Hotel key card leads to identity of mystery foreigner washed up on Hua Hin beach

Hotel key card leads to identity of mystery foreigner washed up on Hua Hin beach

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRi8ddHsIa5IlADkgz.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police and medics were called to the area of Hua Hin beach near Soi 35 when a young foreigner was found washed up on the sands.

The heavily tattooed man had been dead about two days and was clothed. There were no injuries on the body though Thai Rath reported there was a little blood emanating from the mouth.

The body was taken for autopsy.

There was a hotel key card on the body that led police to where he was staying and his identity.

He was 22 year old Portuguese national David Julian Carlos who had told hotel staff on Monday that he was going out swimming.

Police said it looks like he went out swimming alone and possibly suffered cramp or a seizure.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-09

Maybe he drank some of the highly pure seawater that was washed up from the other side of the bay ?!

The sea is no nanny and one really has to be highly cautious.

RIP to the poor chap, sad way to end on holiday.

Not a Mod, obviously, but FYI, I just noticed TVF User "Carlos David" viewing the page with me right now.  Joined 8 hours after this article was posted, so maybe legit family member?  Thought it worthwhile to mention, discretion with comments, etc. 

On 5/11/2018 at 1:44 AM, 55Jay said:

Not a Mod, obviously, but FYI, I just noticed TVF User "Carlos David" viewing the page with me right now.  Joined 8 hours after this article was posted, so maybe legit family member?  Thought it worthwhile to mention, discretion with comments, etc. 

Interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Julian was my friend. He was the most beautiful human being. Through tough situations he had a smile, even if the situation was bad. He used to say that whatever the problem was, in time it’ll just be the past. Everyone that met him was touched by his smile and kindness. I wanted to see if there had been any new answers, so I opened the article. He was a great swimmer. He wouldn’t commit suicide. He loved life more than anyone I’ve ever met, and he was loved.

15 hours ago, Alex96 said:

Julian was my friend. He was the most beautiful human being. Through tough situations he had a smile, even if the situation was bad. He used to say that whatever the problem was, in time it’ll just be the past. Everyone that met him was touched by his smile and kindness. I wanted to see if there had been any new answers, so I opened the article. He was a great swimmer. He wouldn’t commit suicide. He loved life more than anyone I’ve ever met, and he was loved.

Sorry for your loss, Alex ?

On 5/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, Alex96 said:

Sorry for your loss Alex

• 2 months later...

Archived