Video: Find these nasty farang thieves - there's a 5,000 baht reward if you do.

rooster59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I beg to differ. In Chiang Mai, you can leave things unattended. You can park your scooter with jacket, shopping, bags hanging out, with keys in the ignition, no one will touch them. You can forget your phone at the pool and it will be there the next day. That's the beauty of this town, I hope it will last, but the actions of such people make me doubt it.

Well this happened in chiang Mai.

2 hours ago, Vermor said:

in farang land...they are responsible ( ouh wait what is that word?) for their lost...they do not let an iphone unattended then "complain" that it has been "stealed". (the consequence)

Which tells one that farangland is far worse than LOS regarding ones property being lifted, and it is, 100% it is...:sad:

13 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

remember that big hoo ha about the finders/keepers case, when a thai lady nicked someones phone from a 7/11

35 minutes ago, midas said:

Seems to happen often in Pattaya

2 minutes ago, robert888d said:

There are honest and dishonest people in all nationalities .I am sure this couple will be caught when they try to leave the country .Good job they aren't in Saudi Arabia!!!!!

Uhhhh, OK.

I guess you have not heard they are French and have been apprehended........

Read the thread.  Thanks........

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

The least the dimwit could have done was hook up with a hot babe. Why? Because then I could enjoy naughty woman's prison thoughts.:smile: Please - no hetrophobic comments.

31891035_1879437152068440_1763641012007206912_n.jpg.6634d5d935bd4a890821b882b8c2f4fb.jpg

Dunno about that, he looks a Candy Crush type of guy, hence the phone thingy...:stoner:

3 minutes ago, robert888d said:

There are honest and dishonest people in all nationalities .I am sure this couple will be caught when they try to leave the country .Good job they aren't in Saudi Arabia!!!!!

A while ago I read that someone criticized Saudi Arabia for being barbaric because they would cut off a thieves hand just for stealing a loaf of bread and someone then replied that not many people steal bread there.

Why so much trouble over a phone? Anyone can grab a phone, as most just let them hang out of their back pocket. I really don't care, as I don't use them. But, a smart person would have a tracker on their phone and would be able to find it soon. Its like if you have children with phones, as a good parent you should have their GPS coordance and you would know where they are at all times. CCTV? Think of all the stuff those things get. Like 2 grown men eskorting a young boy to their room...Hmmm?? 

4 hours ago, dopenhagen said:

Petty opportunistic theft is being punished peculiarly harsh by the TV peanut gallery... and the rhetoric, try and replace the word "farang" in the subject with "Thai" and see how it sounds... I think the most disgusting about this story is the way this story is being dealt with... For example, people who believe a 12 month prison sentence in Thailand is an appropriate response to petty opportunistic theft of a phone should be put under observation and possibly send through therapy, there is something wrong with them... more so than the pathetic scum who stole the phone... I have lost more phones in Thailand to theft than I like to remember, but theft is part of the human condition and not related to people being Thai, so would never say "nasty Thai thief" because the thief is Thai, I would say "nasty Taxi driver thief" since stealing from passengers reflects in those situations on the position of being a taxi driver, not a Thai person...

Foreign thieves give foreigner here in TH a bad name, a bad reputation. For most of us farang it matters far more whether the thief is a Thai or a farang. Petty opportunistic theft I'd call a child stealing some fruit in somebody's garden, or something like that. Stealing an unattendet phone is very, very low.   But wait... maybe the thieving couple's phone got stolen the other day and they just wanted to replace it.  Hope they get caught soon.

Pholsomsuk Paisarn, the Facebook poster linked in the OP, has updated the story with a new post 2 hours ago.
The couple were caught at the airport just 10 mins before their plane was to depart.
She posted a photo of them with arresting officers outside a Tourist Police booth.

jap_laew.jpg

6 minutes ago, katana said:

Pholsomsuk Paisarn, the Facebook poster linked in the OP, has updated the story with a new post 2 hours ago.
The couple were caught at the airport just 10 mins before their plane was to depart.
She posted a photo of them with arresting officers outside a Tourist Police booth.

jap_laew.jpg

Good work.  I hope they're charged and miss their flight. 

Their ugly thieving faces splashed all over the internet is also refreshing.

Glad they were caught stealing is wrong. Someone left a camera bag with expensive camera inside at DM. . I opened it looked at some pictures to see if I could find the person. Couldn’t so took security bag check area. 

A young couple on holiday picked it up and were Thankful 

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

Anyone dumb enough to leave an expensive phone lying around deserves it to be nicked.  I've done it twice.

Cranky, pls. make it clear that it was you who left an expensive phone lying around twice.

4 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Would love to see the victim attend the police station and engage in some finger pointing.  Oh, how I'd laugh.

Or the CCTV of the police arresting them. With only "ten minutes" before flying they must have checked in, boarding passes in hand and waiting in the departure lounge ...Oh what titillating joy...!!!!

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That joke has already been done four times in this thread

Really?

which post numbers?

lol... don’t bother, it’s just good enough to know that others have a similar opinion ?.

that said... that you deem the application of justice to be a joke,  is worrying.

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Criminals are often of low intelligence or just so-called normal people, acting on the spur of the moment out of greed, behaving stupidly.  Most criminals commit each crime on the assumption that they will not be caught. Consequences or punishment then never figure in the plan.  (If there was one.)

Criminals of low intelligence haven't caused as much damage as the criminals of high intelligence. (Criminal Intelligence Agency)

6 minutes ago, jimster said:

Not a good thing to do, but omg this isn't exactly the crime of the century. Happens all the time everywhere in the world.

Sure, it's not crime of the century, but poetic justice for being a common thief and caught.  Ritual humiliation at the airport and probably more to come.  

I like it.

1 minute ago, Here It Is said:

Sure, it's not crime of the century, but poetic justice for being a common thief and caught.  Ritual humiliation at the airport and probably more to come.  

I like it.

Fair enough. A 5000 Baht reward for a crappy phone that's probably barely worth 5000 Baht if you tried to sell it at MBK - what's on that phone that the owner is willing to basically buy back their own phone?

1 minute ago, jimster said:

Fair enough. A 5000 Baht reward for a crappy phone that's probably barely worth 5000 Baht if you tried to sell it at MBK - what's on that phone that the owner is willing to basically buy back their own phone?

I thought it was 5,000 baht for finding the thieves not finding the phone...

Archived