BANGKOK 21 April 2019 02:00
webfact

Penang consulate limits visa applications to 100 per day

Penang consulate limits visa applications to 100 per day

The Phuket News

1525765997_1-org.jpg

The notice was posted earlier today (May 8). Image: Royal Thai Consulate-General, Penang

PHUKET: The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Penang has announced that it will limit the number of visas issued to just 100 per day, starting from Monday (May 14).

Persons with incomplete documents will not be permitted to enter the building and those found to have had their visa application rejected must not apply until next day, the consulate said in a notice issued earlier today (May 8) marked “ANNOUNCEMENT (visa matters esp. tourists) starting from Monday, 14 May”

Overstays incur a high risk of visa refusal and submission of fake documents will automatically incur a one-year ban on applying for a visa to enter the country, the notice warned.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/penang-consulate-limits-visa-applications-to-100-per-day-67043.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-05-08
  • Sad 1

Copy of the entire announcement.

5af11ac1a156c_Penangchanges.jpg.3375e284

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A off topic post and a reply to it have been removed.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

No bank statements in UK Pounds accepted which seems strange

I would suggest the fake documents refers to Airline tickets using a service where a ticket can be "rented" not really surprising they are checking these considering the total idiots that discuss how to do this on a open forum

It does seem odd that if in pounds you have to do the conversion for them and state the rate used.

I suspect fake documents are ones that have been created to meet other requirements as well. Accommodations come to mind as a possibility.

Doesn't look like Penang is a fun place anymore for visas. Authority seems to be stamped down.

That said, they are probably being realistic with the 100 applications a day, I wonder how many they have been receiving? A little bit of extra planning might be required for applicants from now on, a couple of days planned stay extra instead of just an overnight stop.

Good luck to one and all.

29 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

No bank statements in UK Pounds accepted which seems strange

I would suggest the fake documents refers to Airline tickets using a service where a ticket can be "rented" not really surprising they are checking these considering the total idiots that discuss how to do this on a open forum

And the 1 year ban is rather harsh

Is that unprecedented ?

Getting blacklisted without overstaying (and maybe without even entering Thailand at all )

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And the 1 year ban is rather harsh

Is that unprecedented ?

Getting blacklisted without overstaying (and maybe without even entering Thailand at all )

I would suggest that that means applying for a visa for 1 year from Penang not being banned from entering the country for 1 year

Whether that means from all Embassies is unclear, they would only be able to do this if they put something in your PP

• Like 1

Is this applicable to ALL types of visa application or just tourist visa applications? 

Non-O visa applications have never required details of accommodation or onward travel, and overseas non-Baht bank statements have been accepted. The advice seems only applicable to tourist visa applications.

• Like 1

^ Go after 14th and see if same straightforward procedure .

I expect some of this is likely roll on to other local consulates in time .