Too old for Thailand?

Dick Crank

6 minutes ago, starfish said:

Thailand is the last place, where you want to be, in case.

They will give you Paracetamol when you´re dying !

lol, but it would be really reassuring to have just in case

shit goes downhill, not least because i dont trust

hospitals here to give me an easy exit when everything else fail

21 minutes ago, poanoi said:

lol, but it would be really reassuring to have just in case

shit goes downhill, not least because i dont trust

hospitals here to give me an easy exit when everything else fail

Not Thailand, forget it. Maybe Switzerland ?

Or two plasticbags (the good quality ones) and two bottles vodka (the quality there is not so much of importance, because you won´t be there for the headache). It works all the time :smile:

Edited by starfish

On 5/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, colinneil said:

What is the point of your comment?

My wife is my carer, and a very good one, now most wheelchair bound people are not able to have sex.

Anyone in a wheelchair can have sex. All it takes is a little imagination.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:32 AM, colinneil said:

Dick Crank you started a very interesting thread here, but sadly it has been taken over by posters who have no idea what they are talking about.

Posting about careers when they havnt got a clue, posting about a++e wiping, bedsores etc.

Saying i would rather be dead than allow that to happen to me, clueless nonsense.

I am not ready to die, have got bedsores, get my a+=e wiped, spend about 16/17 hours a day on my bed, yet i have got a passion for living, and will go out fighting, not whining.

I guess i have to say that I admire your attitude.   Please remember that we are all different and as such will deal with the later years in different ways.  If there was a secret pill for helping people deal with the discomforts of old age someone would make a fortune.  Positive attitude for all?....if you read TV daily (which you do ) I am sure you can tell that is not the case.  Keep fighting  !

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Anyone in a wheelchair can have sex. All it takes is a little imagination.

You are talking bloody nonsense.

When you know what you are talking about comment, until them please shut up.

So you are saying that a person who is paraplegic, permanently catheterized, 4 titanium rods and 40 titanium screws holding them together can have sex.:cheesy::cheesy:

Do you realize how stupid your comment is?

Edited by colinneil

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

So you are saying that a person who is paraplegic, permanently catheterized, 4 titanium rods and 40 titanium screws holding them together can have sex.:cheesy::cheesy:

i was watching a woman sitting on a hollowed out chair,

that chair was placed over the face of a man,

the man was instructed to lick all the while he was given electrical shocks

to his genitals and ridiculed for havin a small flaccid un',

so u c, you CAN have sex, you just need to be a bit more creative,

open your mind and enjoy life

• Sad 1

I think sometimes the problem is not that someone being confined to a wheelchair cannot have sex, but that, even before being confined to a wheelchair, someone did not have sex and now it's too late.

Edited by JLCrab

3 hours ago, poanoi said:

Another crazy comment !! You do realize paraplegics have no feeling, well probably not, just another poster who dont know what he is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, poanoi said:

You post such rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, poanoi said:

i wonder if Lanna Care Net provide nembutal for those that want

to end it in a respectable manner ?

No, this isn't legal.  

And for those who think that "when the time comes", they'll use a plastic bag and two bottles of vodka are sadly misinformed of what happens at end of life.  "When the time comes", people are rarely in shape to acquire and use a plastic bag and two bottles of vodka and the will to live remains strong.  

• Thanks 1

@NancyL

I don't know anything about the quality of nursing home care in Thailand beyond what has been shared on this thread so far, but I have to say I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about what might be expected, with the exception being the top-of-the-line facilities identified previously. I know Thailand has a fair amount of medical tourism, but taking someone's gall bladder out and providing the TLC needed to care for an elderly person seems like very different skill sets to me, and I frankly haven't seen much evidence that elder care is something which Thailand excels at. Despite the clichés about elder respect as a cultural value, I think there's more than a fair amount of ageism, tolerance of elder neglect, not to mention some tendencies to discount the needs of non-Thais and non-Thai speakers in general, as well as deficiencies in medical equipment, lag in employing latest theraputic techniques, and lack of English proficiency observed in general hospitals, that I am very skeptical that Thailand will be developing a reputation as a premier elder care destination anytime soon.

Edited by Gecko123

49 minutes ago, NancyL said:

No, this isn't legal.  

And for those who think that "when the time comes", they'll use a plastic bag and two bottles of vodka are sadly misinformed of what happens at end of life.  "When the time comes", people are rarely in shape to acquire and use a plastic bag and two bottles of vodka and the will to live remains strong.  

http://www.dw.com/en/assisted-suicide-104-year-old-australian-was-in-high-spirits-before-dying-in-switzerland/a-43728719

7 hours ago, JLCrab said:

I think sometimes the problem is not that someone being confined to a wheelchair cannot have sex, but that, even before being confined to a wheelchair, someone did not have sex and now it's too late.

I dunno know about you but I'm a man whose always getting off...

I mean I could be working out, enjoying a fine cigar in my lounge in my best attire, chatting up the best hostesses, instructing my maid or just jerking to the sound of music. Point is I'm ALwAYS cumming no matter what I'm doing! 

Get it man?

-Arnold schwartzeneggar

(pumping iron, 1977, mr Olympia interview, Rio de Janeiro, brazil)

Edited by Dick Crank

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Without the catheter, entirely possible. Let me suggest you don't represent all people who are wheelchair-bound.

Do you realise how angry your post sounds? That much anger is only adding to your current situation.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Without the catheter, entirely possible. Let me suggest you don't represent all people who are wheelchair-bound.

Do you realise how angry your post sounds? That much anger is only adding to your current situation.

Angry who wouldnt be angry reading nonsense like what you are posting on this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Angry who wouldnt be angry reading nonsense like what you are posting on this thread.

Well, you are talking nonsense, and I'm not getting angry. Sad maybe.

• Sad 1