American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Some members should stop this delirium to think/tell that if it was some Thai who would propose minors for sex on Facebook the police would say nothing! They would end up in jail at the same speed! :cool:

I never read that this guy was proposing minors.

He tried to sell us some land but we gave it a pass because he did not hold legal title, which is common in that part of Chiang Rai.

Also tried to sell us several houses and furniture. He said he needed cash because he wanted to leave Thailand and travel the world.

17 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I never read that this guy was proposing minors.

"You" never read it, probably like allenberg  clicking a like for your comment...I believe you...

but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you :  "Sex   tourism in Myanmar on the site Cracklist and Facebook named Burnese Border Chicks For Hire advertised that tour can take tourists to visit children in Myanmar. Traveling in Chiang Rai, and then bring in sex with children in Myanmar."  

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

"You" never read it, probably like allenberg  clicking a like for your comment...I believe you...

but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you :  "Sex   tourism in Myanmar on the site Cracklist and Facebook named Burnese Border Chicks For Hire advertised that tour can take tourists to visit children in Myanmar. Traveling in Chiang Rai, and then bring in sex with children in Myanmar."  

I hope this is not true, but i stand corrected.

If it's true, then it puts it into a much worse category of crimes.

2 hours ago, grkt said:

What is illegal here ? No kid involved ?1 These country is slowly becoming worst than anywhere else in the world.

Him and 20, 000 other foreigners working without a permit. Seems to me that's the crime if he was just guiding customers into Burma, but  may revise as more details emerge. 

23 minutes ago, FarangRimPing said:

He tried to sell us some land but we gave it a pass because he did not hold legal title, which is common in that part of Chiang Rai.

Also tried to sell us several houses and furniture. He said he needed cash because he wanted to leave Thailand and travel the world.

I guess he got his wish then.

This guy was working as a ‘real estate’ guy in chiang rai many years ago. He also opened some kind of rock climbing park there. Was always trying to find a way to make a living. Clearly got involved in the wrong one. 

Seems to me all you judgmental, presumptuous 'good' people are missing one salient point. Not one of you knows any facts surrounding this 'story'. And for sure, Thai Visa Forum has already found Ken guilty...based on what? Four libelous statements so far... "American pimp", "was running Burmese sex ring", 'After the resolution of the human trafficking case he will be deported" and "He is considered a danger in Thailand". The Nation has taken on the roles of judge, jury and executioner, and by publishing such a 'report' has proven to all it's readers that it is anything but an independent, unbiased tabloid. Finally, I fail to comprehend where this 'human trafficking' accusation arises from. Can some bright spark please shine their light on this!

5 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

Seems to me all you judgmental, presumptuous 'good' people are missing one salient point. Not one of you knows any facts surrounding this 'story'. And for sure, Thai Visa Forum has already found Ken guilty...based on what? Four libelous statements so far... "American pimp", "was running Burmese sex ring", 'After the resolution of the human trafficking case he will be deported" and "He is considered a danger in Thailand". The Nation has taken on the roles of judge, jury and executioner, and by publishing such a 'report' has proven to all it's readers that it is anything but an independent, unbiased tabloid. Finally, I fail to comprehend where this 'human trafficking' accusation arises from. Can some bright spark please shine their light on this!

You have some good point here, some people are too quick to judge without knowing the full story.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

You have some good point here, some people are too quick to judge without knowing the full story.

<deleted> more do you want? Guy was caught in a sting. On that basis alone he is guilty. Forget the bigger picture this is about 1 yank who was pimping Burmese batches out. Question I'd be asking is if this guy thought this was acceptable what else was he into?

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

<deleted> more do you want? Guy was caught in a sting. On that basis alone he is guilty. Forget the bigger picture this is about 1 yank who was pimping Burmese batches out. Question I'd be asking is if this guy thought this was acceptable what else was he into?

And where, pray tell, is the 'human trafficking' element?

19 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

John my mentally challenged reader. If the sting is correct what more do you need. He was caught in the act of selling people for short time or long. That's illegal and now he's gotta face the music. The nation may have embellished his position but he was caught red handed so get a grip.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yes, i always look at the big picture, and i have no sympathy for pimps and the such.

There must be thousands of them in this country. Some of them well respected people.

So i stand by my opinion that some people are too quick to judge.

1 minute ago, sceadugenga said:

Members will address each other politely please, "mentally challenged " does not fall into this category.

Thank you. I would like to have a serious discussion here, because this issue is beginning to bear all the hallmarks of a witch hunt.

39 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

This is one of the best posts seen yet on the forum. 

15 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

Oh, my even greater mentally-challenged, narrow-minded reader...I assume you have the same 'evidence' and insider information as this tabloid?  Noting that you yourself just correctly pointed out to us all...'IF the sting is correct'. And, I will reiterate my concern...'where is this 'human trafficking' element?

Looks like your having a difficult time understanding the cross border aspect of this operation. Women were Burmese. Met at airport near border Co conspirator being investigated on the Myanmar end. Do you think guy was making mo profit for all his efforts of marketing Burmese women? If he makes a profit selling their bodies he is exploiting them and that is defined as human trafficking. I think you do not understand the full definition of human trafficking.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Looks like your having a difficult time understanding the cross border aspect of this operation. Women were Burmese. Met at airport near border Co conspirator being investigated on the Myanmar end. Do you think guy was making mo profit for all his efforts of marketing Burmese women? If he makes a profit selling their bodies he is exploiting them and that is defined as human trafficking. I think you do not understand the full definition of human trafficking.

This ain't easy with you, is it? The salient...er, sorry...most important point here is....you are all JUDGING...based solely on a dubious, and clearly biased, report made only by this tabloid! This is a person. He has rights, supposedly

Thank you. I would like to have a serious discussion here, because this issue is beginning to bear all the hallmarks of a witch hunt.

Yes, a I would like to have serious discussion as well.

I think he was likely framed.

27 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

This ain't easy with you, is it? The salient...er, sorry...most important point here is....you are all JUDGING...based solely on a dubious, and clearly biased, report made only by this tabloid! This is a person. He has rights, supposedly

And this is Thailand NOT farang western modern country.

This is Thailand. Being 'inThailand', you may have possibly realised. Anyway, as a favour, and to further improve your clearly considerable knowledge of the place, many people in Thailand (where you are) have and sell land with no title deed. It's not called peddling. It's legal. But what I'd like to ask you "why is this 'input' relevant here"? And, is it possible you can say something useful?

Archived