American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

1 minute ago, IslandLover said:

Don't be so facetious.  I was not referring to 'Jim' and well you know.

You stated "his twitter posts" without stating who you meant by "him" and I was just asking whether you were referring to Jim

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OzzyJohn said:

Yet again, another 'contributor' claims they personally know something about this man. How can this possibly be perceived as an impartial forum?????????

It never has been, and you, personally, have helped feed the fire.

This is a forum that makes it money based on traffic, and traffic is generated by clicks and content.

Your contributions here ar ensuring the thread gets both additional views and additional comments. 

In essence, you are your own, or kens worst enemy here.  

3 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

It never has been, and you, personally, have helped feed the fire.

This is a forum that makes it money based on traffic, and traffic is generated by clicks and content.

Your contributions here ar ensuring the thread gets both additional views and additional comments. 

In essence, you are your own, or kens worst enemy here.  

A very good point. Thank you. I'm beginning to realise this. Sadly

I am really confused.  Trafficking is the "selling" or literally imprisonment (be it by real imprisonment, or hooking a woman on drugs) women.

The article indicates that both are over age 18 and it appears to be nothing other than prostitution. 

In Thailand about 14% of ALL women work in the sex trade at some time.  So every "bar" owner is a sex trafficker?

I mean, really, of course he is not allowed to "work" without a permit in Thailand, but come on....every tourist that comes to Thailand for sex finds it, be it from the hooker herself, or from an intermediate, usually the bar owner.  So just how is this different? 

Did I miss something?

I'm sorry...but i have a bit of a problem understanding practically all of your one liners. 

I know I can be confusing, sorry about that. I’ll try to restate:

Okay, if I understand correctly, you claim to be disappointed about the click-bait commercial format of the site. Assuming that is the case, what were you hoping to have found?

Is that more clear?

I also asked that, as this was your first experience with the site:
1. How did you happen on the site? And:
2. How is it this was the first topic you decided to participate in?

I hope these questions are clear as well.

Thanks

I am really confused.  Trafficking is the "selling" or literally imprisonment (be it by real imprisonment, or hooking a woman on drugs) women.

The article indicates that both are over age 18 and it appears to be nothing other than prostitution. 

In Thailand about 14% of ALL women work in the sex trade at some time.  So every "bar" owner is a sex trafficker?

I mean, really, of course he is not allowed to "work" without a permit in Thailand, but come on....every tourist that comes to Thailand for sex finds it, be it from the hooker herself, or from an intermediate, usually the bar owner.  So just how is this different? 

Did I miss something?

Yes

9 minutes ago, jsflynn603 said:

Did I miss something?

Finally, a sensible, accurate contribution!

Thank you

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I know I can be confusing, sorry about that. I’ll try to restate:

Okay, if I understand correctly, you claim to be disappointed about the click-bait commercial format of the site. Assuming that is the case, what were you hoping to have found?

Is that more clear?

I also asked that, as this was your first experience with the site:
1. How did you happen on the site? And:
2. How is it this was the first topic you decided to participate in?

I hope these questions are clear as well.

Thanks

A friend sent me the page. And I read the blinkered, naive comments by 'contributors', and the calumnious headlines that these 'intellects' were charmed by. And it disgusted me.

I dont see how he actually provided help beyond buying him a meal.

It seems more to me like he is trying to interject himself into the whole situation, for  whatever reason, by visiting a man he does not know in jail.

If the motive was truly altruistic i supect he might just have kept his charitable visit quiet, his posting here does not seem to aid the gentleman in jail in any way.

Paragraphing skills are sorely lacking as well.
Oh please forgive my laziness and rambling, I was just following TV protocol.
What I offered or actually provided is irrelevant, that fact is that I took time out of my day to drive 1.5hrs to the jail in blistering heat on a motorcycle to be of service. My reason is purely humanitarian. Why I posted is questionable, maybe even to myself. Surely second hand word of mouth has some merit, certainly more than the vile accounting dreamed up in some of these posts.
Finally, even tho we have only met, not been aquainted, I pity the fool to a degree. The wolves here will do what they will with what they have. I have no agenda, I was curious enough to search for the truth, and reveal what I found. Who the hell set to languish in a Thai prison wouldn't be comforted by a visit from someone they barely ever met. His crime is not so heinous that I am repulsed. Furthermore I was urged by our mutual aquaintance, a fine moral businesswoman with whom I am good friends.

I like it when people throw shit on me, it reveals their character. Paragraphed

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes

Thank you mogandave,  perhaps you might be kind enough to summarize just what it is that I missed, please.

I read: " 3,000 baht for the women - aged 25 and 18"    There was nothing about underage, and 3,000 baht is not human for sale, it's "human for rent" pretty much the same as what happens with bar girls.

A short summary would be really nice for there is a monstrous amount of responses here.

1 hour ago, OzzyJohn said:

No, I'm not. But there is too much vindictiveness on offer here, without anyone thinking about the wider picture. Consider the aspects of all this...the logistics of the 'sting' in particular. Please think laterally. Or at least, please just think.

John what you are reading here is normal my man

There is a reason Thaivisa members have the reputation we have 

You need to lay back and think of whatever 5555555

Did I miss something?

The women are Burmese. Trafficking is moving people across borders, often against their will, for illegal purposes. Hence, it's trafficking.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, wcoast said:

Oh please forgive my laziness and rambling, I was just following TV protocol.
What I offered or actually provided is irrelevant, that fact is that I took time out of my day to drive 1.5hrs to the jail in blistering heat on a motorcycle to be of service. My reason is purely humanitarian. Why I posted is questionable, maybe even to myself. Surely second hand word of mouth has some merit, certainly more than the vile accounting dreamed up in some of these posts.
Finally, even tho we have only met, not been aquainted, I pity the fool to a degree. The wolves here will do what they will with what they have. I have no agenda, I was curious enough to search for the truth, and reveal what I found. Who the hell set to languish in a Thai prison wouldn't be comforted by a visit from someone they barely ever met. His crime is not so heinous that I am repulsed. Furthermore I was urged by our mutual aquaintance, a fine moral businesswoman with whom I am good friends.

I like it when people throw shit on me, it reveals their character. Paragraphed

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Good on you!

13 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Yeah..don't i know it. But, come on please...this is a guy's life

A friend sent me the page. And I read the blinkered, naive comments by 'contributors', and the calumnious headlines that these 'intellects' were charmed by. And it disgusted me.

So you have a friend that is a regular on the site?

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The women are Burmese. Trafficking is moving people across borders, often against their will, for illegal purposes. Hence, it's trafficking.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you, yes, against their will... and prostitution is illegal, though when I lived in Chaing mai, that really did not seem to the the case at all.

Here is what I thought trafficking is:

Merriam Webster

“Definition of human trafficking : organized criminal activity in which human beings are treated as possessions to be controlled and exploited (as by being forced into prostitution or involuntary labor)”

US Homeland Security

“What Is Human Trafficking? | Homeland Security: Human trafficking is modern-day slavery and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act.

United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

“What is Human Trafficking?

Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons defines Trafficking in Persons as the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs”

I guess it can be called trafficking then, sort of, after all if you remove all the words like force, and threat, then yes, prostitution is listed therein, yet then it must be the same as what, 5,000 bars in Thailand do routinely.

I just find some of the responses here odd, have there been a huge influx of Baptists  since I last visited, or perhaps a wave of born-again converts that appears to be so eager to point fingers at what (I'm guessing and of course, I'm innocent) about half of us here, partake or have partaken in.  After all, if you have EVER paid, then you are a trafficker--uh, sort of by one of the three definitions. (sort of...maybe)

But thank you for your response and you have an absolute right to your point of view.

14 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

So you have a friend that is a regular on the site?

I have no idea whether he is a 'regular'. And why is this pertinent? You ask very strange questions, in a very creepy way. I hope you don't mind me alluding to this

2 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

You will just have to get used to the holier than thou members who are very picky about what they are holy about

Thats if you intend on sticking around any length of time

I have no idea whether he is a 'regular'. And why is this pertinent? You ask very strange questions, in a very creepy way. I hope you don't mind me alluding to this

You are getting the hang of this John 55555555

7 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

8 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You sound like you're preparing me for initiation into some kind of expat masonic sect, And you're the Big Eagle. We should meet up first and get pissed!

You sound like you're preparing me for initiation into some kind of expat masonic sect, And you're the Big Eagle. We should meet up first and get pissed!

You are far more intelligent, and even handed than yours truly so should not get  into too much bother on here unlike myself

I will leave you to it  555

@wcoast:  Thanks for posting and thanks for taking the time to make the arduous journey to see him.   He's in a pretty unenviable position.   

Like some of the posters, I don't think what he did was all that terrible, but it is against the law and foreigners need to be very careful when living in a foreign country.    If you look at some of the things that happen to people who travel through the ME with prescription medication, you get an idea of how strict some places can be.   

He helped bring people across a border for illegal purposes; prostitution is illegal in Thailand.   From a legal point of view I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on.   He has a Facebook page advertising it and he accepted money for it.

He was an easy mark and he was actively involved.    He's not a lot different than the police picking up the guy selling a small quantity of drugs.   They are easy picking.

Hopefully he will receive fair treatment from the Judicial system.   He is not a fish in the troubled pond, but he is far from being a big fish.   

6 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

You are far more intelligent, and even handed than yours truly so should not get  into too much bother on here unlike myself

I will leave you to it  555

You're an odd one. I can't work you out. How do YOU perceive all this?

Archived