Video: Find these nasty farang thieves - there's a 5,000 baht reward if you do.

rooster59

Video: Find these nasty farang thieves - there's a 5,000 baht reward if you do.

31891035_1879437152068440_1763641012007206912_n.jpg

A Thai woman has gone on Facebook in a plea to catch a pair of foreign tourist thieves who were caught on CCTV stealing a staff members iPhone from an office area near the Tha Pae gate in Chiang Mai.

Poster Pholsomsuk Paisarn said that the foreigners came into the office wanting to use the toilets. Moments before a staff member had left her iPhone on a sofa while she went off to do something in another room.

The video - in two clips - showed the man cover the phone with a bag then later place it in a backpack.

The poster said that staff were frustrated with this terrible behavior and clubbed together to get a reward of 5,000 baht for the return of the phone.

If you know who they are and can get them arrested please call 053 272 855 or 094 635 2892.

A report has already been lodged with local police after the theft that happened on Friday.

Source: Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-05

UPDATE

Thaivisa understands the couple are French and were arrested at Chiang Mai airport this morning.

More details to follow. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don´t get it. I was raised to react in a different way. If I found something laying like that, I would go and leave it at the reception. I thought that was common sense.
However, today we appearently heve grown ups in disguise of normal family travellers, that suddenly get a kick out of stealing.

Another thing that I for my life can´t get. Still nobody understands that there are cameras and webcams everywhere today. Stupidity out of enormuos proportions.

3 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

errr they gotta catch em first.

thats usually the way it works!

Shouldn’t take long, they won't be able to lie low for very long as his gf doesn't look like she could stay away from anywhere that sells carbohydrates for any amount of time.

Hang on to your enthusiasm everyone, the very same would have happened had a non farang person see that unattended phone and that phone would be gone as quick if not quicker.. so what is all the fuss here?

just because they're foreigners? talking about casting the first stone...

Have these low life dimwits not heard of CCTV?   It's been around a while now and is everywhere. Hopefully these brainless thieves will get their comeuppance.

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Hang on to your enthusiasm everyone, the very same would have happened had a non farang person see that unattended phone and that phone would be gone as quick if not quicker.. so what is all the fuss here?

Another happy expat

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Who says that the very same thing would have happened?  Not everyone is a thief.

51 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Big Joke's going to get them. I give this 48 hours. Our European friends will not be leaving Thailand any time soon.

Im sure they look more American than European.. though.. they do have a low BMI.. so your probably right. (joking here why do you think they are European ?)

One thing I never understand about situations like this in which a couple is involved in a crime:  How could anyone date or associate with someone who thinks it's ok to do something like this?  What type of person dates or even associates with someone like this?  Even if you were a person of low moral standards, would you want to hang out with someone you couldn't trust?  That's the biggest mystery to me.

Petty opportunistic theft is being punished peculiarly harsh by the TV peanut gallery... and the rhetoric, try and replace the word "farang" in the subject with "Thai" and see how it sounds... I think the most disgusting about this story is the way this story is being dealt with... For example, people who believe a 12 month prison sentence in Thailand is an appropriate response to petty opportunistic theft of a phone should be put under observation and possibly send through therapy, there is something wrong with them... more so than the pathetic scum who stole the phone... I have lost more phones in Thailand to theft than I like to remember, but theft is part of the human condition and not related to people being Thai, so would never say "nasty Thai thief" because the thief is Thai, I would say "nasty Taxi driver thief" since stealing from passengers reflects in those situations on the position of being a taxi driver, not a Thai person...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

There are a lot of people out there that could take offence with that generalization, in that if someone saw an unattended phone their first reaction would be to steal it.

I have been here for quite a while and can honestly say that the vast majority of Thais that I know here would have handed that in to the reception. That would include everyone from the lowest paid painter's assistant to MDs/CEOs.

I say the majority above for a reason; it doesn't matter where you are in the world, you will always get a few that break the rules and make their first action to steal.

But not everybody.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

the only disgrace is being caught.

I hope the scumbags are caught ,it's a very good video so I suspect they will be .They must spend there days wandering around looking for things to steal .

Someone worked hard or went into debt for that phone ,they are not cheap ,but these creeps just want to take it away from them .Hope they get locked up .

33 minutes ago, dopenhagen said:

For example, people who believe a 12 month prison sentence in Thailand is an appropriate response to petty opportunistic theft of a phone should be put under observation and possibly send through therapy, there is something wrong with them

So, people who suggest that others that commit a crime should receive a harsh sentence , should be given a harsh sentence themselves ?

Do you believe in harsh sentences or not ? 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So, people who suggest that others that commit a crime should receive a harsh sentence , should be given a harsh sentence themselves ?

Do you believe in harsh sentences or not ? 

I think the reply was in the spirit of that people who believe a 12 month sentence for petty theft are being a bit alarmist and extreme.

Archived