Jontien beach disaster zone! Stinking black sea as tourists flee!

webfact

Everyone living or holidaying in Jomtien ( and pattaya) know that the water is filthy, now, and always has been . Sometimes the water is worse, and actually smells, one look years back and Ive never ever even paddled in it. I have mentioned before on here that people living in View Talay filmed the water on different mornings, and you can clearly see a river of black flowing into the sea.Disgusting. The authorities have never done anything, and never will, though I suspect that it’s too late anyway ! While  I’m at it, have a look at second road , Jomtien, it’s one rubbish tip from one end to the other and is used as public toilets for the thousands of buses that stop there . Health hazard signs should be put up on the beaches and some roads. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

A rather apt name I think.....

I think

10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

A rather apt name I think.....

Actually the name of the restaurant is Pupen .

Its way up the end of the beach -in Na-Jomtien really- just a few feet of grubby sand by the side of the road. Can’t see hundreds of tourists escaping the stink. ( maybe the tours go there for cheap recreation? 

2 hours ago, CLW said:

As far I can remember the last time there was some sewage water in the sea the local TV channel Sophon cable also reported about the not working plants. Since then heard nothing more. Was it shutdown from the junta government emoji848.png?

It's a fair assumption, because they are attempting to shut everything else down:smile:

nothing new,

The Gulf of Thailand has been used as a chemical and human waste dump for decades

Too late to stop it.

All they can do now  is try and save Phuket /krabi : which they wont.

Myanamar should be the next main  trashy Asian  tourist destination assuming they can find some humans to govern the place.

President Duterte shut down Boracay for a lot less than this. Good Government is hard to find. Now all tourist beaches in the Philippines are in fear of shutdown if they don't clean up their beaches and their polluting ways. Love Philippine beaches. Just came back from General Luna on Siargao and the main city beach is in good shape and people are hired to pick up any plastic that comes in.

President Duterte shut down Boracay for a lot less than this. Good Government is hard to find. Now all tourist beaches in the Philippines are in fear of shutdown if they don't clean up their beaches and their polluting ways. Love Philippine beaches. Just came back from General Luna on Siargao and the main city beach is in good shape and people are hired to pick up any plastic that comes in.
Agree. Wrote about that in another thread and was accused being a supporter of dictatorship. But in this particular topic, hands down to Duterte.
I wish they had some balls in Thailand for such action.
Maybe Prayuth at the beginning of his period. But now he seems to be soft washed and just luring to stay in the office after the election.
Maybe a job for Big Joke!

nothing new,
The Gulf of Thailand has been used as a chemical and human waste dump for decades
Too late to stop it.
All they can do now  is try and save Phuket /krabi : which they wont.
Myanamar should be the next main  trashy Asian  tourist destination assuming they can find some humans to govern the place.

Thai friend of mine had been recently to some burmese islands near Ranong.
Absolutely stunning.

17 hours ago, grollies said:

Totally agree. Someone should bring the obvious non-use of this STW to the attention of the military government.

I'm sure, with the expectations of the EEC projects and Prayut's vision to encourage family tourism to Eastern Thailand, something as basic as sewage treatment, or lack of it, at a resort such as Jomtiem should bring a response to the STW operators.

Why you guys who live there haven't already brought this to someone's attention amazes me.

So no one responsible has realized this is a thing? I guess someone needs to remind Somchai that this needs doing. See post #12 for a real world view of this situation.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/928860-treatment-plant-expansion-seen-as-key-to-reversing-pattaya’s-worsening-water-quality/

On 5/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, Just1Voice said:

Thai seem to have the belief that they can do whatever they want, and the beaches & water will remain pristine, and the tourists will flock to them.  Slowly, they are learning the truth. 

Nothing ever "Learned" by this lot :coffee1:

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At least Jomptien has a beach. Pattaya's is disappearing fast. It's not very wide at high tide.

I am witnessing the opposite.

It appears Jomtien has been slowly eroding less beach area.

And when they do finish that north end of Pattaya it will become popular much more beach area added.

But with all this none of these "beaches" here are indeed that in my opinion.  Australia and Hawaii have "beaches" which to me means ocean water with normal 4 to 6 foot waves, maybe bigger.  A place where you can surf/body surf.

Jomtien/Pattaya are more like lakes with sand. Kind of a bore......

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, johng said:

Last time I looked not being used, but if it ever is then those condos being built next door... well !!!!

I went to have another look  these are new photos  same same

2058465217_P_20180524_143036(Large).jpg.6a6640d30d330180bbe9c2ec84830138.jpg1698793348_P_20180524_143032(Large).jpg.a2a885cc4362ceca3a02aae98030b224.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's like this is supposed to be news. Lived in Reflection 35th floor overlooking Poo pen to the north for 3 years and the black goo has flowed the entire time. It combines with the gunk from the canal just to the south to serve up a very nasty brew of shit that can be running for miles. At low tide it flows inside the sandbar and turns the sand black. This is Asia and what Asians do, no surprise here. Like swimming in an unflushed toilet.

Just now, johng said:
5 minutes ago, essox essox said:
are they not waiting for the RIGHT kind of sand to be delivered ???

Yes thats the latest "excuse"

they have been talking about the SAND DELIVERY for months .....so NOT really the latest excuse...but I understand what you mean

On 6/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, johng said:

I went to have another look  these are new photos  same same

2058465217_P_20180524_143036(Large).jpg.6a6640d30d330180bbe9c2ec84830138.jpg1698793348_P_20180524_143032(Large).jpg.a2a885cc4362ceca3a02aae98030b224.jpg

Right now Somchai the security man is telling his mates , with roars of laughter: " and then crazy farang balances on ledge to take photos of broken sewage plant - it broke for long time and he take photos every week!"

?

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Right now Somchai the security man is telling his mates , with roars of laughter: " and then crazy farang balances on ledge to take photos of broken sewage plant - it broke for long time and he take photos every week!"

?

But at least they are cutting the grass.

Archived