2018/19 transfers

Bredbury Blue

Vaguely remember this from the beginning of the season, so happy to be corrected. But if I remember rightly the other European clubs haven't bought into it so I think they can still buy from us after we shut our window but we can't buy from them?

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Vaguely remember this from the beginning of the season, so happy to be corrected. But if I remember rightly the other European clubs haven't bought into it so I think they can still buy from us after we shut our window but we can't buy from them?

"Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but they won't be able to bring in replacements after the deadline of August 9. At the moment, the Premier League is the only league to have brought in the new ruling but the Football League could decide to follow their example."

"Fifa rules dictate the window must be open for 12 weeks which will mean the date clubs can start to sign players has also be brought forward." - 12 weeks to spend 1.2billion...woo hoo!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but they won't be able to bring in replacements after the deadline of August 9. At the moment, the Premier League is the only league to have brought in the new ruling but the Football League could decide to follow their example."

"Fifa rules dictate the window must be open for 12 weeks which will mean the date clubs can start to sign players has also be brought forward." - 12 weeks to spend 1.2billion...woo hoo!

That's right loads a money and between the pair of ya you ain't got a clue who to buy.

1.2B

You could prise a few players away and I think the focus shall be Mercenary as opposed to next best thing. 

23 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's right loads a money and between the pair of ya you ain't got a clue who to buy.

1.2B

You could prise a few players away and I think the focus shall be Mercenary as opposed to next best thing. 

city might have more money than god and allah put together but i don't think you can really cite any of their players as mercenaries. that seems unfair. they're not just there for the money, they're there to be part of a side that wins stuff. i don't blame them for that. they're just loaded as a club. is what it is. honestly can't think of a city player who went there purely for cash. even sterling. the player not the currency.

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

city might have more money than god and allah put together but i don't think you can really cite any of their players as mercenaries. that seems unfair. they're not just there for the money, they're there to be part of a side that wins stuff. i don't blame them for that. they're just loaded as a club. is what it is. honestly can't think of a city player who went there purely for cash. even sterling. the player not the currency.

Never said they were. Said the focus may well be to bring in a few mercenaries as opposed to lads like Silva (B), Sane and Jesus who were up and coming. They have a young squad overall so maybe they need a couple of experienced lads to come in for a bit of short term gain. Someone like naingolan of roma.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Never said they were. Said the focus may well be to bring in a few mercenaries as opposed to lads like Silva (B), Sane and Jesus who were up and coming. They have a young squad overall so maybe they need a couple of experienced lads to come in for a bit of short term gain. Someone like naingolan of roma.

city haven't brought in any mercenaries so far have they though? clearly nobody in that squad is in it for just the money. apart from a now-lazy yaya who earned his pay previously. there's no winston bogardes in the city squad. you're off base with the mercenaries thing.

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

city haven't brought in any mercenaries so far have they though? clearly nobody in that squad is in it for just the money. apart from a now-lazy yaya who earned his pay previously. there's no winston bogardes in the city squad. you're off base with the mercenaries thing.

That's not my idea of a mercenary to be honest. I'm not saying to buy lads based on wages etc I'm saying they may opt to go for a bit more experience as opposed to next best thing. Lads who have been round the block a bit with the experience they maybe need to crack on in the CL like.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's not my idea of a mercenary to be honest. I'm not saying to buy lads based on wages etc I'm saying they may opt to go for a bit more experience as opposed to next best thing. Lads who have been round the block a bit with the experience they maybe need to crack on in the CL like.

then that's the wrong definition of mercenary. you're just talking about senior experienced pros. which are just smart signings.

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

then that's the wrong definition of mercenary. you're just talking about senior experienced pros. which are just smart signings.

To be fair most of the city lads are there for the wronga nonew are kissing the shirt

It is a stupid decision to close the transfer window so early, especially in a World Cup year. Clubs will race to buy players and could then see them injured in the WC.

City should be OK because other clubs don't have the financial clout to take their best players after August 9th; others are far more vulnerable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Daniel Levy has given Muuricio Cratchett a whole WEEK off! ?

All over twatter poch been spotted on an easyjet to girona and a taxi is booked for Madrid.  Spurs really rubbed off on him

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2018 at 3:12 PM, jellydog said:

Wilshere to the Hammers.

One of them where he could be the best or worst signing of the season. Everyone knows he’s talented and plastic. 

I do wish they wouldn’t come out with this crap about “boyhood supporter”bla bla.....everyone knows he joined cos it’s a 3 year deal. Just be honest. Fans know the score. 

Archived