Crackdown on illegal foreigners: Many claiming to be students to get fake visas

rooster59

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So just get immigration to check the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival. Should not be hard to figure out who's  a fake. Pay me a salary and I'll do it myself.

did you actually read it?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Thai made fake visas to foreigners. Why are only the latters are arrested? Get them all... Come on Big joke! 

Didn't read the whole article huh? 

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, so when this kicked off on the 27th of April THIS YEAR, it was because there were no illegal teachers?

try reading the article, it would help. It explains what they meant by 'international schools'

5 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

try reading the article, it would help. It explains what they meant by 'international schools'

Thaivisa understands that there has been confusion in the Thai media that many of those arrested were teachers. The reality is that they are foreigners masquerading as students who get long visas then commit crime in Thailand.

This was never a crackdown on illegal teachers.

Usual teacher hate, strange, EVERY farang business owner in BKK I know is doing various illegal activity from fake employees, shame marriage, bribed vias etc, but the person struggling on 30 k a month and often, but not always, being pretty harmless, is the target of so many. Is your life so empty that hours and hours on this, once awesome, forum is what you do in your spare time.

I am a university student in Thailand and occasionally miss a class, the uni is expensive and to target us is silly, maybe the Thai language school thing has been abused to often by Africans, they all seem to be 'Thai language students', at least all I have met............ ALL tried to sell me drug too.

Anyway, when can we see this level of awesome policing attack the rape stats?

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So just get immigration to check the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival. Should not be hard to figure out who's  a fake. Pay me a salary and I'll do it myself.

Pupils not teachers!!!! Do you not read?

Seem to be sticking the boot into the teachers and now the schools..so will this mean that with a predicted shortage of teachers that will eventuate they will now have to actually pay the going rate for proper English teachers or go without?

Why not arrest the people from Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Ghana who stand by the side of the street in Sukhumvit and elsewhere selling drugs on their student visas and tourist visas.... these people stand out like sore thumbs... no need to go checking with schools .. just observe them hassling passers by and passing packages to each other and then arrest and jail them

2 minutes ago, Zatoichi said:

Apparently it's ok to be here illegally and do dirt, so long as you're a white forgiener, this operation is just for everyone else.

Well we spend more cash and dont deal crack on Sukhumvit Soi 13... 

(I've been a fake student in the past, and am one again right now. Shhh. No problems so far, my school seems pretty connected and most students are white) 

There have been earlier crack downs and changes on Education Visas. They were designed to stop those who were using it purely as an easier visa option with no intention of actually being educated - some posters were moaning about the inconveniences!

This looks like a rounding up of further abusers. 

The individuals, their schools, will face charges. I doubt Joke and the Tourist Police will be allowed to go after IO's. That will open up too many cans of worms.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

There have been earlier crack downs and changes on Education Visas. They were designed to stop those who were using it purely as an easier visa option with no intention of actually being educated - some posters were moaning about the inconveniences!

This looks like a rounding up of further abusers. 

The individuals, their schools, will face charges. I doubt Joke and the Tourist Police will be allowed to go after IO's. That will open up too many cans of worms.

That may get you a Holliday, the truth often does, well said.!!

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Well I've been following these stories, and whilst there have been plenty of posts from teachers complaining about their schools help (or lack of) in the visa/work permit process, I only recall one (a one-liner which seemed to me rather tongue in cheek) reference to immigration coming to "his school" to look for him.

i dont know if it is the same poster but on the other 'latest' thread on 60+ being arrested a poster very eloquently in a longer post replied much more detail that it happened over the summer holiday and it was tourist police not immigration. 

By the way last friday morning 7.30 i drove along rama3 and saw 3 tourist police pointing at a school called nonsi- which from the outside looks a large thai school with sports grounds

On 2 links on twitter i have seem someone show a richard barrow link on 3 of his friends at different schools being visited. I am not a barrow fan but interesting

and the other day a link on twitter from a lady saying she had a visit at her international school and they were going through everyones paperwork in her words 'super carefully'

30 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Why not arrest the people from Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Ghana who stand by the side of the street in Sukhumvit and elsewhere selling drugs on their student visas and tourist visas.... these people stand out like sore thumbs... no need to go checking with schools .. just observe them hassling passers by and passing packages to each other and then arrest and jail them

It rather appears that is what they are doing...

The "schools" are where they are registered (if they are on Education Visas), and possibly that is why they are a place of interest?

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

why just Africans? Why not all people.? Your post sounds racist. Many African teachers speak better English that a lot of Brits here, with their hard-to-understand regional accents.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Language schools" are one of the biggest visa mills in Thailand allowing

thousands upon thousand of mickey mouse people to come and stay in 

Thailand legally, and i wonder why it took the authorities many years to wake

up to it...

same happens in UK

42 minutes ago, jspill said:

Well we spend more cash and dont deal crack on Sukhumvit Soi 13... 

(I've been a fake student in the past, and am one again right now. Shhh. No problems so far, my school seems pretty connected and most students are white) 

Oh so they should just rape children and rip off folks in boiler rooms like white people do here. I can't wait till they start targeting whites searching for criminalality with the same fervor they do everyone else. 

1st a crackdown on dark skinned foreigners without visas, now its a crackdown on the ones with visas.

Does this mean it’s mission completed in terms of the former, and there are no longer any dark skinned foreigners left in Bangkok without visas ?

Oh it warms my heart.

I lived in Thailand on and off since 1970, always on a bulldust visa and taught everywhere without a single qualification.  Made good money and vanished.  There are too many self righteous dobbers in the world these days.  I am an old fart now and really don't give a toss.:cheesy:

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The present government has done well here, albeit tit for tat retaliation.

All police are being carefully watched.

Immigration in my ares had a severe slap on the wrists, by being forced to work outside, during the hottest month of the year. Renovations to the office, 555. Som nam na.

lol, I was wondering why my immigration were all sat outside. Makes sense. Apart from the  Land Office, probably the biggest corruption here.

That was fast. Only 20y to figure out some are staying on EDs without ever even getting to school. Or, somebody capable of reading English could have picked it up from TVF in about 10secs flat.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

There are many Africans speaking better English than those born in UK

Years ago I signed up to study a Chinese language course at a language school in Phuket.  I received a 3-month ED visa.

when it came to extend that visa, I went to Phuket immigration office, presented my documents and was told that they would do a simple language test to see if I was really attending the language school.

"OK" I said, "but I'm learning Chinese. Do you speak Chinese?"

The immigration officer was temporarily thrown by my comments, but quickly replied "No, I don't speak Chinese, so we will do the language test in Thai like all the others!"  :)

What IS basically illegal, but is common practice, alas, about non-Thai (mostly) language teachers, is what THE SCHOOLS employing them are doing to/with them!

All of them should indeed hold a valid WORKPERMIT, while it seems only a (very?) small percentage do! And I would like to see a, systematic, 'crackdown' on all these schools, NOT on the foreign teachers (what would be the usual Thai 'reflex' when illegal aliens are concerned), with all the ones found ...in illegal situation AUTOMATICALLY being issued a workpermit, ...paid in full by the school they teach at.

Not only have those schools, in the best of cases, the hypocrisy to 'arrange' for, what they clearly know is, an illegal status, but in many other cases these teachers-to-be are made to pay for it, and always it is: take it or leave it...

Mostly the applicants are simply told what to do, left without other support, ...especially not any financial one.

In the, few, cases I know about a workpermit was issued for such a Farang language teacher, not only did she/he have to pay for all expenses (deducted + 'fees'), but, on top of it, even these, few, schools were, still, in the illegality, as the teachers were becoming a salary of half (or less) of the minimum monthly wage stipulated as a condition for the issuance of a workpermit!

N.B.: the same, despicable, practice can also be found in many, most, tourism related businesses (dive shops f.i.?), hotels/resorts/restaurants, employing Farang workers, ...very much the same when such businesses are 'owned'/operated by Farangs.

Archived