What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally saw "The Descendants" couple nights ago (been meaning to since it came out over a year ago): liked it very much.

Well written and masterfully directed I thought, with solid performances from everyone in it. Just short, perhaps, of a "great" film but very good.

Finally saw "The Descendants" couple nights ago (been meaning to since it came out over a year ago): liked it very much.

Well written and masterfully directed I thought, with solid performances from everyone in it. Just short, perhaps, of a "great" film but very good.

I enjoyed that movie. Not what I had expected it to be at all

I particularly liked the way, to my mind, no one in the film was vilified even though everyone was flawed and some or all weren't on the face of it very likable but you still like everyone or at least don't dislike them like you would had the film been made differently: it's not that you don't see their flaws or don't dislike them but you forgive them. ..or something.

And the one person that it seems like would be the most likely to inspire sympathy is the one whom is the least likeable - a woman in a coma.

But maybe all of that is just me!

I particularly liked the way, to my mind, no one in the film was vilified even though everyone was flawed and some or all weren't on the face of it very likable but you still like everyone or at least don't dislike them like you would had the film been made differently: it's not that you don't see their flaws or don't dislike them but you forgive them. ..or something.

And the one person that it seems like would be the most likely to inspire sympathy is the one whom is the least likeable - a woman in a coma.

Id agree with that summation SteeleJoe.

Another recent-ish George Clooney movie (2009 ) is Up in The Air. Again, there were some twists and turns in that movie which surprised and I found it better than I thought it would.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/

Id agree with that summation SteeleJoe.

Another recent-ish George Clooney movie (2009 ) is Up in The Air. Again, there were some twists and turns in that movie which surprised and I found it better than I thought it would.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/

I really, really liked "Up In the Air". And I didn't expect to. I thought it was excellent in every way that I recall.

Clooney is pretty remarkable I think: a TV star - which in the US, almost always means that's all you'll be no matter how big a TV star you are - and a guy who one might easily dismiss as very charming and goo looking but without substance who turned out to be a very solid actor, a good writer, a good director, and someone with a certain amount of artistic integrity who tends to go for quality projects (even the Oceans movies are good for their genre and helmed by a first rate director - and good friend of Clooney's).

I suspect we'll see some more good stuff from him, as a filmmaker if not an actor, and I'd not be very surprised if by the time he dies or retires, he winds up being regarded as one of the major players to come along.

Currently watching tv series "Continuum"

Thanks for that. I hadn't head of it before. Ill try a few episodes.

Don't waste your time, it's really dire.

I don't believe I've ever heard an American use "dire" in that way...

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/07/12/news/nh7243978.txt

If it's good enough for the Ohio Herald, it's good enough for me.

Just sayin'.

http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/07/12/news/nh7243978.txt

If it's good enough for the Ohio Herald, it's good enough for me.

You actually went searching for that?!

Huh.

Well, anyway that's a different use altogether. Of course Americans use it in that way (though typically in formal writing like a newspaper). I just don't recall having heard it used as you did - except by people from the UK.

Well, anyway that's a different use altogether. Of course Americans use it in that way (though typically in formal writing like a newspaper). I just don't recall having heard it used as you did - except by people from the UK.

The only other person on ThaiVisa to use the word as I did, appears to be an Australian.

See if you can find another!

The only other person on ThaiVisa to use the word as I did, appears to be an Australian.

See if you can find another!

No, thanks.

Everyone different taste na krup. I downloaded and watched the first 3 eps last week, and I'm hooked now. It's kinda scifi which I usually don't like, but this one I do like somehow. Give it a go a few eps and decide after :)

For all people in Thailand or Taiwan

This is a good selection which I am now watching

ANG LEE did a great job with this one

This film has swinging in the upper middle class 'burbs

Just like some of us fondly recall it

But mostly we are not that old

So we fondly recall getting it on with some girl in NYC

While waiting to take the LongIsland Railroad back out of the city.

The Long Island often went dead back then.

I loved it when it did that.

Enjoy this flick if you have not already seen it.

Great soundtrack by the way.

Not enough good I can say about it, really.

I just like decadence among the middle class.

I wish I could watch it again

As if I had never seen it before.

Maybe someday I can

When dementia kicks in.

Well then, if you say so, it must be good.

I will watch it tomorrow.

Thank you.

The last good bit of Television I enjoyed featuring a girl

Was that hot nurse, with the drug problem.

I could not get enough of her.

If I had a nurse, I would want her to be just the same way.

Now THAT was a very witty show in the beginning,

But sort of petered out a bit.

There should be many more episodes,

I would watch.

Hopefully this Orange series will be better than the trailer.

I just really don't like to watch fighting on American TV these days,

Just like many guys on TV don't like to watch women getting slapped on the Thai soaps, every day.

But we shall see.

Thanks.

Krap.

Well then, if you say so, it must be good.

I will watch it tomorrow.

Thank you.

The last good bit of Television I enjoyed featuring a girl

Was that hot nurse, with the drug problem.

I could not get enough of her.

If I had a nurse, I would want her to be just the same way.

Now THAT was a very witty show in the beginning, 

But sort of petered out a bit.

There should be many more episodes, 

I would watch.

Hopefully this Orange series will be better than the trailer.

I just really don't like to watch fighting on American TV these days, 

Just like many guys on TV don't like to watch women getting slapped on the Thai soaps, every day.

But we shall [see.

Thanks.

Nurse Jackie. That started well but lost its way... I stopped watching it in series 2

OK, I see.

Orange, 13 Episodes

My butler went out and will be driving back with all 13 in about a half hour or so.

The only problem with this may be

If the show is really riveting

Then no one will hear from me for about 24 hours while I marathon the whole thing in one fell swoop.

That is what happened with breaking bad

The only thing was, if you wanted to watch all episodes of breaking bad in one sitting

Then you really needed some of that blue crystal stuff to stay awake that long, I suppose.

Don't worry about me though

I do not do drugs.

That is about the only thing I do not do.

Thank you for the encouragement to try this Orange thingy.

I really hope it is good

Been a long time

Archived