PHOTOS: Hua Hin airport gears up for direct Kuala Lumpur flights

PHOTOS: Hua Hin airport gears up for direct Kuala Lumpur flights

h1.jpg

Image: Siam Andaman / Facebook

Images shared on social media reveal how Hua Hin airport is getting ready to welcome direct flights from Kuala Lumpur later this month.

Air Asia is due to launch the four times weekly flights starting 18 May 2018.

Flights will take place on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, departing Kuala Lumpur at 10am local time, arriving in Hua Hin at 11am.

From Hua Hin flights depart at 11:30am local time arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 2:35pm.

In addition to the Hua Hin - Kuala Lumpur route, earlier this month Thaivisa learned that Air Asia is looking into the possibility of launching a Hua Hin - Chiang Mai route.

The proposal would encourage more travel to popular destinations in Thailand while at the same time reducing passenger traffic at both Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang.

It would mean that both Hua Hin and then Chiang Mai would be within easy reach for tourists arriving from Kuala Lumpur, which in turn would open up both destinations to people travelling not only from Malaysia but also from the likes of Indonesia, Singapore and Australia.

Source: Siam Andaman Facebook

h2.jpgh3.jpgh4.jpgh5.jpg

I think a Kuala Lumpur-Hua Hin - Hong Kong flght would be very profitable. It would give an opening to bring Air Asia passengers from North and South America

1 hour ago, carken said:

"They" (Hua Hin) should add a Bangkok flight also ...

But I think it would not be economical with a jet plane, it's only a 100 miles in direct line.

With a turboprop at best.

6 hours ago, carken said:

"They" (Hua Hin) should add a Bangkok flight also ... pretty sure it would get more passengers than Chiang Mai or Kuala Lumpur

This is a real tough one.  I can't see it working financially (to BKK) given the current options.

"High-Speed" rail is the way to go, if that can ever get done.

This is a real tough one.  I can't see it working financially (to BKK) given the current options.
"High-Speed" rail is the way to go, if that can ever get done.
Many of you, understandably, seem to be looking at this from a Hua Hin centric perspective. HHQ is simply a new destination for Malaysian based AirAsia Berhad's extensive network. KUL is the hub for many onward regional & international flights for AirAsia.

12 hours ago, carken said:

"They" (Hua Hin) should add a Bangkok flight also ... pretty sure it would get more passengers than Chiang Mai or Kuala Lumpur

I'm not so sure. I can easily drive from my HH home to my Suk. Soi 10 condo in 2.5 to 2.75 hours. To fly to BKK I'd have to drive or be driven to HH airport, check in, go through security, then fly to BKK, and then maybe pick up baggage, go through the airport, wait for taxi, and then ride to my condo. The flight could take the same time -- or more -- than the drive. 

2 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

I don't at all agree.

I can easily drive from my HH home to my Suk. Soi 10 condo in 2.5 to 2.75 hours. To fly to BKK I'd have to drive or be driven to HH airport, check in, go through security, then fly to BKK, and then maybe pick up baggage, go through the airport, wait for taxi, and then ride to my condo. The flight could take the same time -- or more -- than the drive.

Plus driving means I can take lots more baggage (if I need), groceries, booze, etc., etc. And I don't have to buy plane tickets for both myself and my wife. 

A long time ago you could fly Bangkok Hua Hin, Hua Hin to Koh Samui, Samui to Phuket. Then it flew back in the evening stopping at each place on the way. Got you into Bangkok about 8.30 pm cost was about 2000 Baht was really good if you were getting a night flight home. Then the Airport closed supposedly to be upgraded but nothing ever happened. I think another airline tried to open a Bangkok flight but the ticket cost was to much.

Archived