British man in Pattaya killed himself after amassing huge debts supporting Thai wife

webfact

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Never fall for a Bar Girl who gives you great sex and leads you to marry her after 1 month.

Most women forget about having sex with you after a month or two of marriage.

Great sex would be a bonus IMHO.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 hours ago, balo said:

Life is not over when you're 68 , that's for sure, if your mental health is still good. 

This guy is 94 , his name is Olav Thon , one of the richest billionaires in Norway. His life is not over.  Walks into the office every day.

But even without money , you can still have a decent life as an old man. 

I would rather live alone than having to pay for a woman I met in a Pattaya bar. 

The problem is that you're seeing everything from your own point of view, as a healthy old person with sufficient money to continue for a certain number of years. Good for you!

You say: "you can still have a decent life as an old man". Yes, you CAN, but most don't.

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most women forget about having sex with you after a month or two of marriage.

Great sex would be a bonus IMHO.

That's a very biased point of view. What about the large percentage of men that lose interest in sex with their wives after they get married... especially in a place where it's readily available.

As I have previously posted on this particular thread I feel very sorry and sad for the guy, however the headline is a little misleading, it says that he "amassed huge debts supporting his Thai wife" he basically blew his stash by buying her a new car, furnishing her house in Khon Kaen and paying for a business that she didn't have a clue how to run, if he had put his foot down and said NO, enough is enough, while he still had money in the bank then he might still be alive today.

Still, a very sad story that no doubt we will hear again and again.

Bargirls still believe our money grows on trees.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, phycokiller said:

its SE Asia. if you want a gf you have to support all the brothers and sisters and sick mamas too. best just to rent them short time.

PHYCOKILLER  I bet you don't really mean that and your really an old softie with a big heart ....

21 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's a very biased point of view. What about the large percentage of men that lose interest in sex with their wives after they get married... especially in a place where it's readily available.

Never met a healthy man of any age who wouldn't have sex every day, if it were easily available (and the woman offering wasn't a complete monster).

I guess there a few who are seriously ill that no longer have the urge.

3 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Never met a healthy man of any age who wouldn't have sex every day, if it were easily available (and the woman offering wasn't a complete monster).

I guess there a few who are seriously ill that no longer have the urge.

You talking about sex again ?

You seem to get the urge to talk about sex everyday

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You talking about sex again ?

You seem to get the urge to talk about sex everyday

Sex, beer, eating, football, foreign travel ........... probably 95% of my conversation taken care of.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sex, beer, eating, football, foreign travel ........... probably 95% of my conversation taken care of.

Although your TV posts seem to consist of : 50 % about you having sex , 25 % about having sex with 18 year olds and 25 % about other people having sex

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Pretty much 100% for me add golf. :)

I often think many males forget why they came here.

Mostly for the same reasons you list.  But then, they get a livein GF or married or some physical or performance issue and decide to throw out judgement.

Crazy.....

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although your TV posts seem to consist of : 50 % about you having sex , 25 % about having sex with 18 year olds and 25 % about other people having sex

If you follow all his posts that close you have a major problem. If you don’t, it’s a useless throw away stat. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

If you follow all his posts that close you have a major problem. If you don’t, it’s a useless throw away stat. 

Like most stats, he just made it up.

If you look only at my tv 'activity' today about 50% sex and 50% foreign travel.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Pretty much 100% for me add golf. :)

I often think many males forget why they came here.

Mostly for the same reasons you list.  But then, they get a livein GF or married or some physical or performance issue and decide to throw out judgement.

I didnt come to Thailand for prostitution and paying for sex, just isnt my thing . never has been

24 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Beer gives you man boobs, and lower your testosteoron and increase your estrogen. Good luck

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I didnt come to Thailand for prostitution and paying for sex, just isnt my thing . never has been

OK, no problem I can respect that.

Who said anything about prostitution but even if they did, why care?

People do not know about a guys past.  Maybe in a 30 year bad marriage with a total B where he never had sex for many years.

Or maybe had a brain tumor.....

Now here in later life wanting to enjoy many different ladies.

In reality it is an agreement between 2 people for a service.

Most of the time both leave happy.

For me, this town is the last place I want to be judged.  

I am so happy there is a place like Pattaya in the world so I can enjoy and do what I want to do.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:39 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Helloooooooo.... Sharks are everywhere in Thailand, beware !!!

Yep, and the deepest and most severe cuts are invisible to the naked eye.

However, this dumb guy at least made a plan before jumping. Even before renting the place. I mean 18th floor is sure to do the work.

Knew him. His new lady was running the coffee shop on the 2nd floor at Central Marina and both were there almost every day  His new lady is very nice and heard today from another customer (also from Wales) that they were planing to be married.I didnt know about his ex-wife.  RIP

On 5/4/2018 at 9:22 AM, sanemax said:

There are many Thais who are quite considerate and helpful and are willing to help other people for nothing in return 

Yes. His new Thai lady is like that. I know her better than him as I am an everyday customer at her coffee shop. Too bad he didn't meet her first instead of the bargirl  

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

marrying the first ho who says "sexy man"....what could possibly go wring?

Is it only bar girls who make trouble for men in Thailand ? 

Or could it be the combination the men and the women who find each other in bars? 

On 04/05/2018 at 1:24 PM, InMyShadow said:

And why not when idiot farangs line up to marry bar girls and then proceed to blow a lifetime of saved money on street smart whores.

Serves them right but killing yourself? Jeez the dude could have put away a few hundred dollars for a one way ticket to nanny welfare state

And what about the 50k? The mug jumped and somebody is now screwed. that's a low act!

It's not an easy option any more especially if they know you've been living overseas. The days of homeless men over the age of 60 in the UK being considered vulnerable and given priority are long gone.

A fellow I know who is about this chap's age went back to London for financial and health reasons and was told to come back to the National Health Service hospital in 10 days time without even being examined. He was given a bed in a hostel from 9 pm and but had to leave the premises at 8 .30 am.

He had to ring the organisation in the daytime to find out where the hostel was located that he was going to be put in that night. That way they could be sure he was in fact homeless. He was refused any financial help.

Elderly Englishmen who have been sunning themselves in more agreeable climates for a few years are not the flavour of the month in the UK when it comes to social housing or health treatment. The fact that they paid tax and National Health insurance all through their working lives counts for nothing and is more or less generally held against them.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Elderly Englishmen who have been sunning themselves in more agreeable climates for a few years are not the flavour of the month in the UK when it comes to social housing or health treatment. The fact that they paid tax and National Health insurance all through their working lives counts for nothing and is more or less generally held against them.

This is very true.  I will be taking early retirement later this year. Friends and colleagues know my wife is Thai and that we often come to Thailand. When I say I'm going to move to Thailand I often get a comment back along the lines of 'don't come back to use the NHS'.  This growing hostility to ex-pats is quite a recent thing IMO - the UK is becoming a rather strange place.

8 hours ago, Merzik said:

I know her better than him as I am an everyday customer at her coffee shop

How is she taking it ? Is the coffee shop still open ? Did he also finance her before this happened? 

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

This is very true.  I will be taking early retirement later this year. Friends and colleagues know my wife is Thai and that we often come to Thailand. When I say I'm going to move to Thailand I often get a comment back along the lines of 'don't come back to use the NHS'.  This growing hostility to ex-pats is quite a recent thing IMO - the UK is becoming a rather strange place.

I can well believe it. Blokes who holiday in Thailand have often been resented by so called friends and even vilified behind their backs.

Another of my friends who at the time was about 75 had spent a few months in Thailand, he was not even an expat and in fact had a flat in which he lived in culturally diverse East London. He got taken ill and returned to LHR from where he was taken to a local hospital. A doctor saw him and sneered 'Oh I see you've been living in Thailand and now you've come back to use the NHS have you.' 

He received basic treatment for his ailment and as a rather frail, exhausted and nervous 75 year old man was left at the hospital gates at 10 pm in a wheelchair to await a mini cab that had been summoned to collect him. He'd worked all his life up till then driving a London taxi and had paid his dues into the pot. He'd also served three years in the Royal Navy doing his national service. He was still visiting Pattaya until recently and is now around 82 years old.

The doctor who made those remarks was not even 'British' at least not by birth. My pal was in no condition to take the doctors name and report him to the appropriate authorities and had no one with him who could have done so. I would have refused to leave the hospital without that doctor's name.

You be very careful about how you manage your journeys to and from the LOS and who you tell about them.

Until recently visitors to Pattaya will have been familiar with Crazy Dave's diner in Soi Chayapoon. The cabaret show that he (Dave) and his wife occasionally put on for his punters in the small hours when they were drunk was quite famous among expats and long term visitors in the locality who used the cafe.

He became ill and went back to the UK. He visited a London hospital and having seen a consultant was presented with a bill for 900 GBPs. That was not for any treatment or an operation. Just a consultation. Before he came to Thailand he'd also had to pay his dues into the pot.

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

For me, this town is the last place I want to be judged.

Unfortunately that ain´t gonná happen. :cheesy:

If one put himself in one of the sleaziest cities in the world, and at the same time engage in all the buffé of flesh beeing offered.

Yeah, I guess you know the answer to that. It´s easy. Both the one and the city is going to be judged to fall deep down in the pit of unforgivable sin and lust in the flesh.
On the other hand, the one would probably have jumped freely.

This man just choosed the wrong jump. After having such a good education in long and short time relations, he should have choosen to jump into the pit for more cozplay. Not from the 18th floor. I just guess it was a judgemental misstake he overlooked and didn´t realize until after he spread his wings.

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

Is it only bar girls who make trouble for men in Thailand ? 

Or could it be the combination the men and the women who find each other in bars? 

You read similar tragic Thai Visa news from the past and it's easy to draw conclusions.

Bar girls are not someone you want to be associated with in Thailand.

Archived