Crackdown on illegal foreigners: Many claiming to be students to get fake visas

rooster59

On 5/5/2018 at 12:52 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

Thai made fake visas to foreigners. Why are only the latters are arrested? Get them all... Come on Big joke! 

Exactly. When I first looked into getting my ED Visa I went to the Immigration Office in Jontiem and I was first directed (by Immigration Staff) to talk to the lady sitting in the cafe just near the carpark of the Immigration Office. Before telling me how to go about it correctly, even Legally, she offered me the option of just paying for the Visa and not needing to attend a single Class. I obviously opted for the Legal way of doing it, and not using her. :coffee1:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. When I first looked into getting my ED Visa I went to the Immigration Office in Jontiem and I was first directed (by Immigration Staff) to talk to the lady sitting in the cafe just near the carpark of the Immigration Office. Before telling me how to go about it correctly, even Legally, she offered me the option of just paying for the Visa and not needing to attend a single Class. I obviously opted for the Legal way of doing it, and not using her. :coffee1:

Of course you reported this illegal activity to the appropriate authorities..

On 5/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, bhatmasterson said:

Why not check the teaching ability of EVERYONE with a teaching visa on arrival? White skin alone is not an indicator of superior teaching ability. Why should anyone pay you a salary to check teaching ability when you don't understand how to use possessive pronouns?

Choosing only a teacher because he is white is a big part of thai education problem. Many Filipinos teach better than many white farang but again it's part of Thai culture. The whiter you are the better you will teach. 

3 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Choosing only a teacher because he is white is a big part of thai education problem. Many Filipinos teach better than many white farang but again it's part of Thai culture. The whiter you are the better you will teach. 

And the less drugs you sell.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:54 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

Filippinos are the cause bilingual schools now have very few whiteys, they dumped the salaries. Level of education dropped accordingly. Philippines isn't exactly topping the PISA, is it.

18 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Filippinos are the cause bilingual schools now have very few whiteys, they dumped the salaries. Level of education dropped accordingly. Philippines isn't exactly topping the PISA, is it.

Are you sure.?. Not being a fan of ferang teachers here, except the older English , just on conversational clarity, they are easy for me as a Non Brit to understand, and more polite. How a Thai can understand those Jordie Brits or Texas Twangers is beyong me, i cant.I learned from BBC type English in the Fifties, the Philippines dont seem to have mumblers that ive met.

56 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Are you sure.?. Not being a fan of ferang teachers here, except the older English , just on conversational clarity, they are easy for me as a Non Brit to understand, and more polite. How a Thai can understand those Jordie Brits or Texas Twangers is beyong me, i cant.I learned from BBC type English in the Fifties, the Philippines dont seem to have mumblers that ive met.

Fairly sure, having had three kids in a bilingual school where farangs got replaced by Pinoys and the quality of teaching took a nose dive. Already pulled them out, as did many other parents.

On 05/05/2018 at 11:58 AM, RichardColeman said:

So just get immigration to check the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival. Should not be hard to figure out who's  a fake. Pay me a salary and I'll do it myself.

"the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival"   Such clumsy phraseology suggests that you cannot check anyone's teaching ability. Am sorry, I wouldn't  pay you anything!

37 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Fairly sure, having had three kids in a bilingual school where farangs got replaced by Pinoys and the quality of teaching took a nose dive. Already pulled them out, as did many other parents.

Crafty reply, were those teachers mature English ones. My 2 went to Assumption and recond they were good, but it was 17 years ago.They found out one Brit was in fact a con man Irish Barman who lasted 3 days.Frankly im happy its all over. Assumption was excellent ,i must say. What is a Pinoy. ? English Granny wore them to do Cooking.

31 minutes ago, Ochomo said:

"the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival"   Such clumsy phraseology suggests that you cannot check anyone's teaching ability. Am sorry, I wouldn't  pay you anything!

If you can type something reasonable with a 18 month sat on your lap tapping the laptop in time with you writing something I'll take advice from you. 

On 08/05/2018 at 1:54 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

White tends to correlate with native speaker- that's all!  Perhaps Filipinos do teach better, but generally their spoken English leaves much to be desired.

Archived