Business visa, questions

1) Is getting 1-year biz visa as easy as paying $300? I pay and I get it, all legal and official, no additional documents, right?

2) After I've gotten it, what my status becomes: a cambodian biz/company owner or still a tourist? if the 1st option, do they give me some additional biz documents?

3) Do more bank become inclined to open an account for me if I have a biz visa?

22 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Not any more,  Now u need a letter of employment and a a wp to get an extension of stay based on employment

U can get a EG extension ( 6 months) based on looking for work.

is that also if you have a pension ?

my last 1 year cambodia biz visa ended in march this year,

not a single problem as far as visa concerned.

i wouldnt really know what it takes, i just gave

a guy my passport and some pics and some money and he fixed it for me, every year

If you are retired, you can extend your original one month ordinary visa based on retirement, type ER-visa, 3 months

single-entry, 6 months or 1 year multi-entry, very easy, most travel travel agencies can do it, no need even for photo,

just passport.

need be over 55 and thats all

on arrival get an Ordinary visa $35

and extend to an ER extension thru any agent..

If ur under an NOT employed ur ONLY option other than tourist visa's is the 6 month EG extension,

What do I need to get the biz visa?

you need be employed..

Laws all changed this year, getting rid of the low life's

I'm not retired and not over 55
this year? A youtube blogger shot a video  a couple of months ago. And the fact it was well possible to  get 1 year biz visa easily by paying $300. He's knowlegeble in this very topic. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, chado said:

I'm not retired and not over 55
this year? A youtube blogger shot a video  a couple of months ago. And the fact it was well possible to  get 1 year biz visa easily by paying $300. He's knowlegeble in this very topic.  

I understand the rules changed in September of last year. I even asked in Siem Reap when I was there just a few days ago. What PhuketRichard stated is correct - 6 months EG visa is possible without any documents (for $162 or thereabouts, which is the same price as the EB extension is/was). However, within this 6 month period (or 7 months including the initial 1-month ordinary visa) either you have to find work and a willing sponsor or start a business. Otherwise, you will have to leave the country.

I presume you could probably just get another ordinary visa and second EG extension and keep doing that for a while (in case you can't find work or want to hang around, work online or whatever). It's untested right now as the laws just changed, but given that many "expats" in Thailand did just that with tourist visas for many years and it remains possible to do so to some extent and keeping in mind Thailand's visa rules are much more stringent than those of Cambodia, I can imagine you could easily get away with doing this (ordinary visa + EG extension, visa run, new ordinary visa + EG extension) and repeat without any issues. There are expats based in Vietnam that do this, over there it's possible to spend up to 9 months in the country before needing to do a visa run. Some agencies can still issue a 12-month visa and there may be ways of extending this through an agency. Of course anyone with legitimate work and a work permit doesn't need to go in an out - I'm referring to people not working (or not working legally) and retired folks (as there is to my knowledge no retirement visa in Vietnam, please correct me if I'm wrong).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, jimster said:

I understand the rules changed in September of last year. I even asked in Siem Reap when I was there just a few days ago. What PhuketRichard stated is correct - 6 months EG visa is possible without any documents (for $162 or thereabouts, which is the same price as the EB extension is/was). However, within this 6 month period (or 7 months including the initial 1-month ordinary visa) either you have to find work and a willing sponsor or start a business. Otherwise, you will have to leave the country.

Leaving the country isn't a big deal for me. Then I can return in a month and get a new 6-month EG visa?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:07 AM, phuketrichard said:

as confirmed on CEO forum, with a poster visiting immigration....as of yesretday

u can get unlimited 6 month EG extensions after leaving and re-entering

Thats as of YESTERDAY
tomorrow???
who knows

They won't change things that quickly, it's Cambodia. Cambodia will probably have similar immigration laws to Thailand in 10-15 years time and only recently introduced the 6 month EG visa and the work permit requirement to get an EB visa.

Not sure if it's possible to just pay for a work permit without actually working in order to stay on an EB visa. I would say yes, but depends on the agent. It's all about the $$ anyway.

Archived