American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

Just now, lvr181 said:

And this is Thailand NOT farang western modern country.

Which clearly gives YOU, the farang, a carte blanche to assume, and judge a man, based on the undeniably biased headline on the farang forum of a Thai tabloid?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

This is Thailand. Being 'inThailand', you may have possibly realised. Anyway, as a favour, and to further improve your clearly considerable knowledge of the place, many people in Thailand (where you are) have and sell land with no title deed. It's not called peddling. It's legal. But what I'd like to ask you "why is this 'input' relevant here"? And, is it possible you can say something useful?

And your proof for your 'claim' is?

"...can say something useful?" You're speculating also!

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

And your proof for your 'claim' is?

"...can say something useful?" You're speculating also!

Where you are from....It is guilty until proven innocent? Because that is EXACTLY what 95% of you people are acting like. And, as already proven, this tabloid has already judged...and delivered the guilty verdict. You think this is ok?

Seems to me all you judgmental, presumptuous 'good' people are missing one salient point. Not one of you knows any facts surrounding this 'story'. And for sure, Thai Visa Forum has already found Ken guilty...based on what? Four libelous statements so far... "American pimp", "was running Burmese sex ring", 'After the resolution of the human trafficking case he will be deported" and "He is considered a danger in Thailand". The Nation has taken on the roles of judge, jury and executioner, and by publishing such a 'report' has proven to all it's readers that it is anything but an independent, unbiased tabloid. Finally, I fail to comprehend where this 'human trafficking' accusation arises from. Can some bright spark please shine their light on this!
Human trafficking in that the women crossed the border into Thailand to engage in the sexual activities.
Tho I feel the mamasan they grabbed was responsible for this accusation.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

Where you are from....It is guilty until proven innocent? Because that is EXACTLY what 95% of you people are acting like. And, as already proven, this tabloid has already judged...and delivered the guilty verdict. You think this is ok?

Yup  :thumbsup:  :smile:

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

<deleted> more do you want? Guy was caught in a sting. On that basis alone he is guilty. Forget the bigger picture this is about 1 yank who was pimping Burmese batches out. Question I'd be asking is if this guy thought this was acceptable what else was he into?

Maybe Briars been reincarnated 

55 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

Which clearly gives YOU, the farang, a carte blanche to assume, and judge a man, based on the undeniably biased headline on the farang forum of a Thai tabloid?

Ok John boy let's work on the basis that the story is true for now. How do you feel about it providing it's true?

2 hours ago, OzzyJohn said:

Thank you. I would like to have a serious discussion here, because this issue is beginning to bear all the hallmarks of a witch hunt.

Go figure, what goes around comes around after all. Considering how persistently, prominently and gleefully he has incited and pursued witch hunts in the past I say, serves him well.

A couple of years ago Chiang Mai Gate Theatre presented:  Land Of Smiles  , a thought provoking play that showed different sides of the issue. 

From their summary:

" In recent years, human trafficking has exploded onto the international stage as one of the most disturbing, complex and, many claim, pervasive issues of our time. Often dubbed “modern day slavery,” the focus of the movement that has sprung up to stop trafficking has been to “rescue” girls from situations of labor exploitation—specifically having to do with sex work. The problem with these tactics, and indeed, the entire movement to end human trafficking, is that often the most well intended of advocates do little to empower the women they are trying to “save.”  ".

Also, the women may not wish to be "saved".

Let me ask you all again....Why are you ALL so accusatory...when not one single person has anything to offer in terms of facts... relying instead, and believing, solely on libelous headlines provided by a biased, self-serving tabloid? How narrow-minded and naive are you all?

53 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Gee what an irony as the guy in question does that routinely.

In this very forum...

Who would have thunk it that the champion of the poor oppressed Burmese by the evil Thai would had been a sex trafficker of Burmese girls... well I knew he must had been overcompensating for something and this news just made my day. Too bad I can't visit him in jail and remind him of things he has said in the past, but alas, I'm off to enjoy my holidays in a week and he'll be rotting in a cell.

5 minutes ago, AleG said:

Go figure, what goes around comes around after all. Considering how persistently, prominently and gleefully he has incited and pursued witch hunts in the past I say, serves him well.

oh..so i gather you know him personally?

2 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

Let me ask you all again....Why are you ALL so accusatory...when not one single person has anything to offer in terms of facts... relying instead, and believing, solely on libelous headlines provided by a biased, self-serving tabloid? How narrow-minded and naive are you all?

Well, not everyone here are narrow minded and naive .

You can refer to them as the "hang them high brigade".

If you have some reason not to believe the story, you should say why.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok John boy let's work on the basis that the story is true for now. How do you feel about it providing it's true?

Yes...YOU are working on this basis. As, seemingly, everyone else are. But, no, I personally will NOT work on this basis to entertain you. There is more at stake here

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, not everyone here are narrow minded and naive .

You can refer to them as the "hang them high brigade".

If you have some reason not to believe the story, you should say why.

What right have I to judge? The rest of you also? We don't know anything aside from The Nation telling you people information which they themselves cannot possibly confirm, and which they have proffered to all you 'readers' as an interesting story! 

Maybe some of you should reread the news article.
It says he was captured HELPING by way of running a website. And it appears he also drove the person doing the sting from point A to meeting point B. BTW that website looks defunct and un-updated, circa 2014. This hardly puts him at the center of this.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, OzzyJohn said:

What right have I to judge? The rest of you also? We don't know anything aside from The Nation telling you people information which they themselves cannot possibly confirm, and which they have proffered to all you 'readers' as an interesting story! 

This is exactly my point, pls stop saying "all of you" , " the rest of you".

If i judge, i judge facts, not sensationalist headtitles.

14 minutes ago, amexpat said:

A couple of years ago Chiang Mai Gate Theatre presented:  Land Of Smiles  , a thought provoking play that showed different sides of the issue. 

From their summary:

" In recent years, human trafficking has exploded onto the international stage as one of the most disturbing, complex and, many claim, pervasive issues of our time. Often dubbed “modern day slavery,” the focus of the movement that has sprung up to stop trafficking has been to “rescue” girls from situations of labor exploitation—specifically having to do with sex work. The problem with these tactics, and indeed, the entire movement to end human trafficking, is that often the most well intended of advocates do little to empower the women they are trying to “save.”  ".

Also, the women may not wish to be "saved".

Modern day slavery is very much alive and kicking.

Of course the view that women are somehow “ empowered “ - do I hate that word - in using their bodies as sex workers to make ends meet must be the biggest load of cr*p in the social workers handbook.

Of course they enjoy every minute.

My posts often don’t go down too well as a large proportion of TV members seem to think prostitution is totally socially acceptable.

The report is OK - it’s the comment you chose to add.

Maybe the male majority on TV would think twice if they had to bend over or were seen purely as sex objects to be purchased. 

Human trafficking is vile.

The verdant hills and valleys of Chiang Rai tend to attract a colorful fringe element of society but even by our eccentric standards, he was out there.  Conspiracy theories, rants and accusations were cornerstones of his online persona and he led a very unusual life.  As irritating and confrontational as he has alway been, I am surprised he got away with this and his other scams for so long.

I get that the snowflakes on here may want to give him the benefit of the doubt, simply due to the color of his skin, but people who have watched his tenure here in the Rai are relieved he has finally been dealt with by the locals.  He is not the first nor will he be the last, one would hope.  The bad apples give us all a bad rep.

8 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

The verdant hills and valleys of Chiang Rai tend to attract a colorful fringe element of society but even by our eccentric standards, he was out there.  Conspiracy theories, rants and accusations were cornerstones of his online persona and he led a very unusual life.  As irritating and confrontational as he has alway been, I am surprised he got away with this and his other scams for so long.

I get that the snowflakes on here may want to give him the benefit of the doubt, simply due to the color of his skin, but people who have watched his tenure here in the Rai are relieved he has finally been dealt with by the locals.  He is not the first nor will he be the last, one would hope.  The bad apples give us all a bad rep.

I don't know what other scams you are alluding to, but if he is investigated this sex ring thing would be the least of his worries, or for that matter other people's worries, what with him being so adept at singing and all that...

Archived