American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Maybe you haven't seen it? Here is the answer I made in post 169 admitting maybe "I was too fast"? understanding/translating  เด็ก dek as children  

I re-read it you are very likely right because dek being mainly children in everyday language probably I was too fast,  I know dek is used in many other definitions, dek kai: male prostitute,

dek yok grapao : bagage boy and so on. So sorry I was convinced at least ... so let's hope I was wrong :smile:

PS: children most often  dek dek the more I think of it the most I guess I was too fast, yes :cool:

Here is the link in Thai:   https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/642194

yes exactly - "dek" does not always mean "children" many other meanings which you so thoughtfully expressed - thank you for some clarification and relenting... in this situation with Khun Albertson - there were no underage children involved.  and all "trafficking" charges have been dropped.  krup. ?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to a long term Chiang Rai resident yesterday, a keen observer of expat crises often from less than a safe distance for more than 20 years. 

He said that he would be more than amazed if the police and immigration walked away from this with a minimal response after the media publicity and considering who made the original complaint . 

20 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Thanks for the information, we've tried to keep this topic as close to the subject matter as possible and a large number of offensive posts have been removed along with warnings and suspensions issued.

yet still the thread title - American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook - stands

IMO there is no doubt what happened , he advertised his services online, for everyone to see.

Kinda stupid thing to do , but I guess some people will look at it as an innocent thing to do , as long as the Burmese girls were over 18 . 

But I agree , the headline is not misleading. 

The headline isn't misleading?
For starters
-a pimp; someone who usually exerts control over and lives off the profits of prostitutes.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, wcoast said:

-a pimp; someone who usually exerts control over and lives off the profits of prostitutes.

When I google I get this :

a pimp: a man who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking part of their earnings in return.

So he did this for free ?  If they can't prove he earned money on his arranged trips over the border to take customers to see girls ,  then maybe he can get released without any charges ?  

On 5/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

When the man conducting the sting paid the agreed 3,000 baht for the women - aged 25 and 18 - the American and his accomplice and the sex workers were all arrested.

It seems he did get paid.  

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:24 AM, SplitInfinitive said:

I spoke to a long term Chiang Rai resident yesterday, a keen observer of expat crises often from less than a safe distance for more than 20 years. 

He said that he would be more than amazed if the police and immigration walked away from this with a minimal response after the media publicity and considering who made the original complaint . 

Who made the original complaint?

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why do you want to know, anyway ?

I'm just curious.  I knew Ken and am shocked by this whole story.  I keep checking back here to see if there is any further news on his case.

Archived