Video: Find these nasty farang thieves - there's a 5,000 baht reward if you do.

rooster59

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why you wanne give people such easy chance to take your belonging?  Why would someone live there phone there alone for a long time??  I think everyone would take it!!   3 people at fault. 

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hang on to your enthusiasm everyone, the very same would have happened had a non farang person see that unattended phone and that phone would be gone as quick if not quicker.. so what is all the fuss here?

just because they're foreigners? talking about casting the first stone...

imy experience was different, a couple of years ago i left an ipod on the table  in Art Cafe and came back a few hours later and the staff was holding it for me.   

2 hours ago, chris a said:

Two "opportunist" low life scum.

They are everywhere ...... stop them at the airport and make them miss their flight.

They will have pay again to get back home ..... that`le teach `em.

Oh, and fine them 20,000 baht  each.

I detest people like this pair.

if they allegedly stole it they should be prosecuted and put on trial.  

I forgot my phone twice , my expensive sunglasses, my wallet. All this happened in Thailand and always returned to me or it was still at the same spot when I returned.  Maybe just lucky. 

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

I don´t get it. I was raised to react in a different way. If I found something laying like that, I would go and leave it at the reception. I thought that was common sense.
However, today we appearently heve grown ups in disguise of normal family travellers, that suddenly get a kick out of stealing.

Another thing that I for my life can´t get. Still nobody understands that there are cameras and webcams everywhere today. Stupidity out of enormuos proportions.

An this is a phone readily tracked!

Not sure if this can be easily switched off but it does seem dumb to think there aren't cameras (and quite good quality ones) watching the area. 

I have no sympathy if they are held in detention and are subject to inconvenience of missing their flight.

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hang on to your enthusiasm everyone, the very same would have happened had a non farang person see that unattended phone and that phone would be gone as quick if not quicker.. so what is all the fuss here?

just because they're foreigners? talking about casting the first stone...

Point taken but the very real issue of 'comparative privilege or wealth' applies here; unlike that apparent after-thought of a precept you tacked on at the end. 

20 hours ago, robblok said:

Im sure they look more American than European.. though.. they do have a low BMI.. so your probably right. (joking here why do you think they are European ?)

" Thaivisa understands the couple are French and were arrested at Chiang Mai airport this morning."

Appended to the end of the article.

where i live people still leave their doors open during the day as thieving is a no no. we often sit out the front of the house and leave laptops there when watching sport or whatever. nothing ever been touched if you ever nip out to the shops etc. those 2 sneaky little tea leaves should spend some time in the slammer to think about what they did through.

Archived