American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

The verdant hills and valleys of Chiang Rai tend to attract a colorful fringe element of society but even by our eccentric standards, he was out there.  Conspiracy theories, rants and accusations were cornerstones of his online persona and he led a very unusual life.  As irritating and confrontational as he has alway been, I am surprised he got away with this and his other scams for so long.

I get that the snowflakes on here may want to give him the benefit of the doubt, simply due to the color of his skin, but people who have watched his tenure here in the Rai are relieved he has finally been dealt with by the locals.  He is not the first nor will he be the last, one would hope.  The bad apples give us all a bad rep.

You are yet another closet talker? Tough stuff. Or you don't mind sharing with us the details of how you are so knowledgeable about this guy?

11 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

The verdant hills and valleys of Chiang Rai tend to attract a colorful fringe element of society but even by our eccentric standards, he was out there.  Conspiracy theories, rants and accusations were cornerstones of his online persona and he led a very unusual life.  As irritating and confrontational as he has alway been, I am surprised he got away with this and his other scams for so long.

I get that the snowflakes on here may want to give him the benefit of the doubt, simply due to the color of his skin, but people who have watched his tenure here in the Rai are relieved he has finally been dealt with by the locals.  He is not the first nor will he be the last, one would hope.  The bad apples give us all a bad rep.

Fair enough, but the colour of the skin has not much to do with giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

23 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

This is exactly my point, pls stop saying "all of you" , " the rest of you".

If i judge, i judge facts, not sensationalist headtitles.

Sorry...i apologise to you. But the general consensus...you can surely see for yourself

Just now, OzzyJohn said:

Sorry...i apologise to you. But the general consensus...you can surely see for yourself

No worry, but i tend to believe " VillageFarang" , he lives long time in CR, and for some reason i trust what he says.

I agree very much that is not right to base one's judgement on a newspaper's headline.

1 hour ago, OzzyJohn said:

Well, your prerogative I guess. I'm fully aware that I'm only a 'New' member here, and that you're a fully fledged 'TIT' member. So, I'm humbled

Innocent until proven guilty, thats a bedrock of a decent law abiding society

I will say no more on that

As for yourself my man you are doing rather well and will help to bring some sanity to this sometimes rather rumbustious forum

33 minutes ago, wcoast said:

Maybe some of you should reread the news article.
It says he was captured HELPING by way of running a website. And it appears he also drove the person doing the sting from point A to meeting point B. BTW that website looks defunct and un-updated, circa 2014. This hardly puts him at the center of this.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Ok so he's an illegal cabbie, Yh I like the other story better.

3 hours ago, OzzyJohn said:

Seems to me all you judgmental, presumptuous 'good' people are missing one salient point. Not one of you knows any facts surrounding this 'story'. And for sure, Thai Visa Forum has already found Ken guilty.

One fact that I do know is that Ken used to cross over to Tachilek quite regularly over the years .

He seemed to go there every few weeks and stay for a few nights , says that he was sightseeing .

4 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Innocent until proven guilty, thats a bedrock of a decent law abiding society

I will say no more on that

As for yourself my man you are doing rather well and will help to bring some sanity to this sometimes rather rumbustious forum

I appreciate that. Thanks

Just now, sanemax said:

One fact that I do know is that Ken used to cross over to Tachilek quite regularly over the years .

He seemed to go there every few weeks and stay for a few nights , says that he was sightseeing .

Seems a few mothballs are coming out the closet on this fella. A few ducks are quacking on this chap. This lads been on the loose too long by the sounds of it.

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I never read that this guy was proposing minors.

The advert didnt say "minors" but it said "cute, young , petite girls ".

Why would people need an "agency" to find regular prostitutes ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The advert didnt say "minors" but it said "cute, young , petite girls ".

Why would people need an "agency" to find regular prostitutes ?

Well, i am not expert, cannot answer your question.

I am just against the rushing to quick judgement, specially when the facts are not clear.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Seems a few mothballs are coming out the closet on this fella. A few ducks are quacking on this chap. This lads been on the loose too long by the sounds of it.

You clearly appear to possess a bee in your bonnet...with a rather caustic sting. Is there a reason for your apparent hatred for someone whom I presume you don't actually know? Or am i mistaken on this? Either way you have repeatedly chosen to avoid explaining why you insist on believing the libelous comments made by your favorite tabloid. Or maybe you're experiencing difficulty on that front. In that case, I extend my sympathies

12 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

You clearly appear to possess a bee in your bonnet...with a rather caustic sting. Is there a reason for your apparent hatred for someone whom I presume you don't actually know? Or am i mistaken on this? Either way you have repeatedly chosen to avoid explaining why you insist on believing the libelous comments made by your favorite tabloid. Or maybe you're experiencing difficulty on that front. In that case, I extend my sympathies

As explained John my boy. More than a few sources have come out the woodwork on this chap and he appears to have been getting away with it far too long. Put simply, just for you - the lad should have stuck to bamboo drum sticks and this nightmare may never have began.

4 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

"You" never read it, probably like allenberg  clicking a like for your comment...I believe you...

but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you :  "Sex   tourism in Myanmar on the site Cracklist and Facebook named Burnese Border Chicks For Hire advertised that tour can take tourists to visit children in Myanmar. Traveling in Chiang Rai, and then bring in sex with children in Myanmar."  

It uses the word 'dek' and uses the same word 'dek' to describe the 2 women that were there at the time of the arrest, who weren't minors - they were 18 and 25. 

'Dek' in thai is flexible, like 'girls' in English. 'I like Thai girls' doesn't necessarily mean 'I like Thai children.' The word dek is used in many non-pedophilia contexts, you can say someone is 'naa dek', they look young.

If there were minors involved I'm sure the original Thai article would have spelt it out much clearer.

9 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Let’s wait and see. Chances are  that from the surface he looks like a bad guy doing wrong things but this is a place where you never can be sure of the facts.

"Innocent until proven guilty"

I think better said as 'Proven guilty when proven guilty'

10 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

And I don't really understand your rather passionate defence of this guy ? I presume that you know him personally ? 

This forum is visited by people from all over the world, some live here, some visit, some have never been to Thailand, so when we read a news report whether it be from the Nation, the BKK post (yes I know that they don't allow us to refer to their content) the UK's Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Express, Telegraph, Sydney Herald, New York Times, The Straits Times etc, we have to take what is offered as Gospel to a certain extent.

The report states that the guy has been arrested for advertising on FaceBook (Muppet) & Craigslist, cute Burmese Chicks & facilitating a law enforcement officer(s) in the above.

It is not pre - judging, it is going on the information available and making an assessment of the situation from the information available, so please, elucidate as to your connection to this guy and explain why we, the readers of the information provided should not have our say ??  

10 hours ago, wcoast said:

I know of this man, actually... I have met him a few times through a mutual Thai friend. Went to see him in Mae Sai jail today but I just missed him being transferred to Chiang Rai. People have a right to their opinion, personally I'm surprised as is my Thai friend. Then again nothing much surprises me these days. I'm going to try offer him some assistance if I can.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Did you know he was pimping out young women? Let him face the music alone.

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

#1] Modern day slavery is very much alive and kicking.

Of course the view that women are somehow “ empowered “ - do I hate that word - in using their bodies as sex workers to make ends meet must be the biggest load of cr*p in the social workers handbook.

Of course they enjoy every minute.

#2] My posts often don’t go down too well as a large proportion of TV members seem to think prostitution is totally socially acceptable.

#3] The report is OK - it’s the comment you chose to add.

#4] Maybe the male majority on TV would think twice if they had to bend over or were seen purely as sex objects to be purchased. 

#5]Human trafficking is vile.

1] was there any point or punch line in that rant ?

2] prostitution is everywhere in thailand, alas its socially acceptable in thailand

3] um, OK

4] i was actually contemplating selling myself to woman at a bar,

but due to inconvenient working hours (roughly starting at 3 am),

i decided my pension is enough.

5] i just googled human trafficking, it read forced labour or sex slave,

but this appear to be a case of myanmar woman hookers lookin for more punters,

and this ole american fart found a way to make a buck by bringing more punters to the whores

23 minutes ago, poanoi said:

5] i just googled human trafficking, it read forced labour or sex slave,

The full paragraph was :

the action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labour or commercial sexual exploitation.

Of course, none of the indignant male posters here have ever paid for sex with trafficed young females from Thailand, Burma, Cambodia, Lao, Vietnam, etc. Otherwise they wouldn't be so self righteous, right? 

Archived