Immigration woes —- Again?

FolkGuitar

21 hours ago, amexpat said:

Yeah, Love It Or Leave It.   The TV CM motto. Applies to almost everything. 

well said.........gee,  i wonder where Rumak has been lately ?    before anyone answers, yes, i know i

am not missed .     but living a very comfortable life here in the countryside,  thank you

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some monks are Shaolin....  ?

Actually (and I know what you mean), when I was at the Shaolin Temple in 1987 it was a deserted place with nothing going on except very old history. I think there were a handful of Chinese tourists but literally no one was there. 

The subsequent commercialization of the place, in my mind, is pathetic. Anyone today who says they have some ancient Shaolin training or special talent derived from that place is totally full of it. 

I actually liked guitars poetry. ?

Yes, FolkGuitar (aka the New ThaiVisa Colossus) actually wrote that for the financing effort for the Statue of Liberty. But truth be told, I much prefer his Rime of the Ancient Mariner, although it's a little wordy.....

On 6/20/2018 at 6:28 AM, simoh1490 said:

Rather than hire a line sitter we expect you to protest the unfairness of it all by refusing to participate in a corrupt system and refusing to get your visa renewed under those inhumane circumstances, that'll show 'em you mean serious about all of this.

Exactly, my last visa renewal at immigration was 12 years ago.  I do however posess and use a small collection of rubber stamps which I inkup occasionally.

Marriage extension Monday June 25

Arrived at 8:15am. 13 People so far in line. Got number at 8:20am. Was number two. 

At 9:30am was called in.  Took 20 minutes to process. 

10:01am I was called for photo and received passport back. 

They were still processing number three of thirteen.  

Nothing stressful.  Wife and agent had all paperwork complete. Not back for another year. Easy... 

Used to be that the retirement extension was easier to get than the marriage extension.  I predict increased activity on the Thai dating websites as retirees decide to get married as a strategy to speed up their time at Imm.

17 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Used to be that the retirement extension was easier to get than the marriage extension.  I predict increased activity on the Thai dating websites as retirees decide to get married as a strategy to speed up their time at Imm.

Seriously?

Subject your life to 24/7 marriage purgatory to a void a few hours at immigration each year.

People are really that stupid?

You are making a joke, right??

PS: 90% of those girls on let's say the Pattaya section of those sites are P4P.

Not exactly the best marriage choice...

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Seriously?

Subject your life to 24/7 marriage purgatory to a void a few hours at immigration each year.

People are really that stupid?

You are making a joke, right??

PS: 90% of those girls on let's say the Pattaya section of those sites are P4P.

Not exactly the best marriage choice...

Had you considered the vague possibility that @NancyL was in a satirical mood?

No, surely not! :ohmy:

annual non-imm B extension this morning

I arrived at 8:30am

paid 500 baht for a queue sitter so was the second person to be called

very efficient new staff who checked the paperwork without the dumb comments, angry stares, walking away for coffee etc. of staff from previous visits.

paid, took photo and queue sitter waited for my passport

I was in my car and on my way home by 8:59am - included a visit to the loo

that's the least stressful visa extension I've experienced in over 20 years of doing this

• 3 weeks later...

90 day notify time again.

I got to Promenada  at 4:30 a.m. and stood there getting chewed by mosquitos while rats and ladyboy pickpockets scurried through the crowd....

Of course not.  That was just to give the agent fanboys a thrill.

As always did it online. This time for fun I used a stopwatch.  From clicking on the website until submit/accept took 5 minutes 9 seconds. I had trouble locating my arrival card in the passport. 

Approved and printed about four hours later. Another 30 seconds out of my life. 

Bangkok:

I've done a marriage visa in January no less five years running. Queue at 730 I'm out by 930. Takes fifteen minutes to process the paperwork.

Marriage visa is 2x the paperwork, must take longer to process all people being equal (not).

Daft to pay anyone anything. Even more ridiculous to think one O gets better or less treatment than another. If anything it's the marrieds that have the addl scrutiny anyway. It's dependant upon how they size you and your paperwork up.

• 1 month later...

I am at CM Immigration this morning .. got here at 3am .. already 45 people in front of me. I managed to get number 57 and with some small miracle I may get my retirement extension done today.. but it’s been 1 hr and they have only processed about 10.. they turned away over 100 .. they have to come back Monday. And another heads up.. now you need to wait outside on the road curb till 5am.. they will not let you wait inside on a stool. It’s getting worse every year.. the main problem is all the agents .. I guess next year I have to find one .. enough of this torture.

12 minutes ago, OzinThai said:

I am at CM Immigration this morning .. got here at 3am .. already 45 people in front of me. I managed to get number 57 and with some small miracle I may get my retirement extension done today.. but it’s been 1 hr and they have only processed about 10.. they turned away over 100 .. they have to come back Monday. And another heads up.. now you need to wait outside on the road curb till 5am.. they will not let you wait inside on a stool. It’s getting worse every year.. the main problem is all the agents .. I guess next year I have to find one .. enough of this torture.

After reading this I have to admit that after 14 years I don't want to go through what Ozin is going through this morning, making you wait in the road is ridiculous, and 45 people there already by 3am, I got there at 2am last year and was first in line and out by 10am.

I am going to have to find a visa agent, if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced one that's good then please let me know by pm. I heard that there is one in Chiang Mai Land, if they are not stupidly priced that would do me as it's not to far away from me.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, amexpat said:

Yeah, Love It Or Leave It.   The TV CM motto. Applies to almost everything. 

It is this mentality that I just can't understand. There is love it, leave it, but there is a 3rd option, grit your teeth and complain to your home embassy or state department about this. If enough people complain it may force a diplomatic solution. Yes you are a guest, but countries treat each others citizens according to a standard of diplomacy, if it is not working you DO have the right to address this with your home country because if you are not being treated well as a guest then your home country also has the right to respond to treat Thai guests to your home country in a like manner.

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

After reading this I have to admit that after 14 years I don't want to go through what Ozin is going through this morning, making you wait in the road is ridiculous, and 45 people there already by 3am, I got there at 2am last year and was first in line and out by 10am.

I am going to have to find a visa agent, if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced one that's good then please let me know by pm. I heard that there is one in Chiang Mai Land, if they are not stupidly priced that would do me as it's not to far away from me.

I have found a visa agent now thanks who I think has a good reputation and for a fair price and is in fact in Chiang Mai Land. As much as it pains me to do this I have to bite the bullet while things at immigration continue to be a disaster...what a shambles.

A further update.. only 60 tickets where issued for education, medical and retirement.. they reached 30 by 10.50am then stopped.. the IOs just chatted or played with their phones... asking they said they will process the other 30 when they come back from lunch.. no rush, no consideration for the fact we had been there already 8 hrs. Please if anyone has a good agent they can recommend please let me know.

5 minutes ago, OzinThai said:

A further update.. only 60 tickets where issued for education, medical and retirement.. they reached 30 by 10.50am then stopped.. the IOs just chatted or played with their phones... asking they said they will process the other 30 when they come back from lunch.. no rush, no consideration for the fact we had been there already 8 hrs. Please if anyone has a good agent they can recommend please let me know.

I am now in the process of finding one, I already have a choice of two so when I find a good one I will let you know by pm. I really feel sorry for you but as the Rolling Stones sang "This will be the last time", I will never do it at Prom again after your report for sure. Let us know what time you eventually get out?

10 minutes ago, OzinThai said:

Just go at 13:00. Problem solved!

Thai Visa Assist in Chiang Mai Land charge 12,000 for retirement extension and multiple re-entry permit.

Yes I know to some it's a rip off, a con job and certainly not worth the dough but it's an option and when it comes to dealing with immigration I do like options.

Archived