BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

British man in Pattaya killed himself after amassing huge debts supporting Thai wife

6 hours ago, tropo said:

If there's no will, then what? We all have choices and can decide when we want to check out. 68 is not far off the average life expectancy in Thailand of 75, and who's to say he wasn't terminally ill. We really don't know much about this man.

True.  However, in most western jurisdictions, it is still illegal to kill oneself and/or assist someone else to do so.  Whether that is right or wrong is a hotly debated topic.

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

However, in most western jurisdictions, it is still illegal to kill oneself and/or assist someone else to do so. 

And please explain how one can be prosecuted when they are dead. As far as assisted suicide, see the following:

As of March 2018, human euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia, Luxembourg, Canada and India. Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, Germany, South Korea, Japan, and in the US states of Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Hawaii, Vermont, Montana, Washington DC, and California.

Please get your facts straight :)

On 5/4/2018 at 10:07 AM, poanoi said:

he was 68, his life was over, the only bit left was dying in poverty,

good for him its over

Life is not over when you're 68 , that's for sure, if your mental health is still good. 

This guy is 94 , his name is Olav Thon , one of the richest billionaires in Norway. His life is not over.  Walks into the office every day.

But even without money , you can still have a decent life as an old man. 

I would rather live alone than having to pay for a woman I met in a Pattaya bar. 

32458.jpg

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

I was stationed at RAF St Athan and I could never get over the horizontal rain. Down Bridgend way in the summer it used to be very nice.

I did my BE training as an armorer there and the rain is something to behold

9 hours ago, TMNH said:

And please explain how one can be prosecuted when they are dead. As far as assisted suicide, see the following:

As of March 2018, human euthanasia is legal in the Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia, Luxembourg, Canada and India. Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, Germany, South Korea, Japan, and in the US states of Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Hawaii, Vermont, Montana, Washington DC, and California.

Please get your facts straight :)

No, you get your facts straight instead of the fake news.  It is not legal in most of those jurisdictions.  Provide references, data sources, and a legal opinion for each one (as well as independent verifiable stats for each country of how many cases have been done) if you wish to prove your point.

Attempted suicide is a criminal offence in many jurisdictions.

6 hours ago, balo said:

Life is not over when you're 68 , that's for sure, if your mental health is still good. 

This guy is 94 , his name is Olav Thon , one of the richest billionaires in Norway. His life is not over.  Walks into the office every day.

But even without money , you can still have a decent life as an old man. 

I would rather live alone than having to pay for a woman I met in a Pattaya bar. 

32458.jpg

what is that strange hat he is wearing?  It looks like a door mat.

49 minutes ago, torrzent said:

what is that strange hat he is wearing? 

It's his trademark , you won't find a picture of him without it. Btw, he is the 198th richest person in the world so he must have been doing something right, even at old age.  He started with nothing. 

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

No, you get your facts straight instead of the fake news.  It is not legal in most of those jurisdictions.  Provide references, data sources, and a legal opinion for each one (as well as independent verifiable stats for each country of how many cases have been done) if you wish to prove your point.

Attempted suicide is a criminal offence in many jurisdictions.

You're not worth my time replying...research and get back to me:)

7 minutes ago, TMNH said:

You're not worth my time replying

And yet you replied....as noted total fake news!

17 minutes ago, balo said:

It's his trademark , you won't find a picture of him without it. Btw, he is the 198th richest person in the world so he must have been doing something right, even at old age.  He started with nothing. 

well..he started off being born in norway so he was half way there

the day he was born

1 minute ago, torrzent said:

And yet you replied....as noted total fake news!

You're fake- not news :) READ!!!!!!!!!!

Lesson No 1 all you expats. Never fall for a Bar Girl who gives you great sex and leads you to marry her after 1 month. The only thing she has on her mind and it is not your old penis but your bank account. If you are 68 years old at least look for a Thai lady in her 40s or 50s because these old boilers are getting to the stage where they want to settle down because they are getting older  Some don't but I reckon 70% of these old boilers will. Ok Have the great sex with the bar girl don't give her anything and move on  

Two flame posts have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I did my BE training as an armorer there and the rain is something to behold

Another Brat. 

Brownknees did his Aircraft Electricians Brat course starting at Cosford and finishing at Saints.

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Lesson No 1 all you expats. Never fall for a Bar Girl who gives you great sex and leads you to marry her after 1 month. The only thing she has on her mind and it is not your old penis but your bank account. If you are 68 years old at least look for a Thai lady in her 40s or 50s because these old boilers are getting to the stage where they want to settle down because they are getting older  Some don't but I reckon 70% of these old boilers will. Ok Have the great sex with the bar girl don't give her anything and move on  

You do realise that the wife is 55 years old?