Video: It's not the sharks that are the problem - human litter scaring away the foreign tourists!

webfact

Video: It's not the sharks that are the problem - human litter scaring away the foreign tourists!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Manger Online

Manager were called in to investigate after tourists complained that a Chantaburi beach was filthy again.

The media said that tourists were scared off by the trash all over Laem Sadet beach.

Their video showed a few hardy Thais braving the litter infested waters but there was no sign of any foreign tourists on Tuesday.

Manager said it was disgraceful that the authorities were doing nothing - it was damaging the image of tourism in Thailand.

A shark attack across the gulf in the Hua Hin area has caused some consternation for those visiting Thai beaches - but the perennial problem of trash seems to be much more or a pressing issue.

On this occasion it seems to have been blown in off the sea, said Manager. 

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-09

since my sister emigrated to live on the northern beaches in aus thai beaches have seriously failed to impress me.

i've never been much of a beach person but i'd certainly not come to thailand for the beaches.

I'm convinced that Thais do not notice rubbish anywhere...it's just been the usual situation for decades..trash everywhere!

Local Tesaban officials are plainly so lazy....not until the proverbial hits the fan do they respond.

For beaches, instead of thieving and wasting funds, a simple beach cleaner would work wonders......but of course, they don't think that way!

Archived