'Professional' car wash in central Chiang Mai

konisaan

I took my car to the service station on the moat that is just after the entrance to Loi Kroh Rd. They charged less then B200 for a wash (I don't remember the exact price). When I got my car back the clear coat was very noticeably scuffed up all over (It was mirror finish before because I had a new CC done a month earlier). When I pointed this out to them they offered to polish the car for B1000 despite being responsible for the damage (BTW I have no idea if B1000 is too expensive for a polish, I've never had one done in Thailand).

Either way, will not be using that mob again. Any recommendations?

I'm satisfied with the work done by the folks at Nim City near the Airport Plaza. Towards the rear, left side after you pass Rimping. They are a detailing shop, so I really don't know if they do a simple wash. You'd have to look at their menu board.

I think the clear coat needs longer to fully harden.   When we got our civic back after a wreck, I think they said to wait three or four monts before any scrubby car wash. MAYBE DIFFERENT IN LOS.

4 hours ago, faranggl said:

I think the clear coat needs longer to fully harden.   When we got our civic back after a wreck, I think they said to wait three or four monts before any scrubby car wash. MAYBE DIFFERENT IN LOS.

Interesting, never heard that before. 

I always hang around when the boys wash my car. I also always take my own glove mitt and ask the chaps to use it. The cloths or mitts used at the wash centers a full of micro particles of dirt that scratch and wreck your paint or glass.

I carefully check what kind of soap/detergent they use and I always have a good stock of Mother's or Meguire brand car wash soap that won't attack the wax. I usually also supply the soap. Comes out cheaper then having scratches all over or bad soap that attacks the paint.

Same for the polish, use only the top brands, and if possible import it from abroad.

The wash center is usually more then glad to use my own products as they save on their detergents that are more like paint strippers then cleaners !!!!!

nearly every time i read a post here i am more enamored with the average Thai worker who must tolerate the ignorance and arrogance of their farang customer. having no idea what is the value of a service they complain about the cost. 

why don't u wash ur own car. 

2 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

nearly every time i read a post here i am more enamored with the average Thai worker who must tolerate the ignorance and arrogance of their farang customer. having no idea what is the value of a service they complain about the cost. 

why don't u wash ur own car. 

Nearly every time (two out of three times), I've taken my car to my local car wash that ignorantly and arrogantly claims to be "professional", they've sprayed cleaning product down the ignition barrel. Both times I've had to call out a locksmith before I could drive the car home. The cost of the three car washes was 450b, but after accounting for locksmith callout fees, the value of the service was minus 4,050b.

You're right that we should wash our own cars.

a car wash for the princely sum of 150 baht and they claim to be professional. 

i remain enamored with the average Thai worker who must tolerate the ignorance and arrogance of their farang customer.

thank you Thai people for your accommodation while I enjoy your wonderful country at rock bottom prices.

taotoo, you have had some bad luck. Perhaps you need to build some krama.

My car is 7 years old. I've had it since new Its been washed every month by a variety of establishments over that period. I've never paid more than 200B, often about 150B. In about 80 washes, I've never had my car scratched by the "professional" washers, nor had to call out a locksmith. In fact, I can only remember one complaint I've had in those 80 washes, one place didn't really clean it very well.

Archived