Crackdown on illegal foreigners: Many claiming to be students to get fake visas

rooster59

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Thai made fake visas to foreigners. Why are only the latters are arrested? Get them all... Come on Big joke! 

"Charges are soon to be laid that refer to the alleged falsification of visas on behalf of foreigners."

Be patient, Big joke is on a roll. There will soon be some clenched sphincters in some of the Immigration Offices.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tolsti said:

The Digital Pikeys are next on the target list.... 

I think they can be squeezed out by having a 6months in a year tourist rule. Non-imms are for longer and need a valid reason for staying. Use elite visa for perpetual tourists.

1 hour ago, sydneyjed said:

Seem to be sticking the boot into the teachers and now the schools..so will this mean that with a predicted shortage of teachers that will eventuate they will now have to actually pay the going rate for proper English teachers or go without?

Now read it.

9 minutes ago, tolsti said:

The Digital Pikeys are next on the target list.... 

Dream on they've never been a target, Chiang Mai has held a huge digital nomad summit 4 years running now, co-working spaces are packed with young online workers. Thailand loves affluent westerners making offshore income and spending it here

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The scam - that Thaivisa understands has been going on for years - is well understood by the Thai police

And the police did what about it? Nothing at all, which is what they excel at. My brother-in-law is a police inspector and I asked my wife what the police do all day as I honestly have no idea. She had no answer.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Language schools" are one of the biggest visa mills in Thailand allowing

thousands upon thousand of mickey mouse people to come and stay in 

Thailand legally, and i wonder why it took the authorities many years to wake

up to it...

They haven't just woken up to it... the "old school" just turned a blind eye to it while the "kick-backs" rolled in
It's just now the right guy is in the right place and prepared to do something about it!

2 minutes ago, jspill said:

Dream on they've never been a target, Chiang Mai has held a huge digital nomad summit 4 years running now, co-working spaces are packed with young online workers. Thailand loves affluent westerners making offshore income and spending it here

As long as they spend it on rent, food, women, etc and not acquire anything that would raise the prices for Thais, such as property using a dodgy company setup.

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Are you not used to it by now "MB"?

All those experts on education (they know all about it - after all, they went to school for years back along) posting from an altitude of 1.2 metres - the median height of a Pattaya bar stool!

:smile:

Or from the corresponding bar stool in their home country.  I wonder how many of our exalted members only spend 3 to 5 weeks a year here, tops.  Maybe even only every second or third year.  I E are not resident here in any meaning of the term.  But post as if they are here.

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

So Mr Big Joke is gaining celebrity status by doing what the other members of the RTP are not doing, their job.

I see his intrepid crime busting is selective and populist, and to complete the picture he has an attractive sidekick.

Fair enough, but does he wear his underpants outside his trousers?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So just get immigration to check the teaching ability of any African's with a teaching visa on arrival. Should not be hard to figure out who's  a fake. Pay me a salary and I'll do it myself.

Me too, it's not rocket science to figure it out, Native English speakers are only from a handful of countries, but somehow agents and schools find ways to save money (oopps, pocket money) and employ look a likes

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Big Joke was a nick name given to him by Thai language media. 

And like you say he is far from a joke.

This week alone he has overseen:

ED visa crackdown

illegal foreigners

A shady condo developer in Phuket targeting foreigners

Street racers

Drug bust at a Bangkok bar

Call centre scammers

Shady cosmetics operation
Fraudulent tour companies
Romance scam targeting a Chinese woman
Survanabhumbi thief
Man impersonating police officer threatening Indian tourist

He's doing real police work - lots of it

Too true. And lest we forget that joke in his name does not mean funny haha....it refers to the Thai word for rice gruel a popular breakfast dish.... especially in Thai prison where many of his 'customers' will be heading. Well done Maj Gen Surachet.

Woohoo 

About time  I went to school for 2 years and went to every lesson. 

Half of the students don't   they take the piss and its not just the dark skinned people 

It is from all walks of life  the French would be in the top 10

As for Ed department at emigration corrupt is not the word  for them. (THE MAGIC DRAW),

And the department of education when you do your test well thats a laugh

Good on you big joke you  should be called 

GET THINGS DONE   about time get rid of the trash  it <deleted> it up for us honest farangs

22 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Hopefully the You Tube Border Bouncing E beggars who pimp money without work permits are next.

They are one and the same as the digital pikeys.

the visa is not fake, thailand makes a lot more money on ED visa than on retirement visa,

and that is regardless if the students can be arsed to learn thai or cooking or muay thai or any other shit, or not

56 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Woohoo 

Half of the students don't   they take the piss and its not just the dark skinned people 

As for Ed department at emigration corrupt is not the word  for them. (THE MAGIC DRAW),

GET THINGS DONE   about time get rid of the trash  it <deleted> it up for us honest farangs

You can say that now, they dont advertise here i think. That would have got u banned when they did.

1 minute ago, poanoi said:

the visa is not fake, thailand makes a lot more money on ED visa than on retirement visa,

and that is regardless if the students can be arsed to learn thai or cooking or muay thai or any other shit, or not

So they spend a lot like retired folks then.?. 

18 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

So they spend a lot like retired folks then.?. 

i cant say for others,

but i spent a whole lot more before i was 50 than after i became 50,

not just on the visa, but even many times more on parties.

ed: come to think of it i spent a lot more on everything

before i became 50, from choppers to food, to visa,

but all spending dwarfs to nuffing compared to

the amount i used to spend in go-go bars every night

before i became old

Is it really the number one priority of things to fix in Thailand? Deporting foreigners, especially those who teach English to Thai people with better results than an average/median Thai teacher would do...

And while Foreigners are throw in jails and get a big fine and prison time... others Thai people kill people with their truck and nobody tells anyone that there is something wrong in the justice system?

34 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Woohoo 

I read that twice and I am still trying to understand what your point is.

Clearly your education has been influenced by books like Finnegan's wake

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Thai made fake visas to foreigners. Why are only the latters are arrested? Get them all... Come on Big joke! 

Why don`t you try reading the OP. It says; Several language schools and what is loosely termed as "international" schools are now set to face charges after the Thai police operating under the "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" banner have uncovered a network of illegal activity that includes staff of the schools themselves and corrupt immigration officials. 

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

"Charges are soon to be laid that refer to the alleged falsification of visas on behalf of foreigners."

Be patient, Big joke is on a roll. There will soon be some clenched sphincters in some of the Immigration Offices.

There will be nothing or maybe just move to inactive positions. 

Archived