Low carb is not always better (backed by studies)

robblok

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, Taggart said:

What surprises me is that people can't imagine you can lose weight or maintain normal weight on what's essentially a high carb diet.  I mean this has been know for decades, I don't need a recent study to know that.  The low carb crowd have in some way created this myth that there's is the only way in order to lose weight and at the same time get healthy.  I sometimes wonder how much money under the table their gurus are getting from big food by flogging their ideas to the disciples. 

The high carb diets that take the weight off are Vegan and Whole Food diets.  They are great for your health and really do work.  They are not diets high in french fries, potato chips, candy bars, bread and pasta and breakfast cereal and beer!  

On 5/12/2018 at 8:30 PM, jak2002003 said:

You are correct.  But here is my little rant....

But people should not eat / drink citrus fruits, like oranges and grapefruits... because they give you skin cancer!  

Also the sugar in all fruit is bad for surges in insulin and can lead to becoming a diabetic.  Don't forget the seeds of apples and other fruits are poisonous and have arsenic in them too.. so don't put the entire fruit into the juice machine!

Also the pesticides and herbicides found incorporated into the flesh and skin of fruit and vegetables will give you cancer... you can wash some off.. but don't use chlorinated tap water.. must be filtered.. and not in plastic bottles as that makes you infertile and give you cancer too.

Better stick to and whole grain sandwich... or sorry, forget WHEAT is poisonous.. and too much gluten.   Soy is better then... ups.. no... that is not digestible, and genetically modified, and causes hormone imbalances in people.  Normal milk from a cow... OMG NO... so much wrong with that one.  Meat... ah... too much fat, cholesterol to give you a heart attack, hormones, saturated fats, antibiotics, etc etc. 

Safe with healthy sea fish.. ups, now they are radioactive, contain toxic heavy metals and other chemicals, give you brain parasites.

I know.. here is an idea.  Eat a balanced diet of a wide variety and foods and you can't go wrong.  If you are getting too heavy, just cut down on the food volume.  EASY.

PS when people are out exercising, they must use sun screen to protect from UV radiation and skin caner... but don't use sunscreen because that give you skin cancer.  

Really... just about anything is bad for us if we are to believe the experts, and healthy diet book writers.  Even the blue light from this computer stand by light is going to disrupt my sleep patterns and affect my hormones... maybe leading to depression.  

I would worry less many of these 'conclusions' are one off media scares that have very little real verifiable long term science in them.  We used to call them 'old wive's tales' which is now political incorrect and I was called up short the last time I used that term.

7 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

The high carb diets that take the weight off are Vegan and Whole Food diets.  They are great for your health and really do work.  They are not diets high in french fries, potato chips, candy bars, bread and pasta and breakfast cereal and beer!  

The basic thing for all diets is remove processed crap... after that just select a diet that suits you. Then there is not that much difference if any in weight loss. Adherance to a diet is the most difficult thing there is so anything that makes that easier is a pre. So for some that is low carb for other higher carb but without the processed foods. 

I dont care what people use as long as it works.

23 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

Well none of those negative foods are MEAT!

So logically it's better to cut the junk instead of meat.

Plus seafood like salmon is one of the best foods you can eat. So it doesn't make sense to not eat it.

I would however suggest grass fed meat instead of grain fed.

Also a lot of soy and other vegan products are more junk than healthy.

People need to do a lot of reading and make informed decisions.

13 hours ago, dontoearth said:

Don, 

Not all healthy high carb diets to drop weight involve becoming a vegan, let alone a vegetarian.  One may have to limit the amount of meat/fish eaten per day, but that's an individual decision.

Anyhow, I'm certainly not a goody two shoes myself and every so often I fail.  Over the last two days I've had a couple of cheat meals.  I know what I'll do every time I fall of the wagon.  I'll climb back up again. 

Archived