Self catered simple house raft in Sai Yok - still there?

LuukKoeyKorat

Hi

So about eight years ago I Iast went to visit Kanchanaburi with a bunch of friends and we continued into the Sai Yok National Park.

Near to the park entrance on the river, you could rent these basic covered house boats by the day, with small simple enclosed sleeping room in the middle and covered verandah all around. Basic toilet at the back and 'kitchen area'.  The house boat (raft) deal included a cool box and clay charcoal burner & before setting off on the river, you would buy all your veggies, meat, oil, charcoal, drinks etc that you needed which you could then cook on the raft. Great times! We were pulled out away from the park entrance to a secluded quiet spot on the river for the night...and early next day you would be pulled along to a different spot on the river. I seem to remember the price was approx 2,000 baht per night.

I have googled and searched everywhere... but I can only come up with the static house boat hotels.

Do these simple, self catering house boat set ups still exist on the river at Sai Yok park? Does anyone have a link or contact details if so? has anyone been recently?

Many thanks in advance!

LKK

Archived