British man in Pattaya killed himself after amassing huge debts supporting Thai wife

webfact

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

WE  see it all the time here guys, i just got a text from a bar girl who worked in BKK, just known this guy for less than a month (christ he is shit ugly) should have spent some money on his teeth,  i bet he thought he had won the lottery, he he, she said, we married now,, he buy me a 2 bed condo in Udon Thani,  i reply, well done, good for you,,  lol

Too right, a fool and his money.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pension of 1,100gbp/month isn't exactly broke IMHO.

I manage to live on that, supporting a wife, home loan, and 3 children.

One needs to fit ones lifestyle to ones income.

Killing yourself rather than adjusting your spending isn't the way to go.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Helloooooooo.... Sharks are everywhere in Thailand, beware !!!

Yeah you never find good time gold diggers anywhere in the world but thailand.

Seriously the guy met a woman less than half his age, in a bar , where she worked as a prostitute???

He married her a month later.

Dreadful he committed suicide but I would ask the question...would he marry a woman from Wales who was a prostitute? Probably no .

I believe the expression is caveat emptor

3 hours ago, Lingba said:

why kill yourself?....geez...dump her and move on...and I am not being insensitive...these guys need to grow up emotionally

People kill themselves while the balance of their mind is disturbed.  It does no good to rationalize why they do it- since that is the very ability that is impaired. I would not say you are being insensitive....as such!

5 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

I would ask the question...would he marry a woman from Wales who was a prostitute?

Have you ever met a Welsh prostitute?

If you had, you wouldn't need to ask this question.

He later worked in Thailand as an English teacher in order to try and earn extra money after buying his ex wife a car, a business and furnishing her home in Khon Kaen.  

I understand where some of his depressions came from. RIP, you were too good for her. 

57 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

A pension of 1,100gbp/month isn't exactly broke IMHO.

I manage to live on that, supporting a wife, home loan, and 3 children.

One needs to fit ones lifestyle to ones income.

Killing yourself rather than adjusting your spending isn't the way to go.

You obviously didn't read one word of the article did you?

The best actresses in the world.

And why not when idiot farangs line up to marry bar girls and then proceed to blow a lifetime of saved money on street smart whores.

Serves them right but killing yourself? Jeez the dude could have put away a few hundred dollars for a one way ticket to nanny welfare state

And what about the 50k? The mug jumped and somebody is now screwed. that's a low act!

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

And why not when idiot farangs line up to marry bar girls and then proceed to blow a lifetime of saved money on street smart whores.

Serves them right but killing yourself? Jeez the dude could have put away a few hundred dollars for a one way ticket to nanny welfare state

But you are looking at stuff from YOUR mindset, we are all different...

Nobody in Thailand is really going to care for a farang who just did his job in financing a Thai woman...after all that's what farangs are for in Thailand ?

RIP to the poor chap and hope others don't fall into the female-thai-golddiggers-spider-web !

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

No mention of age of those involved, but I would be willing to bet the wife was probably half his age, and someone he could never get under normal circumstances, except in Thailand. 

Then you would likely lose that bet. Being reported that the wife is 55 and the new girlfriend 49.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

You really dont need to speak broken English in posts , you are speaking to English speaking people , no need to speak like you are speaking to a bargirl

He was quoting what the bargirl said or wrote -  Unfortunately he omitted the quotation marks. He knew what he was doing .............

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

No mention of age of those involved, but I would be willing to bet the wife was probably half his age, and someone he could never get under normal circumstances, except in Thailand. 

Well he met her in a bar in Pattaya so it is very unlikely she was anywhere near his age.  Married within a month?  Yep sounds about right.  Bled him dry? Yep that sounds about right too.  Once the money runs out she moves on to the next farang mug?  So far all perfectly normal behaviour.  Yet another sad story of gullible foreigners falling for the Pattaya curse, although it happens all over Thailand.

For those of us who have found good partners in Thailand, we should count ourselves very lucky....  I know I do!

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

She is 49. Some people are gonna have to go back and tweak their cut and paste posts a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

49!  Must have been the oldest bargirl in town unless she kept him on the hook for thirty years! 

Archived