to not piss on the floor is diceing with a hiding to nothing, I wonder if the guy who started realises yet he caused the death. 

• 4 weeks later...

The rule I always obey When you see a drunk Thai Thai ignore him or her They are bad news. I walk around the village sometimes and there 5 drunk Thais at 2 in the afternoon calling out to me I just ignore them. I just think get a job you lazy pricks but not to there face otherwise I might not be writing this now

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 9:55 AM, mercman24 said:

i know its in a western guys make-up to intervene, but this is the outcome, rip french guy, i wonder what the outcome of this will be, dont even ask. got to be premeditated murder in my book, but it will be *sorry, i was drunk* stock answer.

Someone who spoke up and will never speak again, lawless country without morals that will never change

On 1/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, hadenoughofmefirst said:

Someone who spoke up and will never speak again, lawless country without morals that will never change

this happens way more than people think, some expats and tourists only think that the crimes bangkokpost or thaivisanews publish is the only crimes, but 95% is in thai news and sometimes murder cases or violent crime never get published in thai news, also news in thailand disapear fast

Archived