Bed-ridden Chiang Rai father appeals for public help to keep daughter at school

snoop1130

Bed-ridden Chiang Rai father appeals for public help to keep daughter at school
By Ratthawat Laping 
The Nation 
Chiang Rai

A bed-ridden father in Chiang Rai on Monday appealed for public help so that his daughter would not have to drop out of school to continue looking after him.

Fifty-four-year-old Amae Sae-lee, who is partially paralysed following a stroke, lives with his 11-year-old daughter at their small house in Moo 6 village in Tambon Nong Pakor, which is in Chiang Rai’s Doi Luang district.

The Nation visited the father and daughter on Monday morning and found that they are living miserably in a one-room brick-built house, with no windows and a corrugated roof that makes their lives even more difficult as it leaks when it rains.

Amae’s daughter, Kesorn Kantib, is in Grade 4 at the local Ban Mai Pattana School.

Each morning, before the girl goes to school, she does the chores and prepares food for her father.

Kesorn said she had been living just with her father for many years, but when he was left paralysed by a stroke four years ago, it began to cause difficulties for the family as he was the only breadwinner.

She said she now had to collect vegetables to cook for her father and was mostly dependent on alms shared by monks from a local temple.

Sometimes, kind-hearted people from the same village would share some foods with her and her father, she added.

She sometimes also sells vegetables at the local market to earn money for buying food and other necessities for her father, she explained.

She likes going to school because she can have a free lunch there, she said.

The father said he was sorry he could not take care of his daughter and was not sure how long she could continue going to school in their current circumstances.

He has no household registration, so he is not even eligible for a monthly allowance as a disabled person, he added.

However, following the plight of the family being shared among Facebook users in Chiang Rai, Captain Wuthichai Phucharoenyot – commander of a Chiang Rai-based Mekong river-patrol unit – sent some of his troops to fix the house and also donated some money to the family.

The Facebook share also prompted the school management and people in the neighbourhood to visit the family.

Sorayut Ritdee, deputy director of Ban Mai Pattana School, said the school had since coordinated with a former district chief of Doi Luang, who donated a bicycle for Kesorn to ride to and from school.

When he was district chief he also gave some eggs to the family each week, but he has since been transferred.

Kesorn is a good student as she has achieved a grade point average of 4 for all subjects, Sorayut said, adding that the school would try to look for a scholarship for her.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344807

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-5-7

Very sad but things look to be on the up a bit .  Makes a change from reading about all the corruption today with back stabbing and an election coming up , slander and more filth.

My vote today goes to dad and his little daughter.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He has no household registration, so he is not even eligible for a monthly allowance as a disabled person, he added.

A sad indictment against Thailand. Why is there not someone who can help him register and allow the child to get some support?

And why no bank account or gofundme? If the father is asking for help, how is anyone going to do so?

Recent stroke survivor myself. I am very lucky to make good progress in rehabilitation of myself. I know what it is like to find yourself paralysed on the left side! At the hospital they showed me what exercises to do, and my GF was in attendance, so you can be sure that I am well admonished to DO IT. 
I wish I understood more, and were in a position to help in these types of cases that we read about here. 
So some sort of assistance is available for disabled people, but only if they have a "house registration". Does anybody understand <deleted> that really is? Can the poor dad get one? 
Come on, somebody Thai or a farang who really knows the ropes. chip in some knowledge here, eh?
I am sure many TV folks would be happy to chip in somehow if we only KNEW how.

32 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Recent stroke survivor myself. I am very lucky to make good progress in rehabilitation of myself. I know what it is like to find yourself paralysed on the left side! At the hospital they showed me what exercises to do, and my GF was in attendance, so you can be sure that I am well admonished to DO IT. 
I wish I understood more, and were in a position to help in these types of cases that we read about here. 
So some sort of assistance is available for disabled people, but only if they have a "house registration". Does anybody understand <deleted> that really is? Can the poor dad get one? 
Come on, somebody Thai or a farang who really knows the ropes. chip in some knowledge here, eh?
I am sure many TV folks would be happy to chip in somehow if we only KNEW how.

Yes BM , it is easy to say ' Why don't you help ? ' If I knew of this dad and daughter in the town where I live , I would help not by donating to a fund but delivering food and pumping the girls tyres up if need be , hand on is best in these situations not smiling to a camera with a Tesco Lotus bag to wave. But that is my view .

Many posters on here know my feelings about cases like this, surely someone can get things started.

I like a lot of other TV members would helpใ

Kevvy please do what you can, if possible get your wife to push a few local officials into doing something.

Come on Mr Cheeseman use your blogs, use Thai Visa contacts help get something done, show that your blogs can help poor unfortunate people.

10 hours ago, kevvy said:

My wife and I are going out there next week , I will take pics and lets members know ..

cheers

in memory of my beloved SAM,let me know as my hand is in my pocket.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Many posters on here know my feelings about cases like this, surely someone can get things started.

I like a lot of other TV members would helpใ

Kevvy please do what you can, if possible get your wife to push a few local officials into doing something.

Come on Mr Cheeseman use your blogs, use Thai Visa contacts help get something done, show that your blogs can help poor unfortunate people.

maybe we need to contact CHANNEL THREE.

10 hours ago, kevvy said:

My wife and I are going out there next week , I will take pics and lets members know ..

cheers

see what you can do please,that would make good reading on a TV CHANNEL.

" FARANGS HELP BED-RIDDEN FATHER KEEP HIS DAUGHTER IN SCHOOL.

will let everyone know this week , i think Wednesday we are going to do something for them and find the school as well/.Things like this should not happen in our backyard. I am going to help this family , My wife and I have  a  great life here and have made money also , so now is the time to give back again for the people who need help . .

love to all concern

4 minutes ago, kevvy said:

I hope we all can do something , I know we can , , Thanks all

kevvy please see if your wife can help them sort out a bank account, as myself and i think many others on here would certainly help.

I cannot physically help due to being paraplegic, but will certainly help with a donation, just need someone to help them set it up.

Hi ,

Today my wife and I went to meet Kesorn at her school. Then with some teachers we went to her home ..It was so sad to see how she lives , and my wife wad so upset to see this. We took her and the father some food  and gave money to help . We have arranged to go next week again with plenty of food and new clothes for Kesorn . She wanted some dolls and a bike  when my wife asked what she wanted.That will be a good surprise for her .Also she walks to school in the rain or the heat . Next week I will organize the school bus to pick her up.

She is very happy and very polite young girl . I will make sure she never goes without again . They have a borrowed bar fridge it will not be big enough for the food we will give .Also I will get her a micro wave and a cook top . The house has no windows and big gaps in the ceiling roof line , when it rains it comes into the home .This little girl made me think how much I can help her which we will. She has nothing a little girl should have..

Any donations will be sent on to her , I know this is a good forum and not a forum who will not help this girl , unlike others.

IMG20180517122937.thumb.jpg.f8efb32d3efdb61609bce15b3ea80728.jpg

1526550371630.jpg

IMG20180517123012.jpg

IMG20180517123043.jpg

IMG20180517125137.jpg

IMG20180517125149.jpg

IMG20180517125152.jpg

I would like to say thanks.... to the few people who sent me messages offering to help this girl.One is donating the bike , and the others are helping financially.

Many just say words , but dont follow through.

Thanks everyone involved...

Kevvy

On 5/11/2018 at 9:23 AM, meatboy said:

in memory of my beloved SAM,let me know as my hand is in my pocket.

Going there again on Saturday, with microwave oven, food and clothes , and will arrange the school bus to pick her up...  So you can put your hand in your pocket and help this family. As no one has helped as yet .

• 1 month later...

Went to see namwan(GIRL) today with food to last a couple of weeks and some clothes for her as well, she was walking to school in the rain , we arranged or the school bus to pick her up for the rest of the year . My wife and I took our hand our of our pocket. Now , what we are asking for , if anyone has a second hand microwave for free or cheap to purchase please let me know . We went to the school and were sadden to see how many poor students there were .We spoke to namwan class teacher and she said how poor some students are. Some are 12 years old and have not been to central mall. We are going to hire a bus to take them there for the day .If anyone wants to donate , I can give a bank accounts details , even if it is a donation of a 150 baht KFC pack.. it all helps these poor kids ... Thank you.

Archived