BANGKOK 22 March 2019 01:15
LGMV

MAZDA CX5 any owners?

Rented a Pajero for a month, and you aren't kidding, the driving experience and the ride is rubbish compared to the CX5. One is based on a sedan, the other is based on the truck, and they each drive like it.

• Like 1

I would get a rack before I would risk poking holes in the upholstery.

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

Rented a Pajero for a month, and you aren't kidding, the driving experience and the ride is rubbish compared to the CX5. One is based on a sedan, the other is based on the truck, and they each drive like it.

Slightly OT - I believe that Pajero is Spanish slang for a w*nker! :tongue:

I can be corrected by a speaker of Spanish.

3 hours ago, LGMV said:

one thing that is a bit disappointing is that there appears to be no side cameras in the CX5 that project onto the monitor so that you can clearly see motorbikes approaching from the rear side, the Pajero and the CRV have this function, but this would be small sacrifice compared to the more pleasurable drive

For less than 30'000 baht you can add this feature 360 degree view camera at many shops.

14 hours ago, mogandave said:

I would get a rack before I would risk poking holes in the upholstery.

Poking holes????It's not like the upholstery is made of rice paper!  Grease or grime would be more of a problem.

13 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Slightly OT - I believe that Pajero is Spanish slang for a w*nker! :tongue:

I can be corrected by a speaker of Spanish.

A bit like the Chevy Nova which has to change it's name in Latin America, as it means "No Go"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My cx5 2.2 diesel has done 94,000km & all its needed was a new battery & i just got 4 new tyres 6 months ago apart from that no problems & its been fantastic cant recommend it enough

How long did your original battery last? Mine went roughly 1.5yr, under 40k km. The auto stop/start really kills battery life, and of course it's some special battery for stop/start and costs more.

Mine lasted 2 years which i was very suprised by because in previous cars batteries had lasted much longer than that but as i said thats the only thing its needed in 4 years

3 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

How long did your original battery last? Mine went roughly 1.5yr, under 40k km. The auto stop/start really kills battery life, and of course it's some special battery for stop/start and costs more.

I wonder why you change your batteries so often ? On any of my Benz they last 5+ years, also with start and stop.

• Like 1

Poking holes????It's not like the upholstery is made of rice paper!  Grease or grime would be more of a problem.

Grease spots would be a more frequent problem, but not more of a problem then a hole or a torn seam.

I hate the F’n start-stop on the wife’s Toyota.

I always turn it off, but I wonder if I can change the the default to off...

I wonder why you change your batteries so often ? On any of my Benz they last 5+ years, also with start and stop.

Clearly posted by a non benz owner hear, they have the same life as any comparable battery size in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I had them turn off the "eco stop start" waste of time, should save some battery life!