Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

French couple arrested over theft of iPhone in Chiang Mai

Recommended Posts

On 06/05/2018 at 11:00 AM, Get Real said:

Hahahaha haha haha! :cheesy: Good for them! They deserve it. :smile:

 

Bad manor and arrogant attitude too. I just hope they can make an example out of them. Unfortunately it will not happen, but I hope they could get 3 month ad a fine of 30-50K.

I hope they get the same punishment the Thai  would have got if the situation were reversed 

 

Probably 2 years  minimum for a theft like that

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2018 at 1:08 PM, MrJohnson said:

And if only the RTP could apprehend the Red Bull heir, the famous politcian's son who gunned down an unarmed serving police officer in a nightclub in front of hundreds of witnesses (and then went on to be elected to parliament because the witnesses recanted their stories) and on and on it goes. Just a huge PR exercise. I'm not excusing these petty thieves, and that is what they, but let's get this into some kind of perspective. They did not murder anyone.

Most people in Thai jail for less than 5 years are in there for relatively petty crimes

 

They also did not murder anyone but they still got the book thrown at them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, balo said:

Name and shame the French couple. 

 

Here is a closer look of how they look like. 

 

2031435-1600x900.jpg

Well tie me kangaroo down sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I hope they get the same punishment the Thai  would have got if the situation were reversed 

 

Probably 2 years  minimum for a theft like that

 

 

 

2 years for stealing a phone ? How ridiculous can be people think that it will happen ?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grkt said:

 

2 years for stealing a phone ? How ridiculous can be people think that it will happen ?

 

 

 

I was given a 2 years suspended sentence for stealing a school text book from a bookshop in 1972...It humiliated my parents and it threatened my education. I have never done such a thing again.So yes 2 years seems fair to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I was given a 2 years suspended sentence for stealing a school text book from a bookshop in 1972...It humiliated my parents and it threatened my education. I have never done such a thing again.So yes 2 years seems fair to me.

 

 

Where do you come from ? I am sure that I will never go there.

 

So you support ridiculous laws ? Your right...

Maybe you could have asked that they also cut your hand if the sentence was not enough for you ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grkt said:

 

Where do you come from ? I am sure that I will never go there.

 

So you support ridiculous laws ? Your right...

Maybe you could have asked that they also cut your hand if the sentence was not enough for you ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

England

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

England

 

I didn't know what sharia was the law there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grkt said:

 

I didn't know what sharia was the law there.

 

 

Add it to the list of other things that you don't know. It must be quite an extensive list .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2018 at 9:41 AM, Trujillo said:

What's with the group photo? Looks like a company picnic shot. 

I can't believe that all the people in the photo had something to do with this case. Interesting to see all these BiB taking credit for a "find my phone" app on all iPhones. Sure beats doing police work. 

They took the time to track them down, verify it was the same couple. Are you saying police shouldn't use clues?

 

Good they good caught. 1 week in jail, 50k baht fine, and a 10 year ban would be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off-topic post reported and removed.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racist post reported and removed along with replies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...