What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A new thread for Movies and TV Shows you are currently watching or have just watched.

I'll start with two from today.

Wreck it Ralph (also in 3D)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772341/

One for the kids. PG rated. Saw this one with my nephew at the cinema. Had some good laughs in for the kids. Some great animation and would be worth seeing in 3D

Les Miserables

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

I had been looking forward to seeing this one. I have seen previous versions of this story on film and with the star studded cast and being a musical I was keen to see it. I did watch it on the small screen, not at the Cinema, so not sure if that made a difference.

Frankly, after 40 minutes I was praying the cast would not be breaking into any more song. God (your choice of flavour) did not answer my prayers and the singing continues onwards for another couple of hours

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilfred (U.S. version) with Jason Gann & Elijah Wood. HILARIOUS!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703925/

Ill add that to my download list. I had no idea there was an American series. I watched a few of the Australian series and it had some good laughs.

The guy (Jason Gann) who played the dog in the original Australian series is playing the dog in the US series also.

I got into Tales of Para Handy on Youtube while helPing the wee lad with his homework - he had to do some geography homework about a river, and I thought comic tales of the impact of alcohol on estuarine navigation would be right on the button. Fortunately he's not so daft, so while I was distracted downloading the next episode, he could get on with his homework...

SC

@Bookman, They only aired the US version in the UK. I just bought the box set to laugh all over again but i didn't want to gamble on the Australian version in case it wasn't as good. Jason Gann steals the show.

Also, An Idiot Aboad 3: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2150623/ is hilarious.Season 3 is by far the funniest.

I have heard nothing but good things about An Idiot Abroad. Ill add that to my viewing list also.

Another current release:

Django Unchained. A Quentin Tarantino movie. I went into this one not knowing what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. Certainly Tarantino fans will love it

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago. Django and Schultz's search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of "Candyland," an infamous plantation. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson), Candie's trusted house slave. -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/

Downton Abbey. My sister brought me the whole boxed set of there series. I cant put it down and am on course to have watched the entire 20 hours over 3 daysbiggrin.png . An intense injection of English culture, superbly crafted.

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty. Not that good to be honest, just fast forward, watch a couple of explosions and the finale.

Also the first episode of Utopia. A very weird (and quite violent) new series from C4.

If you watch this after the torture scenes in Zero Dark Thirty you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

Some I recently watched and found good to aaaaaaaaawesome:

The Dark Knight rises (gripping end of a saga), Prometheus (probably one of the best SciFi- flics in recent years), Cabin in the woods (a VERY clever and sometimes hillarious horror movie),

Sinister (great shocker), Ted (non- PC, silly , funny), ParaNorman (big animation fan...this is the best of last year!) and Life of Pi (a movie, so beautiful, it made me cry!)

I just watched Cabin in the Woods and thought that it REALLY SUCKED. It seems to be a love it or hate it movie from the online reviews by regular people.

I thought that Argo was really good and Zero Dark Thirty was well done, but not exceptional.

Cabin may not be everybodies cup of earl grey! I enjoyed the hell out of it!

• 4 months later...

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty. Not that good to be honest, just fast forward, watch a couple of explosions and the finale.

Also the first episode of Utopia. A very weird (and quite violent) new series from C4.

If you watch this after the torture scenes in Zero Dark Thirty you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty last night (to be honest, had never heard of it before) Yes, it is pretty slow in places but I thought it was well portrayed in the hunt for Bin Laden from 2004 onwards.

Have to say I enjoyed it even though it is about 2 1/2 hours long!

He died in the end anyway..................tongue.png

I have watched Fast and Furious 6 last night. OMG. that was an amazing movie. The story of this movie is really good and full of action. I plan to watched again this movie. If you want to come then most welcome.... And if don't then must watch this movie.

I have watched Fast and Furious 6 last night. OMG. that was an amazing movie. The story of this movie is really good and full of action. I plan to watched again this movie. If you want to come then most welcome.... And if don't then must watch this movie.

This is one movie I want to see in the cinema on the big screen.

Just saw "Looper" on DVD! Very interesting! If you are into that kind of stuff, also check out "Source Code"

Rian Johnson, the director, released an MP3 with his commentary - not sure if it was on your DVD - but it is pretty cool to listen to and watch the film..

Also, maybe check out "Brick", an earlier collaboration between Johnson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. "The Bloom Brothers" was OK.

F6 was awesome. Can't wait for F7.

On TV, "Longmire" (A & E) just started up season 2. Still waiting for the final eight eps. of Breaking Bad (~ Aug. 11).

• 3 weeks later...

Star Trek Voyager series on dvd. Also any number of the movies I like to rewatch from time to time, we were soldiers, the lost platoon, the Shrek series, Kungfu Panda (for a laugh), the list goes on.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new show premiering today on Showtime, "Ray Donovan", starring Liev Schrieber, Jon Voight, Elliot Gould, Steven Bauer.

Based on the first episode it looks like it could be fantastic - I loved it. Modern, yet noirish, looks to be based loosely on famous Hollywood fixers like Eddie Mannix, the guy who killed Superman.

http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/home

Just watched Olympus Has Fallen last night. (Whitehouse gets taken over by N. Korean terrorists)

Must admit I thought it was OK going on Good, action all the way. If there are any Bruce Willis Die Hard fans out there, this is one for you.

Video Graphics are good; would be worth watching on the big screen.

Just watched Olympus Has Fallen last night. (Whitehouse gets taken over by N. Korean terrorists)

Must admit I thought it was OK going on Good, action all the way. If there are any Bruce Willis Die Hard fans out there, this is one for you.

Video Graphics are good; would be worth watching on the big screen.

Awesome cast.

Not to be confused with "Whitehouse Down". ;)

Archived